1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project: AlumaxX (Dutch champion casemodding 2006! )

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Franklin, 28 Dec 2004.

1. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

The crysfontz lcd screen works fine, so now I will take a closer look at it and think of a way to mount it.

[​IMG]

The back

[​IMG]

As you can see the standard mounting holes are in the corners, but the screen itself is not in the middle of these holes. I like all thinhs to be symetric, so that will have to be solved.

The screen will be placed in the baydrive stealthplate. To let it fit in the overall look I will cut an aluminium plate that will cover the thing. In this way I will be able to keep it symetric.

[​IMG]

The paper model will be aluminium and I'm thinking of placing an acrylic cover over it. In this way it would fit in perfectly with the acrylic parts from the harddisk drives.

Last edited: 3 Sep 2005
  2. mediacoretex

mediacoretex What's a Dremel?

is that a vfd
    what one is that

3. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

4. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Maybe someone here can help me out. I doubt wether I should put in a soundcard or use the onboard sound. I need to know the actual size of a Creative SoundBlaster Audigy 4 Pro card. If it doesn't fit my choice is easy.

5. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

wow, very professional work.
    keep us updated...

6. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

The hardware is coming in finally. The Corsair TWINX1024-4400C25PT memory and modules and the two Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10 300 GB SATA drives arrived this morning.

[​IMG]

The Aquacomputer stuff still hasn't arrived yet :waah: I mailed Aquacomputers to ask when the order will be shipped. I ordered it the 14-02-2005.

b.t.w. the reservoir in the front will be mounted without any bolts to keep a clean look.

[​IMG]

and the overall picture ( only the parts for the DVD drives and ejectbuttons will have to be added )

[​IMG]

The front is attached to the old bezels with only four bolts.

[​IMG]

I took a picture of the three buttons for the Aquaero I made. I need those because of the acrylic and aluminium front, this new front is 3 (acrylic) +1.5 (aluminium) mm thick, so the original buttons were not long enough.

[​IMG]

I can't take a better photograph of these tiny pieces with my camera.

7. Razor_cut

Razor_cut What's a Dremel?

Quite a delay from Aqua, sorry to hear that, but it will come eventually.

Im looking forward to see some water in the system :thumb:

8. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

Cant wait to see the system sprrd when you are up and running as that memory rocks.

Very nice work :clap:

9. Rh1n0x

Rh1n0x What's a Dremel?

Yeah, AC let's you wait a long time.
    I ordered just before Christmas (hectic) and got it end Jan.
    But my long wait was awarded with the double quantity of ordered stuff. Everything! Double! :duh:

I Love Aquacomputer and i'm going to order way more to make up for my selfishness of not sending it back. :idea:

Your mod is taking it's shape man, and if you're going to get those scratches out of the acrylic, please notify me how/with what? (Commandant oid?)
    (Scratched Sunbeam Acrylic Case owner with UV that enlightens every little scratch :sigh: )

Because Modsquad helped me on some good stuff, but that's hard to get here....

10. sKuLLs

sKuLLs What's a Dremel?

If I read that right, you're saying that you have the reservoir attached to the old (3) bezels from before, correct? Yet, In those pictures I see no bezels (by the reservoir) for it to be attached to. Sorry, I'm just curious as to how you've mounted it.

Keep on moddin man, looks like you've got the magic stick..errr you've got the gift.... (and financial resources ;))

11. Kumo

Kumo What's a Dremel?

Nice front bezel. Good looking and finishing.

12. mafia11671

mafia11671 What's a Dremel?

I really like the front bezel work you got there. The front rez looks smooth, with the UV acrylic and the aluminum work. Good job of lining everything up too!! :dremel: :thumb:

13. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

Maybe it is my bad english sKuLLs that causes this missunderstanding. The front is mounted with the bezels. The reservoir will be mounted behind the new front in the baydrives, so there will be no bolts for the reservoir in the frontpanel. I will post some pictures when its ready. The fit of the reservior is so tight that it also stays in place without the final mounting :D :D

Thanks all for your comments guys.

14. Sanatarium

Sanatarium The Artist Formerly ATi_Loyalist

Wow I just read through this thread, Excellent work! :rock:
    You are a modder worthy of modding a Lian Li. I love the whole face plate idea. That looks great!

15. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

All the parts for the front are ready. The parts that cover the dvd and its ejectbuttons only have to be attached, but this will be done after the clean up and polishing from all the parts.

[​IMG]

I think I will mount the DVD covers with some small bolts ( those bolts with six corners )

I wished I good work on the mod this weekend, but sadly enough some parts I need still haven't arrived :sigh:

16. Razor_cut

Razor_cut What's a Dremel?

Very nice, will you saw a hole for the LCD or will you keep the gren plexi infront it?

:thumb:

17. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

The LCD screen will not be placed in the front of the case.

18. (X)TORNADO(X)

(X)TORNADO(X) What's a Dremel?

OOh nice... :clap: :clap: :clap:

19. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

I figured out a way to stealth all the cables from the two harddrives :rock: :rock: Because the Aquacomputer parts still haven't arrived I have all the time in the world to think about the next things I want to hide. As you all know I removed the original plate that divided the bottom in two compartments. What I will do is the following, With two plates of aluminium I will divide the space in two compartments again. Between these two plates I will leave a little distance. This space is just what I need to hide all the cables.

I also have an idea to manage the hoses a bit. The use of sparkplug seperators gave me an new idea. I can make these seperators myself from clear acrylic glass. In this way I can custom make all the seperators I need. The seperators can be adjusted to the cables instead of the other way around.

20. frodo

frodo What's a Dremel?

Great plan there... i hope it works aswell as it sounds :D

i hope it looks as good as it sounds aswell

wish i had a lian li now (might get a pc65 or something...)

keep moddin' :dremel: