1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project:Halcyon in Black-12/06/2007 Credits.

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Excalib12e, 27 Oct 2006.

1. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

again nice work, this turned out great.

2. Evenge

Evenge Minimodder

Nice work. I like your style!

3. brinkz0r

brinkz0r Minimodder

You didn't warn me when I bought that reservoir from you :hehe:

I really like the case, especially the left side with the usb-ports. It's definately better than with the c-strip :)

4. DAE_JA_VOO

DAE_JA_VOO What's a Dremel?

I followed this log all along, and i've been absolutely blown away by your work. Fantastic stuff dude, fantastic.

Post some more pics please :D

5. dan-ere-07

dan-ere-07 What's a Dremel?

what card is in the botom?

6. Excalib12e

Excalib12e What's a Dremel?

Seeing the response when i logged in took me aback. Thanks so much to all the wonderful comments given by everyone :)

Yes it seems that the camera picked up the noise quite well. It isnt all that loud thankfully..

I had nightmares with this reservoir. The very first time i used it, the divider piece in there came off. I had "great" fun with a tweezers, goop, and alot of swearing before managing to somehow stick it back. All this only having the little fill hole to work through. The fill cap sucked as well, leaking coolant, and it couldnt be tightened. :wallbash:

Eventually I sealed the cap off which is why you see the extra bit of hose and a barb for filling.This way i only got the reservoir half filled.I hope my pump doesnt die on me though.

I will try to take more shots and put them up soon. Am very bad at photography so i only took a few photos. :hehe:

Its an Audigy 2 Zs soundcard..

7. TapperSwe

TapperSwe What's a Dremel?

This case came out very nice ,good work.

8. Mr. Oizo

Mr. Oizo That yellow furry animal-thingy

Wow, at first I didnt even saw the CD-Rom drive :thumb: Lighting looks great! Watercooling looks great! ...EVERYTHING LOOKS GREAT! :clap:

Good job! Hope to see your next casemod soon! :rolleyes:

9. IanJackson

IanJackson Photographer & Modder

Looks awesome dude, love the rez in the front and the stealth drive! Keep it UP! :jawdrop:

10. itsjustacompaq

itsjustacompaq Minimodder

this is right up there with der_meister as one of the cleanest mods ive seen. that dvd stealth is simply amazing, i had no clue it was there, and the lighting fits the mod so well. i hope you dont mind that i'm going to "borrow" your idea for the mobo cover and modify it a little :D

11. Excalib12e

Thanks again guys :) I am pretty glad how the stealth drive came out. By glueing the piece cut out from the front panel to the tray , and some adjustments to the drive position, this mod is done quite simply.The exact fit and colour is what makes the drive plate "stealthed" I kinda forgot to take pictures, but im sure you get the idea.

Der_meister's casing is made from scratch :thumb: , wish i had the skill to do that too. Oh regarding the covers..Please go ahead with it. :p After all, mods are put here so people can be inspired ;) I was inspired alot by the Orac 3 :clap:

12. Excalib12e

Well heres a post project update.

Firstly heres a rough diagram to show some of the power wiring that goes on in the pc. Il break it down even further into components soon but for now ive only had time to create this one. Single lines doesnt mean single wires so it might be a bit confusing at first. Ive forgotten to draw in the hard disk, but basically it shares the power cable with the cd rom

[​IMG]

Pictures of mod now with the rest of my desktop

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is it for now, stay tuned :)

13. B[x]

B[x] What's a Dremel?

I haven't posted in this thread as of yet despite following your work for some time. I just wanted to say that you've got a nice clean style that I really like to see in computers. It's got that elegant feel that looks sleek and isn't overly gaudy. Praise aside, I have a couple questions/comments.

How do you like the Saitek keyboard? I've thought about purchasing one but the fact that they're wired has stayed my hand.

I think you should retake the pictures for your background. What I would do is turn your monitor off and snap a picture. Dump the picture and set it up as your desktop. Retake the picture from the same spot (or a different one for an odd effect) and then use that as your background. Repeat as necessary.

Nice choice on those speakers, assuming you've got the 2.1 setup. For $35, they really can't be beat.

14. widmod

widmod Minimodder

really grat od with a clean finish i like it :thumb:

15. Excalib12e

hi, thank you.Regarding the saitek keyboard, i quite like the feel of the keys and the overall look.The lighting isnt really all that useful though.The fact that it's wired doesnt really bother me.Thanks for the advice on the photos, i hadn't actually intended to capture it that way, just so happened the picture was on the screen at the time.Will try it out though.
    Ive the 5.1 version of those speakers and theyre pretty good.

appreciate it :)

16. Excalib12e

17. DireSnake

DireSnake What's a Dremel?

18. MonkeyNutZ

MonkeyNutZ Crysis Fiend

Hmm, this gives me some ideas for my old Lian-Li :naughty:

19. Pfaffen

Pfaffen What's a Dremel?

Great job on drawing out the design. You really have the finished design in your head!!! Keep up the good work. Can't wait to see it finished.

20. Excalib12e

:hehe: thanks.. I was just surprised to see the project made in a sort of article.a big thanks to whoever wrote it :)

Lian-li's are sweet to mod..though theyre already so great looking.

Thanks..yes it is finished :D I didnt totally stick to the design, i guess you can only do so much planning until you really build it..