1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress BaDassumption - Photo Shoot...

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by dutchcedar, 8 May 2006.

1. craiggy36

craiggy36 What's a Dremel?

If you are at all available to do so, we would love it if you could bring this awesome case mod to our case mod event at the Exploratorium in San Francisco. Our "Call for Participants" is below. Please give me a call or send and email if you're interested.

Cheers,
    Craig Anderson
    415-674-2832
    canderson@exploratorium.edu

Here's the press release of the event: http://press.exploratorium.edu/rods-and-mods-february-2010/

Here's the Call for Participants:
    Rods & Mods
    The Exploratorium wants to display YOUR case mods, restored computers, and cool hardware hacks on February 11, 12, and 13, 2010.

Hello Modders,

Has your passion for Jules Verne, Star Wars, or mid-century modernism manifested itself as an eye-catching disguise for your machine? Did your need for speed lead you to overclock your multi-fanned, heat-sinked, water-cooled processor? Ever sewn a computer into clothing, or built one into a tree? Is your restored Apple Lisa or Amiga your greatest treasure?

If you hack, restore, or reinvent computers, enjoy talking about your passion, and live in the Bay Area, the Exploratorium wants to hear from you. Like Ed “Big Daddy” Roth and those of the 1960s counterculture car movement, you refuse to settle for “factory-made.” By adapting technology to your personal vision, you and other modders have ultimately changed the ways computers look and perform today. To share your stories and to show off your stuff, we are hosting a 3-day festival on February 11, 12, and 13, 2010.

If you are interested in participating, please send your contact info, an image and brief description of your computer, along with details of any special requirements you would have, to Craig Anderson at canderson (at) exploratorium (dot) edu.

Housed within the walls of San Francisco's Palace of Fine Arts, the Exploratorium is a collage of hundreds of science, art, and human perception exhibits and programs. For more info, visit exploratorium dot edu.

Thanks!
    Craig

2. jegerjon

jegerjon What's a Dremel?

daaaaaaaaaamn i thought this was brought to life again :(

Craiggy @ as far as I remember, he didn't finish the case before he stopped updating. Let's hope it's finished now though :)

3. widmod

widmod Minimodder

yes i hope too it finished now and we could see some eye candy pics :jawdrop: