Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

I have a bunch of Wüsthof knives, and i can honestly confirm that I love them all, even a few years down the line. Good buy.

2. Sarakon

Sarakon The German

Glad to hear it. Now I have to find some nice recipes that require a bunch of chopping!

3. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

In case there was any doubt about me...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. veato

veato I should be working

5. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Ticket for Star Wars at my local Vue.

Sam

6. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

7. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

A 49-58mm step-up ring, a 58-55mm step-down ring and a 55mm to Fuji FX reverse adapter.

Since I almost never used my Konica Auto S2 (because I like my Olympus 35SP more) I decided to do something apparently no one has tried before: adapt its highly acclaimed (fixed) lens to my digital camera. :dremel:
    Since I have no access to a metal lathe (someday... someday...) I figured out a way to do it using the above.
    The results:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Getting the lens close enough to the camera to focus to infinity was doable, just like getting the focusing tab to work properly (see gif above), but combining those two proved to be a major headache given the space constraints. In the end I succeeded though (though only just) by filing away some bits of the rings, changing the focusing mechanism itself and making some brass bits thinner. Now it works perfectly. :D

Because I used a reverse adapter, the mount is interchangeable (should I ever get a full frame Sony mirrorless). And since no parts are fixed permanently, I could insert an entire new lens, should this one get damaged some way.

So by getting a few adapter rings I got a great new lens for my Fuji X-E1. Nice! :)

8. stormbringer500

stormbringer500 What's a Dremel?

A pair of these will arrive tomorrow.

[​IMG]

9. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Got my self the new nintendo ds xenoblade addition along with pokemon, zelda link between worlds, kingdom heats & monster hunter. Never done much with nintendo stuff but got it to chill out with after work

10. Porkins' Wingman

Porkins' Wingman Can't touch this

Cripes! Them's there a good few hours of gaming there, Monster Hunter and Xenoblade alone can see you through to 2017.

11. Kehoe

Kehoe Minimodder

Oh boy... best add it to my ever growing list of games i never complete... I just purchased 2 bags of taste of the wild dog food as it was on random £20 off offer on amazon so i got several bags due to be delivered to work tomorrow that will be fun to explain

also resubbed to SWTOR

12. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

[​IMG]
    Logitech MX Master

13. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

[​IMG]

In black

14. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Pretty pleased with this, and the littl'un will be even more pleased when she sees it tomorrow :)

15. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

I got that one last year and the toy shop this year. They're both really great. My 3yo son plays with them and they get pretty mangled, but it's a fun holiday tradition.

16. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

[​IMG]

17. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

[​IMG]

Had mine for a few months now and I love it. I have the thumb rest button mapped to escape and that has made CAD use so much nicer.

18. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

[​IMG]
    Now debating which 980Ti to drive it. My current 760 just isn't cutting it in any way,shape or form.

19. Ficky Pucker

Ficky Pucker I

really nice mouse, i've had a Logitech G700 before and i'm very impressed with it, thought it'd be a sidegrade rather than upgrade (apart from much improved battery life) but i was dead wrong.

PC World have it for £20 off at £59.99, which isn't exactly cheap but imo its well worth the price, especially considering i'll be using it everyday for next couple of years...

i didn't know about the thumb rest (and "gestures") until i accidentally clicked it !

awesome feature !

currently i have the "gestures" mapped with the "media controls" preset, for someone who listents to music as much as i do its a really handy ;) feature.

i like the "Logitech Options" software, seems to have come a long way from the awful "Set Point", i still haven't gotten around customizing all the buttons to my likings though..

i've been very impressed with this mouse so far, the shape, all the customizable buttons, battery life, "Logitech Options" software, easily best mouse i've ever had, hopefully it'll last me a long time.

i never thought i'd be this excited about a mouse :D

20. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

Treated myself to a new car stereo AVH-X3700DAB

[​IMG]

And an i5 4460

Merry Xmas to me