1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other COME ON ENGLAND!

Discussion in 'General' started by SatansBudgie, 12 Jun 2010.

1. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

2. pimonserry

pimonserry sounds like a party.

This means I no longer have a legitimate excuse to be drinking all the time. It's not the same when your home team are no longer in the competition.

3. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

It may not be a side of all this that any of you think about much, but I am personally left half laughing and half feeling sorry for the hundreds of companies and franchises who have put probably millions of pounds into sponsoring and supporting England and their world cup 2010 campaign. Just look at the ad breaks on TV for the past month - almost every one of them has involved the world cup somehow. There's bound to be some extremely unhappy sponsors out there at the moment.

4. mrdbristol

mrdbristol Voided my warranty years ago

Dire.

MOM - David James ( That pains me to say it, but well played Mr.James )

Have England forgotten that there is an area outside the middle third, called wings ?

Its a strange area of grass, same width as the middle bit you stayed in, but available on the left and the right of the pitch.

Slow, disjointed, lacking ideas, lazy.........................

Well played Germany.

England, well done you managed to;

Score 1 goal against Slovenia ( the smallest team in the World Cup )

Hold the mighty Algerians to a nil-nil

And a 1 all against our Americans cousins.

But , F&*k it, £50k a week in the premiership will will sooth the memories.

Nice work lads :duh:

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Hah! Shrek doesn't get out of bed for less than £100K. He'd laugh at your £50K.

They're overpaid, underskilled, sorry excuses for athletes in general (Torres dive gif is a perfect case in point) and their whole country is or should be ashamed of them right now, because when put up against the rest of the world, they failed harder than star wars kid:

[​IMG]

If star wars kid or any of his friends or relatives are members of the bit-tech community I sincerely apologize for using you, your friend or your relative as a reference point of "fail", we all do stupid, embarassing things sometimes and those of us who are unlucky enough to have those stupid and/or embarassing moments end up on the internets are doubly unlucky and as we all know, that **** stays there forever. Sorry again. >.>

Last edited: 27 Jun 2010
  6. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

as I said England are totally crap and most of there league sides are full of quality foreigners that make the english players look good> It's only the £ that attracts the top foreign players please don't anyone be disillusioned into thinking its the quality of the english players.

Who controls the English FA, numpties its the english league managers

7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Last game I watched was George Best's testimonial. I now feel vindicated.

8. NuTech

NuTech Minimodder

I posted this in the demote thread too because I thought it would be more fitting there. :rolleyes:

I don't blame the ref tbh; when you look at the size of the pitch, all the players involved and the speed which the ball moves around at - expecting the human eye to catch everything is ridiculous and puts an unnecessary amount of pressure on the referee.

Could you imagine Wimbledon being played without any line technology...?

[​IMG]

9. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

I stopped watching after the 4th Germany goal went in. Absolutely terrible and it was the best we played in the whole tournament!

Rooney was hopeless throughout the whole tournament and the rest of the players were fairly hopeless (apart from David James).

As others have said, our players are rubbish - the Premier league has far too much foreign talent for an England side to be any good. I don't blame Capello at all, I think we need to have a much deeper look at the way football works in the UK.

Oh and FFS, why is football (FIFA) such a luddite when it comes to technology? Retards.

Bring on Top Gear, that should make me feel happier. :)

10. 13eightyfour

13eightyfour Formerly Titanium Angel

Usually i try and find positives in the game, but tbh im struggling to find any, The England team is a complete shambles.

The only thing i can take as a positive is that alot of the players will be too old come the next world cup, and hopefully we'll have a team of youngsters with little fear and lots to prove.

Know we've just got to get through the next week of media, ignoring the fact we were ****, and blaming it on 'the goal that should have been'.

11. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Maybe not the referee's fault, but definitely the linesman's fault. Being able to tell if the ball has crossed the line from his vantage point on the side of the pitch is one of his key roles FFS, and if he can't do it, then he should be replaced by a computer that can. Even the managers in the dugout could tell it crossed the line FFS.

However, I agree the majority of the blame should be placed on Sepp Blatter's head. What a douchebag.

12. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

13. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

14. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

I thought the FA signed the contract for capello to manage England? hmm

But yeah, regarding the tech to be used on goal mouths then yeah a complaint should be sent to Fifa. When the commentators were debating it they said everyone in footaball has been demanding goal line tech to be used but one person in particular is saying no, does anyone know who they were talking about?

EDIT:
    Complaint done.

15. themcman1

themcman1 is now 110% win

This man.

16. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

You know what bugs me every single time the England squad fail at international tournies, it's the fact that the media, the public, and the FA blame the manager. Obviously he does have a large part to play on England's success or failure. But it's about time we started apportioning the blame fairly. At the end of the day, the players played crap. They should be hanging their heads in shame when they get home.

They should be held accountable for this. The FA also must accept some responsibility too. We have too many premier league players who are foreign nationals, this is unacceptable. We need to be nurturing and developing our talent here in the UK.

Here's the figures for the 2009 season:

% Players born in the UK*
    71% - Wolverhampton
    69% - Burnley
    67% - Birmingham City
    67% - Stoke City
    60% - Aston Villa
    57% - West Ham
    56% - Hull City
    55% - Everton
    54% - Sunderland
    52% - Bolton
    52% - Tottenham
    39% - Wigan
    39% - Manchester United
    38% - Portsmouth
    33% - Fulham
    30% - Manchester City
    28% - Blackburn
    26% - Chelsea
    17% - Liverpool
    15% - Arsenal

(* source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8182090.stm)

Our premier teams need to be trying more to bring English rising stars through the ranks, instead of going for the quick fix of importing talent. English football, both on a domestic and international level is suffering because of this. We simply do not have a big enough pool of experienced and capable players to put together a world class team. It isn't that there is a lack of talent with England's football players, it's the fact that this raw talent is not being given the chance to blossom. I have seen 2nd division players who give 110% more effort than the effort of the England squad on saturday, and who show some great passion and also skills, at every game they play.

17. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

Ah, I hope you didn't think I was putting the blame squarely at the feet of the manager? Although I didn't elaborate my complaint included:

Signing Capello - our managers should be English only.
    Club players get paid way too much - international games should be where the money is.
    Too many foreign players in club leagues that means our England squad hardly ever get chance to gel as a team.
    Also mentioned the tech needed like in other games.
    And then generally mixed in lots of disappointment and grieving at how England had been let done at the highest levels of management, ie. the fat cats doing bugger all to improve our international game for the last 44 years.

18. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

19. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

We knew in our hearts that England wasn't going to win, but does this mean that we shouldn't support our national team? It was never a belief that we would win, it was hoping that we would do better than previous world cups. At least that's what it was for me. If people only supported the winners, it would kind of make sports pretty dull imho. We already have this with the glory hunters, called scumchester united "supporters".

EDIT: Chris Waddle has blasted the FA for England's failures, and friggin good on him:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/world_cup_2010/8767443.stm

20. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

ROFL....complaints.

As if they thought the country was happy with the team's performance yesterday and need informing that there is a several million strong mob ready to march on the FA HQ with pitchforks and torches.