1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Project: HourBeforeDawn, 10 of August

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by HourBeforeDawn, 27 Oct 2006.

1. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

Well I have been sending out some emails to get some sponsors for this build and I have gotten a response and I would like to announce my first sponsor for this case will be from CoolerGuys.com, I will announce what I will be receiving from the company later on.
    But in the mean time stop by their site and check them out.

Sponsors
    Please Take The Time To Visit All My Fine Sponsors.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 27 Apr 2007
  2. ezland00

ezland00 What's a Dremel?

nice work!

3. HourBeforeDawn

Well after talking to a particular company for about 2hrs on the phone I would like to welcome another sponsor to the project

AcousticPC.com

[​IMG]

4. HourBeforeDawn

More sponsor goodness

Mountain Mods has jumped on board.

[​IMG]

5. IanJackson

IanJackson Photographer & Modder

LUCKY!!! I have always loved there cases! they are freakin' awesome! :sigh: :duh:

6. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Just a quick note. I would not put the chiller there, next to the motherboard. The chiller unit will get VERY hot (too hot to touch, instant burn) and will warm up all the air around it, making a very hot PC! There is a reason that they usually put the chillers in a seperate case. I have the same chiller, so I am not just saying this for fun - its a pre-warning. at least give it a metal cover to sheild the mobo, and make sure you have fans at the front and the back of the chiller to expell all the red-hot-air.

Good luck, and have fun. The chillers are a great project! (see mine which has been converted to run in a water cooling loop in the extreme cooling subforum)

-al.

7. widmod

widmod Minimodder

look at the pictures

The fans in front and back of the chiller are allready installed and can be seen in the pictures you posted. I also belief that a cover for the chiller will be added otherwise it would destroy the clean look and the paintjob of the case

8. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

none of it looks installed to me, its just been sat there. I was just making sure he didnt remove them :)

9. HourBeforeDawn

yes there will be fans on the side of the case that will exhaust all the hot air, and yes there will be a separation plate that will be made to go between the chiller and rest of the system.

10. HourBeforeDawn

Well on the 7th I will have a nice update as thats when I will get the goodies from AcousticPC.com
    what goodies is that in which I am getting well I guess you will have to wait and see ^_^

11. widmod

widmod Minimodder

fans and glasses

The left fan is secured with screws to the chillers radiator. Get yourself some glasses!
    The process of modding usually includes a mock up, which is made here with the second fan.

12. HourBeforeDawn

the area in which the phase cooler will be mounted will have one intake fan for the chillers rad and two exhaust fans will be mounted on the side panel to expel any hot air, there will be a exhaust fan on the motherboard tray and on the right side where the HDDs will be located two more exhaust fans, on the left side panel where the rad for one of the liquid cooling systems will be located will have two intake fans mounted to it so in total there will be more exhaust fans then intake fans to achieve the desired negative pressure effect to help insure that any hot air in the system will be removed.
    As mentioned next week I will be getting goodies from AcousticPC one of which will be the fans I will be using in this system so you will be able to see the fans mocked into place with exception of the left side panel, Mountain Mods has not yet produced my custom side panel and wont be able to until the next production run which sadly may take up to 4-6 weeks so I will see it anytime at the end of this month or the next.

13. Irowine

Irowine What's a Dremel?

I like the Diablo font

14. HourBeforeDawn

alright a small little update, here is a shot of the copper sheet that I nabbed from my dads warehouse and I can tell you what copper even a sheet like this isnt not cheap.

[​IMG]

Now a lot of people have stated their dislike for the looks of the copper phase cooler and have said to cover it up and well I love it and it ties well with my gothic theme and this sheet of copper which I have plenty more of will be used and have the grills cut out as well as other accent parts that will tie everything together so you will have to hang tight and see how that goes ;)

15. HourBeforeDawn

Well also on the 7th or the 8th I should be getting the goodies from Cooler Guys
    so come Monday or Tuesday a nice update shall take place ^.^

16. HourBeforeDawn

Alright Alright Update Time

Today that big beautiful UPS truck pulled into my drive way to deliver this nice and big box.

[​IMG]

Where did that box come from you might ask?
    AcousticPC.com

containing all the lovely sponsored goodies, this box came extremely well packaged everything was perfected wrapped and protected no way of any damage during transit and thats what I like to see.

Alright here is a shot of all the goodies that came in this box.

[​IMG]

Oh ya thats a lot of fans and not just any fans AcousticPC exclusive 3-blade Delta fans, no worries folks these high cfm fans will be on a fan controller to help keep them in line.

[​IMG]

Next up is the two rads that will be used for the two liquid cooling loops that will be housed in that case, Swiftech MCR220 man are they pretty.

[​IMG]

And finally a single Laing D-5 Variable pump, the second one will ve coming in a week or so.

[​IMG]

These are some kickass products and I again would like to thank AcousticPC.com for their sponsorship and on going relationship through out this build.

Alright folks thats all for now ;)

Last edited: 16 Aug 2007
  17. zhangmaster12

zhangmaster12 What's a Dremel?

those pumps pwn. i have one with a couple rads and 2 wbs and the water still flows fast.

18. HourBeforeDawn

ya they are awesome so nice and quiet.

19. Fozzy

Fozzy What's a Dremel?

I like the DDC pumps better. I've used both and that pump emits a high pitched squeal at full tilt. Although it supports 1/2 inch tubing which the DDC does not without an adapter. It's also much larger than a DDC but you definitely have the room. Also those are swiftech single pass radiators which have a lower fin density than a GTS stealth. The GTS stealth has a much higher fin density, is a double pass radiator, and is also smaller with more heat dissipating capacity. But two radiators are more than enough when not cooling the CPU. Even if you were to put a block on everything in your system and threw in a couple 200watt pelts they would still perform admirably.

20. HourBeforeDawn

oh lookie lookie, I come home from work to find this at my door stop

[​IMG]

Its more goodies, this time from CoolerGuys.com

alright here is all the prettyness ^_^

[​IMG]

So what do I have here okay first up 4 red led light strips

[​IMG]

next up the UV led light strips

[​IMG]

followed by 2 mini red led strip and 1 mini uv led strip lights

[​IMG]

and last but certainly not least the KamaMeter fan controller

[​IMG]

again I would like to thank CoolerGuys.com for thie support in this project.