1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable Linx 7/8/10 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Gareth Halfacree, 16 Dec 2014.

1. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

I've just retested mine as I have a similar hub to Guinevere. When it's switched to 'Charge' it will charge normally at around 1A with a mouse plugged in but the mouse doesn't work.

When the hub is switched to 'OTG' the mouse works and it does charge but at 0.09A which means it would take around 30-40 hours to fully charge when the tablet is switched off and will just gradually lose power when switched on.

It looks like there may be some variance even between very similar OTG devices.

2. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

I think it only works on the 7" versions though - I don't think it'll work on the 8" or 10" models?

3. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I tried two OTG 'charging' hubs with my 7, and neither worked. I sent them both back and gave up...

4. RichCreedy

RichCreedy Hey What Who

you have to faf about with the bios, which I don't recommend, I managed to get it working but it broke things like the camera, when I went to change it back, I fiddled with other settings and bricked it.

5. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

What's the largest MicroSD card that people have in their Linx 7s? I've spotted a good deal for a 128GB card but don't want to order unless it'll definitely work...

6. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

I'm using a 64GB with zero issues. Sorry that's not much help with your 128GB conundrum, though :D

7. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

I tried a 128GB card in my Linx 10.

It recognised it but I didn't test the full capacity. So, it could see it but I don't know if it would let you fill it.

8. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Hmmm - can't decide whether to take a punt or not. I have literally nothing else to use a micro sd card with and it'd be £25 down the drain if it didn't work

9. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

They officially support 64GB, but I'd be willing to bet 128 is fine. Like I said, it could see my 128 card and I transferred stuff to and from it, but I didn't put more than maybe 20GB on it.

10. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

Has anyone successfully used Windows updates recently? My Linx8 on 8.1 stopped updating and after trying all the fixes I could find it still wouldn't update. I reset it a few days ago and it still wouldn't update after leaving it running for 24 hours.

I tried the MS update fix tool for 8.1 on the fresh install which immediately found the same 2 main errors it found before I reset it, 'fixed' them and now after another 24 hours update is still running endlessly.

11. Squallers

Squallers Meat Puppet

Edit: Never mind, didn't pull the trigger and the deal's over now

Last edited: 22 Nov 2016
  12. loftie

loftie Multimodder

A heads up, the autumn creators update just downloaded on my Linx 8 and the touchscreen no longer works if the tablet is not plugged in.

13. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Oh, that's tremendous. Looking forward to that the next time I switch on my 7

14. loftie

loftie Multimodder

The 7 may not be affected as it's, IIRC, slightly different hardware. Having a look at the windows feedback hub there are a couple of threads about the touchscreen not working on different tablets.