Other COME ON ENGLAND!

Discussion in 'General' started by SatansBudgie, 12 Jun 2010.

1. MacWalka

MacWalka What's a Dremel?

Spot on mate.

I don't think Scotland will win against the Faroes, never mind win the WC. Does that mean I won't support them any less? Does it hell.

I think England are going through the same problem Scotland have went through and we're just strating to come out the other side. We had a league full of foreign players-Gazza, Laudrup, Di Canio, Hooijdonk etc etc. It meant we weren't playing a lot of Scottish players in the teams and our national team suffered as a result. We haven't been to a tournament for 12 years and will be at least 14 now. It is only recently we have started to see interest in Scottish players from other leagues. We have a lot of Scots in the Premiership now and guys like Stephen Fletcher have attracted interest from Spain for example.

Obviously we never had a great team but we used to always qualify and have seen a severe drop in our national team when we had a lot of non-scots in the SPL. I think England is going that way. Look at the England Under-21 team. It was mauled by the Germany Under-21 team in the Euro Under-21 final 4-0. Quite a few of the German Under-21 team that played in that game last year were playing last night-Neuer, Oezil and Mueller for example. Only Milner for England played for the Under-21s that day. That to me shows that the quality just isn't there to make the step-up from Under-21 to full team.

As to the disallowed goal, I could joke about it. But it was a terrible decision. England were well beat though and to focus on that one decision will not do England any real good.

2. The Toy

The Toy The Ticking Time-Bomb

What a great game! OK so it was a demolition job, but the first half was intense and exciting football. I never thought that England would be involved in any exciting games in this World Cup, but I was happily proved wrong.

Can't wait for Argentina vs Germany.

3. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

Exactly! I know loads of friends who follow Doncaster Rovers, and have stuck with their side through the bad years they had, when the club was facing being wound up and couldn't win a raffle never mind a match. Supporting any team is about sticking with them through thick and thin, wins and losses. Anyone who does less doesn't deserve to be called a supporter. I'm mad as hell with England at the moment, for their performance in this world cup, but I will still be cheering them on in the next one, and will still pay good money to go and see them play whenever I can.

I agree fully here. Young players from both our nations are being stepped over by teams, instead of being given the breaks that may just see them mature into world class players.

FIFA need to sort the shambles out regarding bad ref's decisions, and get it done sooner rather than later. It's pathetic that they have not done anything sooner. I hope the England squad don't forget that they lost regardless of the disallowed goal and don't try to make excuses for losing the match because of it. The squad played crap, there's no other way to put it.

Depends which perspective you have. From a jocks view, I bet it was great. From my view, it was an embarrassment:D Got to agree on the Arg vs Ger match though, one to look forward to definitely.

4. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Good news everybody - if you look very closely at the bottom of your car flags, you'll see this:

[​IMG]

That is all. ;)

5. The Toy

Well I just like watching good football, that's my perspective.

6. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

An overheard joke at work this morning:

Why did the chicken cross the road?

Sepp Blatter said it didn't!

:lol:

7. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

Looks like the Yanks and Britts both got sent home early. Too bad the world Cup isn't every two years instead of 4 as it's more exciting than the HGH / Steroidpics (Olympics).

GO BRAZIL!!

8. MacWalka

Just to pick you up on a wee mistake there. The Brits weren't playing. There is no such thing as the British Football team. Each of the nations in the UK compete as seperate teams in football.

9. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I'm sure I mentioned that some yanks lack the ability to realise that the UK is made of four seperate countries in another post. Point proven methinks:sigh::D

10. MacWalka

Aye unfortunately :nono:

Just goes back to the old empire days when the words Britain and England were used interchangably.

Quick lesson for non-UKs.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland is the full name of the country. It is made up of Great Britain, Northern Ireland and other territories such as the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Gibralter and the Falkland Islands.

Great Britain is the term that was coined during the union of the crowns. It refers to England, Scotland and Wales. Although when GB was created Wales was just a conquered part of England.

To summarise:

UK = Eng, Scot, Wales, N.I, other territories
    GB = Eng, Scot, Wales

11. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

I dont know why its called the united kingdom there's nothing united about it.

The part of wales I live they hate the English and blame them for just about everything that
    ever went wrong in their live's, They call the English the old enermy :lol:

12. AshT

AshT Custom User Title

I can't stand their (welsh, irish, scottish) constant moaning about the English ... it's bad enough that we spend all our time moaning about ourselves without having to listen to their whine.

13. Teelzebub

Every year on st georges day I fly the st georges flag now just to annoy them.

One time one of them came on my property to take it down so I sent him home with a smack in the mouth.

They leave me alone now.

I'm not saying all welsh people are like that but once you get in the valleys you meet a lot that are.

Make's me think of the film Deliverance :sigh:

14. Cozmo87

Cozmo87 "huh hurmm!!!"

i but down 3 -1 and i couldent off bin more wrong !

15. The Toy

You sound a little unstable.

16. Teelzebub

Fixed

17. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Not quite. Here:

;)

18. Teelzebub

And you sound like someone that passes judgement without any facts what so ever.

If someone comes on my property with the intention to damage it in anyway I react accordingly regardless of where they come from.

I tried to get on with my neighbour and put up with his rudeness for nearly 10 years, And came home one day to hear him call my wife an English slag among other things.

This is the same A*hole that throws rubbish over into my garden and keyed up my car one night, A 73 year old church warden, Some christian he is.

The fact that he's still alive prove's that I'm not unstable.

If anything he's the unstable one and he's not the only one.

A lot of English people here get the same crap but tend to put up with it, I wont.

Last edited: 30 Jun 2010
  19. The Toy

Ever heard of the Police?

Cue Sting Joke...

20. Teelzebub

Yeah I've heard of them in fact I think you would find that our local PC is related to him as is most of the the people in the village related to each other.