1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Orange Juice - [30.12.2005]

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Deathrow, 15 Nov 2005.

1. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

We shall see. Ill mod it after ive seen how it runs initially. Gonna finish cutting the rad hole out now, then I shall update the log.

2. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Made some time for modding today. Cut out the hole for the radiator.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now im going to get the case preped for painting.

Until next time.

3. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Got chance to go down to PC World today and grab some fans which were actually cheaper in store than online :eyebrow:. Anyways, got them home and got them sleeved.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Still havent decided where these are going to plug in. Im tempted to use the supplied molex connectors and then have one of the RPM sensors connected to the CPU fan socket so I can monitor the RPM of the 2 fans on the radiator. Not a hell of alot I can get done until I get the case back from the paint shop next week but I will try and find little things to do and update every now and then so you guys dont get too bored.

4. gvblake22

gvblake22 mmm, yep

Hey, those are some pretty sweet looking fans! I've never seen those before, nice find!
    Looking forward to seeing this project as it progresses. Nice work so far! :thumb:

5. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Thanks for the posotive feedback, it really does go the miles. I dont think I would be as enthusiastic about this case if there wasent all the good feedback from the people on this forum.

I like the fans, they suit the colour scheme and are damn quiet which is the aim of the game for me :D.

Just finished swaping the blue LED's out for orange ones for the power and hdd LED's. Still waiting for this guy to pay for my truck so I can order some more parts.

6. pat1

pat1 What's a Dremel?

Looks great so far... makes me want to take the plunge into water cooling

7. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Nice to see someone satisfying my orange obsession! Looking good so far, the paint job on the mouse is great and I've always liked those orange/white fans.

<A88>

8. Dj Ovin

Dj Ovin What's a Dremel?

Looks nice so far! ;) Cant wait to see the result! I like your color, not many who use orange :thumb:

Dj Ovin

9. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Im glad you all like my colour choice. Orange is my favourite colour and as you say not many people use it in their mods. Just dropped the parts off at the paint shop along with a small piece of this orange cable sleeving as a colour key. I spoke to the guy thats going to be painting it for me and he said it will be pretty much like car paint :D. And in his own words "psychodelic" :D.

10. Cobra1991

Cobra1991 What's a Dremel?

Mods coming along ace :thumb: keep up the good work, i'll be watching this :D

11. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

The PCI plates, could you tell me how to get it so shiney? I've sanded the plates manually as I don't have a dremel, I've smoothened them by sanding them with low grit.

Should I get a dremel and some polish bits to put on them for the ultimate shiney plates?

12. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

I did mine like this:

Stripped the paint with some Paint and Varnish Remover.
    Washed them.
    Polished them.

Thats all I had to do.

Be expecting an update of the log tomorrow (later today). Think its about 80% certain I will have somthing to add :D.

And again, thanks for the support!

13. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

My aplogies for the lack of updates that I promised, ive hit a small but ever so important snag. The AC Ryan ATX pin remover I bought decided to snap on me. So I now have no means of removing the pins from the P4 power cable, the PCI cable or that other 8 pin power cable thing, so I cant finish sleeving the PSU and dont really want to post half completed stuff.

If anyone has any methods of removing ATX pins, please oh please be kind enough to post them in the Orange Juice Discussion thread, any ideas are greatly appreciated!

14. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

I had the same problem with the ATX pin remover in the MORF kits; the metal is far too thin and snapped half way through sleeving.

What I use instead is a very small jewellers screw driver - does the job just fine :thumb:

15. -Erik-

-Erik- Guest

[​IMG]

With some digging around the forums, I've came across this image. I remembered there was some kind of similar tutorial on making your own molex remover but this image will do!

16. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Sorry -Erik-, its an ATX pin rmeover I need, my molex one works great, but thanks for trying and contributing :thumb:.

Leeum, i tried using a small jewlers screw driver but couldent get that to work either, ill have another go though.

Performance-PC's are being great about this and have offered to send me a better tool if I pay the shipping for it :thumb:. Dont think it will arrive fast enough though, so I still need to get these pins out.

17. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

the ATX pin remover thing is easy enough, my ACRyan one that came with my sleving kit arrived broken.

if you are not going to use the plug again, the simple method is to use a kraft knife, cut down the sides of the housting where the tab that needs to be pushed is, and then rotate the knife, it will push the tab in, usually one tab pushed is enough to remove the pin :)

hope this helps :)

18. Deathrow

Deathrow Minimodder

Thanks, however I really do need the plugs :blah:.

Finished putting my truck back together now so I will have another go at it right now, need to sleeve a few other cables too. Will see how we go and possibly update (unfinished) tonight.

19. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

have you got two small flat head screw drivers? you could use those, or maybe some small sewing needles, thay also work.

20. Jokkocze

Jokkocze What's a Dremel?

I use needles when playing with psu's.. Works great ^^