1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Blacklight Demons (plexi fulltower)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by [WP@]WOLVERINE, 11 Dec 2003.

1. x3r0

x3r0 What's a Dremel?

wow.
    i really love watching these kinds of cases come together and just well ... work :lol:
    excellent job.

2. at_b

at_b What's a Dremel?

am I seeing wrong or did you put the backplate upside down? :eyebrow:

3. [WP@]WOLVERINE

[WP@]WOLVERINE What's a Dremel?

hahahaha :D :D OMG !!!!

I did put the backplate on wrong :D Well that just shows that you sholud NOT build stuff without getting any sleep. I started modding at around ten oclock at night and didnt stop util the drivecage was done and that was 0630 in the morning so i was more than a little bit tired :D :D
    :blush: :D :duh: :duh:

4. Gnemelf

Gnemelf Minimodder

lmfao thats great.. looking amazing though man :dremel:

5. -Xp-

-Xp- Minimodder

Keep it coming....I'm already subscribed :D.

6. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

this does look stunning, i have to see how this turns out. looking forward to neat wiring to really finish it off..

7. Wicked Li'l Bender

Wicked Li'l Bender What's a Dremel?

stop winging nuts... You will get overrun by squirrles...

You could always use heavy duty velcro to hold on those black pieces.... and it will also give some clearance for the screws...

8. [WP@]WOLVERINE

Re: stop winging nuts... You will get overrun by squirrles...

Hmm that wasnt a bad idea but since ive already drilled the holes...i think ill keep it as it is but maybe change the wingnuts to some sprakly Domenuts :)

9. -Xp-

-Xp- Minimodder

Great minds think alike ;).

10. sqaulidhummer

sqaulidhummer What's a Dremel?

nice work :thumb: :clap:

11. [WP@]WOLVERINE

Weeeee :D :D :thumb:

I finaly got the cas assembeled with top and bottom this was a bit nervous because ya never now if everytings gonna fit properly. but thank god it DID :thumb: all the pieces came together perfectly. In order to get it all together i had to move all the stuff out of my old sunbeam and in to another old case i had lying around (custom paintjob by me for the kids) :)

[​IMG]

And heres some pics of the case were everyting is in place :D (exept the mainboardplate that will go in tomorrow)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One of my cats wanted to be in the picture to :) If all goes well the case should be done tomorrow night then its on to those evil cables. and i have to mention the case now weighs 13kg and thats EMPTY this one wont be easy on the back. OMG IVE CREATED A MONSTER :D :D

Last edited: 20 Sep 2010
  12. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

Very cool case there. Im loving the skulls and pentagram. Looks very cleanly done. Its not often I see a case with skulls that I like.

13. 3vil-Grin

3vil-Grin What's a Dremel?

:jawdrop:
    :rock: :clap:

This is one bada$$ case!!

The freehand drawings and etching are sooo SWEET looking!!!

Can't wait to see more...please keep us posted.

**Concerning the 12 hard drives... I was just talking to my boss (IT Manager) a couple weeks ago about setting up a storage unit with 2-3 terabytes for the college i work for. He thought it would be a great idea too, though he would like me to come up with a plan of sorts. Especially since he doesn't want to spend too much money on it. I'll keep watch on your project to see how i might be able to do this for them (the college) in the future. Thanks!!

Again....YOU ROCK!!! :rock:

14. sandmancometh

sandmancometh What's a Dremel?

Nice! I also dig the Spidey/Wolverine case. However, as a hardcore fan I must point out that Wolverine only has three claws, not four. Sorry, i'm picky I know. But nonetheless. Super craftsmanship!!!

15. fohkus

fohkus What's a Dremel?

damn how the hell did u cut so straight w/ a jigsaw.. krazyyy!

16. [WP@]WOLVERINE

UPDATE!!
    its time for more pictures :)

I just finished the Mainboard mountingplate. My original thought was simply to hav a square plexiplate to mount the mainboard on but as i thought about it that seemed to be a bit on the ordinary side so i came up with the idea of a shaped plate i used the rightside panel from my old Sunbeam case as it already had the fittings for the mainboard. I had previously engraved a demon on the side and thought it would be a waste not to use it so i did :) First i marked out the size that i needed and found that the demon was sticking out all over the place so i decided to cut along the outline of it.

[​IMG]

And since i had a brand new can of transparent uv color i just had to go nuts with it :) And this is what it will look like with the Uv ccd turned on.

[​IMG]

Thats it for this small update, ill be posting more pictures soon :D

Last edited: 20 Sep 2010
  17. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

that truely is gorgeous - the whole case that is...
    keep it up :thumb:

18. at_b

at_b What's a Dremel?

yo man
    it s gorgeous
    how did you spray it to get that effect :confused:

19. The_Sub

The_Sub What's a Dremel?

O!! M!! G!!!!

This is one very sweet case. Your artwork is simply fantastic! The idea of filling the engraving with uv paint is a very thought invoking one... hmmm... :idea: I may have to implement this into my plans somehow. I am currently designing an acrylic case. Should be an actual project in the near future, pending the proper funds are available. I just hope that it will come out as well as yours is. Just a quick question though.. Have you experienced any problems or anything while working with the acrylic?

oh yeah almost forgot..... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

20. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Wicked Sick! :rock: :rock: :rock: This is just totaly mind blowing. Definately gives me inspiration for one of my soon-to-come-into-realisation projects (huge retro tower converted to mostly plexi with a laptop spliced into the mix....). Where did you buy the uv paint?