1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors ARGH - This is retarded, 20mpg hybrid!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by Mother-Goose, 28 Sep 2007.

1. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

A passat with 65mpg+? ****ing hell! My bike only does 50 and thats a 250 weight 135 Kg!

2. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Your bike only does 50??? HOw big is the tank?

3. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Thats what i love about my protege.
    abo. 26-28City and 32-33Highway
    :p

4. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

Has anyone seen that they're making a hybrid Cayenne? What a way to get around the London congestion charge :D

Something even more obscene like a Lambo hybrid and it would be perfect!

5. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

apparently you also dont need to pay the congestion charge if youre in a tank or an apc or other tracked (rubber ofc) vehicle cos they didnt think of that ;)

6. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Bitchin, I'll get a scorpion then ;)

7. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I believe Peugeot is masterminding a diesel supercar based on technology used in their successful V12 twin-turbo diesel Le Mans LMP1 machine. Koenigsegg has also produced 1000ps+ bio-fuel-powered versions of their CCX.

Last edited: 1 Oct 2007
  8. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

94 Hyundai Excel right here. Gets awesome gas mileage. I don't think it's entirely fair to say "oh boy Americans love their big SUVs" it's true, there are a lot of SUVs in this country and a lot of people who drive big ass SUVs that get crap mileage for no real reason. However, the Toyota Camry and Honda Civic are the two best selling cars in the country, and on average, high MPG import cars are outselling domestic gas guzzlers by a very considerable margin. It is fair to say, though, that a lot of people who do by pick up trucks and other utility vehicles in this country do need them for their utility.

9. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

I think the 'utility' of functionality of SUVs was lost in translation several years ago. We can still GM for that as well.

Anyway, you're right about imports outselling domestic brands by leagues, but North America still has an astronomical rate of large vehicle-per-driver ratio when you compare it to international markets. It's not like America has terrain and industry that is unimaginably more rugged than the rest of the world; it's purely poor consumer choice.

10. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

20MPG is nice for a huge vehicle...... but..... i don't think that the normal consumer needs this kind of vehicle.... the 3L VW Lupo is a small city car that does about 78MPG, and there are other city cars that are not that small but do some nice MPG.

edit: VW is making a concept that does 235MPG....

11. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

You can get a 3L Lupo? Awesome, thats like a firework attached to a shoe:clap:

Sam

12. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

it does kind of look like a shoe..... and lupos around here are really rare.... they are kind of expensive.

13. cpemma

cpemma Ecky thump

I make that 264MPG(US), 317MPG(UK).

Way to go, VW. :thumb:

14. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

Nissan have come up with this idea of using a diesel engine to charge the batteries (as a generator) and the car runs solely on electic motors. Get's huge mpg as well, but I can't remember an exact figure.

15. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie

You've got a GTO? I hate you :waah:

16. naokaji

naokaji whatever

bring on the hybrid Tanks then:D

17. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

This is so retarded. Freaking thing is a SUV. 20mpg is good considering its city driving. Show me another truck of those specs and I will bow to it. I have friends that drive small economy cars and they dont see 20mpg often in the city. Also for the other side of the pond 20mpg US equals to 24mpg UK in the city. Considering the weight and the towing capacity that thing is dam good.

This type of crap makes me sad to see. You guys need to rethink. Then again most of you guys are kiddies with no real understanding.

18. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Maybe you missed the rationale behind our arguments? Your defense of American motor companies is obviously supererogatory.

19. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

Make it diesel. :D

My car is an oilburner and it drives great and gets the mileage of my bike. Only time I drive my truck is when I need to move or tow stuff, these people getting these dont need to drive them all the time. My dad only has 90k miles on his truck because the only time its used is to tow, he can drive his car the rest of the time.

20. Rebourne

Rebourne What's a Dremel?

What the hell is wrong with you generalizing large groups of people like that?

Tags: