1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Any electric guitar players here?

Discussion in 'General' started by SazBard, 4 Jun 2010.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Have a look here liratheal...: Axesrus

Where I get all my parts from.

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I did check there, sadly, Mankz - But thanks anyway.

I sent them an email on Friday, but I've not heard (understandably) anything as yet.

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Fellow guitar jockeys! Other than eBay, where is good for selling guitars? I really haven't gelled with my Ibanez very well, so I am seriously considering moving it on. It's a lovely instrument, but somehow I just don't get on with it.

4. Pieface

Pieface Modder

Ultimate Guitar have a for sale section iirc but it's mostly americans. Could try Gumtree?

5. Asouter

Asouter --------

Yay a guitar thread,

Sometimes it's worth talking to the local shop, It might be just me but my local shop has always been very reasonable when buying guitars, but on times that I wasn't happy I just walked away.

It's worth a try

6. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Well if you find a good was Krikkit let us know since I have an Ibanez which ideally needs a new home. ( I love it but the Floyd rose is just seriously ****ing annoying)

7. Krikkit

Fancy mine instead? No Floyd Rose, it's one of their own fancy locking jobbies - fantastic kit.

8. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

I would to say yes but there's not a hope in hell of affording a new guitar right now (besides, there's a hollow body Tele in the local shop which keeps making eyes at me, I think it's a stalker.)

9. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

@Krikkit - remind me what model it is?
    Those 'Nez floating bridges are somewhere between great and godly.

Around here the music shops are happy for you to put it up in their venues. they'll let you know when it's sold, possibly marking up the price a bit so you get what you want.

Right now, I am still hypnotised by a Les Paul Studio in Silverburst, but if I buy anything more than absolutely necessary right now, I am not getting married next year... :-/

10. Krikkit

It's an S520EX, like this:
    [​IMG]

Good idea about local shops, I might just chance it on eBay - a couple of the same have gone up in the UK in the last couple of days, but the ads were awful.

Last edited: 3 Jul 2013
  11. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Those were quite nice, actually.
    Those ZR bridges take some time to get used to in my experience (I prefer the bridge used on my RG2570 - but another mate swears by his ZR).

Maybe try ebay...might not be the worst idea.

Another question, though: What was it you didn't like about the 'nez?

I was never a massive fan of S-Types because they didn't quite "feel" right.
    But then, I never liked the RGs because they seemed "sterile" - that's until you play one on stage and realise that they're built for abuse.
    I have LITERALLY lifted mine by the (clip in, not one of those screw jobbies) trem, slammed the neck into things and thrown it around mid-gig and never had a single problem.

12. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

I think it might annoy some but I have a Washburn Falcon 1979 model v3 hanging on my wall in excellent condition. What will annoy you is I can't play the damn thing as I haven't retained any knowledge of the 8 lessons I had!

I'll add a picture later!

Tis like this but with the wood colour inverted... [​IMG]

13. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Nice... Nothing wrong with using guitars for Decor... there are some guitars I want ONLY for that reason.
    A Gretsch White Falcon, for example...

14. AverageNinja

AverageNinja Almost an EpicNinja

Yes quite!
    I have an Epiphone G-400 in Worn Cherry with a line 6 spider IV 15 watt

15. Krikkit

I'm not sure to be honest, I can't put it into words. It's a fantastic instrument, easily the best guitar I've played, even compared to some really expensive ones. The neck is just right, the bridge and tuning gear is fantastic (the bridge especially, I will miss that unless I get another Ib) Somehow I just don't enjoy it enough to justify keeping it, it just sits on the wall most of the time.

16. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

hmmm...
    Anything you really liked playing? Or have you already figured out what you're buying next?

17. IamJudd

IamJudd Multimodder

18. Krikkit

I could do with the cash for now, but the list consists of an acoustic with electric neck (Fender Squire/Stratacoustic or Ibanez Talman, probably the latter) to encourage me to play a lot more often, then I might try a different Ibanez electric again - they certainly make enough of 'em!

19. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

20. Krikkit

I seem to remember you and Mankz both posting about them, it's just what I need really. A small acoustic with a nice neck (I can't stand the huge acoustic necks) that can lie about the house and doesn't need electronic gizmos to get some sound from.