1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

A half-price copy of Assetto Corsa from Steam sale.

2. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

A retrospective all-access pass to a special VIP road area (i.e. a bus-lane ticket)

Thanks Mrs_Tad :rolleyes:

Annoyingly it wasn't even to get somewhere quickly... quiet road on the photos. She pulled out onto the street and was in the bus lane for less than 100m, realised that it was earlier than she thought (08:45) and that the bus lane was active until 09:00, and moved straight out. Not soon enough it seems, the second photo was straddling lanes as she moved in to the other lane.

3. Wakka

Wakka Yo, eat this, ya?

SRAM PC-1051 10 Speed Chain
    Tesa Tape 4289 19mm (66m of! Cheaper than a 9m roll of Stan's)

Now it's literally just brake rotors and little bits like cable outers, a bleed kit for the Reverb etc.

4. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

When I bought the bars for my GT I stupidly did not look at the weight. When they arrived I thought "JFC these are heavy!". I had bought a set of Snafu bars before and remembered they were incredibly light. So I did my research.. Vocal Neptune 1.2kg (I crap thee not) Snafu Illingworth 800 grams. So here is what I did.

[​IMG]

Snafu Scotty Cranmer. Pretty much identical, 800 grams.

5. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

[​IMG]

Stupid I Have Money To Burn Edition of Life is Strange: Before the Storm to go with the Significantly Less Expensive Limited Edition of Life is Strange. Haven't played BtS yet, so quite looking forward to it dropping through the door some time next month!

Vault-Tec likes this.
  6. Vault-Tec

There is nothing better than a box set for a game you adore. There really isn't. I still have all of my Fallout stuff (enough to fill an entire cupboard) and wouldn't part with it for anything.

7. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Yeah, but there's risk involved with pre-ordering one. I've got the Xbox 360 Alone in the Dark Limited Edition on my shelf as a reminder of that: watched the making of stuff, pre-ordered the LE, and I now have a rubbish game with equally rubbish plastic statue of Edward Carnby taking up room. Even when the game is good, the collectables can be ropey: I've got Batman: Arkham... one of 'em, I forget, and the awesome Baterang statue from the pictures became a horrid single-colour hollow piece of plastic perma-glued to the stand and 'battle worn' by someone attacking it for a minute or two with a flat-bladed screwdriver. Horrible.

That said, I've also got some corkers. Halo 3 Legendary Edition was good, but Halo Reach Legendary Edition takes the biscuit - great quality statue, secondary box filled with feelies like there was an explosion in an Infocom warehouse, lovely stuff.

8. Vault-Tec

I bought the FO3 lunchbox long after the game launched, but before "Fallout mania". I got a PS4 one for £34. I took off the outer plastic thing, threw it away and put a PC version in at a later date. Good thing is my docu is BR not DVD. I have the FO3 Brotherhood Of Steel edition (with the statue of a guy in power armour) Fallout New Vegas (what can go wrong, right? apart from the NPC getting stuck 30 hours in and there being no fix lmfao) FO4 pip boy, a few bobbleheads (for pre ordering and other SEs) I have a Fallout 3 developer's Tshirt (The ones they wear in the docu, stupidly I wore it but I still have it) and then about five other special issue Tshirts, full guide to FO4, pip boy mask etc. My most prized possessions though (and rarest) are the beer mat set you got if you pre ordered from Target (USA, kinda like Walmart) and these were very short in numbers but my number one is a 5ft 3mm card POS (point of sale) display poster like thing for FONV. However, this was only issued to Game and again quite short in numbers. The date on it is wrong (well, it's correct but it's in US format). My mate sent me that for my Bday in a tube about 7" wide. It cost him a fortune.

One day when I am out of rented property I am deffo making a wall display. I have bottle openers, wallets etc. The only thing of importance I do not have is the FO3 pip boy edition. Mostly because Bethesda charged four hundred dollars for it so when it comes up it's like a grand or more. For a pip boy clock that is so poorly made most of them failed lmao.

9. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

I almost never buy a game over £20, and I even less frequently buy a collector's edition / etc.

But I loved FC3 and FC4, and I know I wanted the season pass for this one so thought I would. I got around £55 in Amazon vouchers for xmas/birthday so after that it's cost me around £20. It's available cheaper elsewhere but I don't have a honking pile of vouchers for anywhere other than Amazon. Can't wait!

Vault-Tec likes this.
  10. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Just bought a Dyson V8 Absolute in black and because I phoned up to moan about what the difference, which was not obvious, was between the 4 V8 models listed I got another 20 quid off, result.

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

They had my other half for that too. She'd pulled into the bus lane a couple of dozen yards too early - people do a lot worse around here - and they had her for it.

12. bladecs_04

bladecs_04 What's a Dremel?

13. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Bloody flight changes. Spent more on the change fees than the original return ticket, all because the bureaucracy can't make up its mind when they want me in place for a shoot... :miffed::wallbash:

14. Vault-Tec

*facepalm*. Oh well, at least there is literally nothing left to replace lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Vault-Tec

lol I did it ! I actually did it !! I made an order from the Nike website and didn't order any trainers :D *pats himself on the back* that's the first time I have managed that :D though I won't lie I did have a pair of Huarache Specials in my cart at the end :D

[​IMG]

My how I have changed lmao.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The other day I ruined a hoodie (new) and bottoms (new) spilling EC6 all over them. I foolishly thought it would wash out like Mayhem's pastel but nuh uh. Even two treatments with vanish and they still look knackered.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And a new coat. Shouldn't need it much longer but then hey, £12 for a XXL Airwalk coat is not to be sniffed at so I got it for next winter.

[​IMG]

16. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

More signed first/first books:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

17. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

I normally like to get 2 years out of a phone, and this marks 16 months so probably a little premature... but apparently it's new phone time anyway, because... shiny - LG V30 64GB, Moroccan Blue to be specific.

[​IMG]

I would have liked the 128GB model, but it's grey import only, and whilst that in itself wouldn't bother me toooooo much, given the early screen inconsistencies reported the option to pop down the road to swap it out with seems worth it. I already have a 128GB microSD in my current HTC 10 to swap anyway.

18. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Pretty much the below, new gear knob and gaiter as mine are both very tatty

[​IMG]

And a black grille, stock is silver, plus this looks much better

[​IMG]

19. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

20. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

[​IMG]
    Small Sebenza 21

[​IMG]
    Makerbot replicator clone and some PLA to go with it.