1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What's ruining your life right now?

Discussion in 'General' started by TheMusician, 28 Oct 2009.

1. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

I’m thankful I’ve never (yet) been the victim of a burglary. And I’ve lived in some pretty horrific council estates.

2. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Call with solicitor today. Had a senior barrister on the call, gave the medical expert quite the grilling. He doesn't think the case has a good chance of success, less then 50% he said, so unlikely insurance company will authorise court proceedings. Settlement or mitigation might be an option, but just don't know. Spent about half hour crying. I knew there was always a chance of not winning, but the surgeon had made quite a convincing case in the previous call. Just been through so much and it hurts so deeply, both physically and emotionally.

3. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

@Shirty I had my gallbladder removed yesterday via keyhole surgery (5 incisions). I have some aching across the abdomen but don't find the pain to be unmanageable. Was yours a keyhole procedure too?

Hope you feel better soon.

4. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

£1,755 paid to solicitors to expedite the eviction of the dole dossers, should be out before Friday and if not, they will with the aid of bailiffs.

Can’t wait to watch them get turfed out, but feel sorry knowing it’ll be the council picking up the cost of rehoming them. Even though it was the council who have told them to stay put until they get turfed out.

Should be illegal that.

I already know the house will need gutting, another expense, but be glad for it to finally be over.

IanW and adidan like this.
  5. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Feel your pain mate.

It's the one big silver lining I console myself with, even though lots of work needs doing my tenant at least buggered off.

Glad you got at least that stress dealt with.

DeanSUNIAIU likes this.
  6. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I had 4 keyhole incisions, the main one in the belly button (reopening the one from January where I had an inguinal hernia fixed), and like you I'm uncomfortable but coping well without pain relief.

Hope yours feels better soon too!

Feels a bit like my body got to 40 and decided it was payback time for all the abuse over the years - I haven't had need to so much as visit a doctor in the past 20 years :hehe:

7. adidan

Dude, through your belly button?!? That freaks me out.

Hope you and your gallbladder budder @dead beat get on the mend soon.

I don't even know where to begin imagining what those aches and pains even feel like.

8. dead beat

dead beat Rippin six 4 life

Thanks,

The belly button incision is the least enjoyable. That's the hole they use to pull the gallbladder out, so sitting down and getting up isn't all that pleasant during the recovery process

9. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

My wife had her gallbladder out before I met her and the scar was one of the things that she was nervous about me seeing. She has an 11" long x 1.5" wide scar going from just above her appendix diagonally up to her left hand side. When she had her appendix out later, the surgeon took one look at the gallbladder scar and said "who did that?", turns out the first surgeon was known as a bit of a butcher in terms of the final look, always did a great job in fixing the problems, but not good at all on making things neat afterwards.

When she had her thyroid surgery she was stitched up by a plastic surgeon and that was over 100 really fine stitches and you don't see the scar unless you are looking for it and that goes almost 120 degrees across the front of her neck.

10. adidan

Ugh I have a thing about my belly button.

* Shudder *

It was a good while ago now but my appendix scar looks like they only had a kitchen knife spare to cut me open :happy:

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  11. Ajbod

Ajbod Minimodder

I had my left Femoral artery bypassed a couple of years ago. The scar runs from 3" above my ankle all the way up, and 3" along the groin. The surgeon told me he would cut in 3 places, he didn't say he was going to join the dots though.

perplekks45 likes this.
  12. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

This beautiful weather - yes I do have more motorcycle lessons and both my big test tomorrow. So every day without failure it’s either rained or been a storm.

13. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Feel your pain!! Itching to get back on my little Mutt Mongrel. Mrs has barred me from the big boy test because of an incident last year. I want a bigger bike!

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  14. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

A big bike would allow you to accelerate out of danger if required, and has better brakes for stopping :),

15. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Sadly that wasnt the problem.. Someone almost run into me ... reckoned he didnt see me coming.. I fixed his eyesight for him :(

16. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Wasted the entire morning trying to get my work remote connection working, which is especially annoying as it was working just fine yesterday. The ISP (Talktalk) are blaming the company's IT guy, the IT guy's blaming the ISP. The remote login does work through my phone when acting as a hotspot, but I get crap reception on it so it's extremely painful to use. Being without a car and living out in the sticks means I can't just pop into a nearby cafe either, and bluntly, who wants to do technical work surrounded by strangers?

I'm going on holiday on Saturday too, for three weeks. While I suppose I can be glad my car didn't break down on the way to Heathrow, I had a lot of work planned this week and it's being very stressful juggling that whilst also having to arrange alternatives. Didn't help that on Monday I went to pick up my travel money, and forgot to bring the damn card I paid with. At least they were able to hold it for tomorrow.

When it rains, it pours.

Righto, time to get off the forums, roll up my sleeves, and endure the pain...

17. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Did Spanky do spanky?

18. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

I have done many things in my life i am not proud of. However the Mrs caught wind of it and went mental. Apparently at 46 im expected to be a responsible adult.

Of this i do not agree.

perplekks45 and Pete J like this.
  19. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Had that all day yesterday. Got set up with a new PC last week at work, well I say new, after mucking about for 2 days I got to about 90% of where I was when I went in on Monday morning as they had sorted me out with EXACTLY the same spec workstation as I was previously using, a Lenovo P720 with the same CPU, same RAM, same Quadro P2000, same 500GB SSD, the ONLY difference being that this one now has another 3 year warranty, so 2 days of not doing what I need to to get to where I was before I started...

Anyway, working at home this week and my PC needs MS TFA to get Teams working at a new location and not directly on the company network, so fine call the number to get me to press #... except all this was set up way before we used Teams exclusively for our phone calls and the number that was set up for it was the number that was calling through Teams to verify that Teams was aloud to connect... I try to get things changed to my personal mobile (which would have been a far more sensible thing to set up in the first place....). So I had to go into the office at 7 this morning so that I could hook my PC up directly to the network so that Teams would trust me again to not need to call then go onto the ABB MS site to set up my number again then bring it all home again and setup everything so that I could start at 8:30. All stuff that could have been properly set up and avoided if on IT would talk to us and not just assume that they are smarter than us and know everything (they don't, the new guy came over to ask what power supply brick we needed for the "new" PCs... - hint: they are not laptops, and he was the one setting them up...)

Yes, exactly. This is why when buying a new car I always want something with a bit more go to it rather than something that is super economical. I am not a fast driver, been there and done all of that years ago, but I want to be able to put my foot down and get out of the way if I need to. It has saved me from getting run into more than a few times. It would be the same if I was on a bike. Have it and not need it vs need it and not have it sort of thing.

mi1ez and Pete J like this.
  20. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

If you didn't sign anything, then it's not binding.

adidan likes this.