1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam DayZ Thread (Standalone)

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 18 Dec 2013.

1. NIHILO

NIHILO The Customer isn't always right!

ran into a glitch on experimental branch where i could not attack what so ever. luckily everything was ok back on stable branch

2. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

64 was pretty insane, 100 would be even more so. Still quite buggy, not sure if that was the 0.36 patch we were on or the server software / bandwidth. Still its a step in the right direction, bugs aside, it was very fun.

3. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

Alright, I caved!

Between following this thread and a friend of mine constantly posting photos on fb, I couldn't take it anymore and really had to find out what the fuss is about!

4. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

5. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

The cowboys are friends of mine :D

The Mothership

6. NIHILO

well then if thats the case youre gunna have to band up with Speed, Ninjaplease and myself some time soon, we play often and can show you the ropes and get you some gear!

7. Leesy1

Leesy1 What's a Dremel?

I started to have a go on this last night. It was good fun. One issue I have though is the speed of mouse look when paning around. I have upped the sensitivity to max and it still is very slow. Is that how it's meant to be?. I had to move mouse a lot of get it moving around sometimes.

I decided to punch a zombie which was a mistake. Seems all I ended up doing was running and dripping in blood. Then went for a swim and went unconscious a tad later :(. Also I accidentally drank some antifreeze (i think that was it). I then got sick and went to the edge of a building and walked off (by accident) and died.

8. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

I think mouse acceleration is partly to blame, its broken at the moment from what I remember and I don't think the options do much. If you have a decent mouse try upping the DPI in its software and set a profile for DayZ.

lol, punching a zombie is often a good way to down them, which gives you enough time to make your escape, but going one on one with them without a weapon often ends in you bleeding. That would be disinfectant spray you drank, ask ninjaplease, he knows all about drinking that stuff in the game! ;)

Anyways, if anyone wants to team up with ninjaplease, nihilo and I, just add me here:: http://steamcommunity.com/id/speedsurfer/

Last edited: 15 Feb 2014
  9. Sheiken

Sheiken Wat?

That sounds great, because I have been at it on my own, and lets just say that I have run a few of my characters into the grund, lets leave it at that ;)

I am Hei5enbergDk on steam :)

10. NIHILO

Yeah it can be rough the first few lives. I remember my first spawn, i ran into a few other fresh spawns and decided i try to make friends, nope. the proceeded to beat me to death with baseball bats. next few lives continued like this until i actually got a some gear, after that i was shot on sight by a armed player who had me held down in a building. then i starved to death exploring the contry side.

if you team with us we will let you know of weapon spawns and other info, tips and tricks, plus we need a 4th man for the raids we do! I will also send you a friend request on steam first chance i get!

11. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Minimodder

It's much more fun when you're in a group. Don't let nihilo try and take your pants off though he has thing for that....:naughty:

12. NIHILO

WHOA! I may be a ruthless killer, maniac, backstabber... but im not a bum stabber.

13. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Hmm.... I want to believe you but there is a disturbing screenshot around here somewhere that might cast doubt.... :worried:

14. NIHILO

theres a difference between punishment and doing it out of pleasure. That individual was used as a warning letting people know NOT TO MESS WIT DE TUNNEL SNAKES.

15. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

Speaking of, we need some black leather jackets, hopefully they'll be in the new patch whenever that hits.

16. NIHILO

Black leather jackets, sunglasses, and various melee weapons!

TUNNEL SNAKES RULE.

17. ninjaplease

ninjaplease I don't know what I'm doing

You did this to your own body, man.

[​IMG]

You need help, man.

18. NIHILO

not my own body, hair color is different.

All bandits will be punished with sodomy!

19. chewbaccas_nan

chewbaccas_nan Minimodder

The proof is in the pudding. Nihilo now has been caught red handed... or should I say brown handed. He even has his eyes closed in the picture like hes enjoying it.

Last edited: 17 Feb 2014
  20. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

He did it again today! At least this guy today actually wanted to die, although not sure what he'd think about what happened after lol.

I've added you. Do you have a mic? You can find both Nihilo and Ninjaplease on my friends list.