1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Cool Master Centurion 267, The Project Chronicles. (update 10/8, sliders)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tranc3, 5 Oct 2009.

1. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

So this project started life as a Cool Master Centurion 534...
    [​IMG]

My original idea was to cut It in half, and make it in to a inverted micro atx case.
    [​IMG]
    I've been thinking and planing this build for a good while and have finally started on it. Because of the placement of the power supply i had to design a custom mount for it to sit on, but also could support the case, and not be in the way of the other components.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

So I set up shop since winter is coming and it will be much to cold to efficiently work out side. and this way i also get to keep every thing nice and organized, kinda.
    [​IMG]

Today I got a few cuts and some test fitting done.
    [​IMG]
    The first cut, this simple cut is what will be the start of my biggest mod yet.

[​IMG]
    The shot above is a test fit of How the top will sit. i had the front cut 1 1/2 taller so the back was lifted up so it would line up.

[​IMG]
    And this is a pretty good representation of what the front should look like, vents will probably be painted flat black to match the rest of the exterior.

My last project was nominated for mod of the month. I've Attempted a few mods that never got finished for one reason or another and this is going to be my biggest project yet THAT WILL GET FINISHED! I'm planning to use a high gloss red interior with a flat black exterior, with some silver accents. money is a little tight as it is for every one, so I'm looking for a sponsor(s). I hope every one will enjoy following this as much as I'm going to enjoy building it.

Last edited: 5 Oct 2009
  2. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

This is going to be good.
    I wait.

3. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Going to be good indeed. I follow eagerly.

4. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

You're not.. short.. of ideas for this mod-OH GOD!

5. Pashtet

Pashtet MonstaMods

may I steal your idea? :D:D:D

great plan! I'm watching you

6. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit! What case would you be doing it to, if you know yet?

7. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Update 1.

been working on getting the top lined up right, here it is getting a little closer.
    [​IMG]

Got the cd drive cut, and started test fitting the arrangement of parts.
    [​IMG]
    seems like i could get away with a 3 drive Hard drive cage, and scratch the 3.5 bay. but I'm planning to, cut the 3 drive bay to a 2 drive bay so i have room for the front 3.5 bay for a fan controller. I have a good bit of school work to do, It's only html but i let it build up and i got a bit behind so I may be done modding for the night.

8. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Update 1.5

Been fiddling around with the case threw out the day, I may be rearranging the layout a bit so that i can have better airflow, and have the 3 hard drive cage..
    [​IMG]
    the power supply will have a 120mm fan on the bottom and draw heat out from behind it in the case and out from the hard drive rack as well.

Also got the basic cuts for the motherboard out of the way, looks really nice, certainly shows just how small this case is going to be.
    [​IMG]
    The CD drive rack is sitting a little weird cause it's wedges in there, if you look in the sketch up models of the case you'll see there's 2 braces that go across the top, the one above the CD drive rack actually mounts it to the top panel. Still lots to do! I think I'll finish the front and line up the top panel a little better on my next update, may be a few surprises in there as well.

9. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

This is just a teaser of what I've been thinking about here lately.
    [​IMG]
    Enjoy! I'm also seeing if can find some cheap gas struts.

Last edited: 6 Oct 2009
  10. Pashtet

Pashtet MonstaMods

Don't know yet, but if had a chance, I'll go ahead with such good plan!:rock:

11. AnG3L

AnG3L Ultimate Modder

Thats a very nice idea brother! I look forward to see this finished! Good luck bro with the mod!!!!

12. Goose360

Goose360 What's a Dremel?

That looks so cool! can't wait to see more :thumb:

13. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Thanks for the comments guys! I'm sure I'll have something to show from today.

14. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Update 2

This is going to be a short one, but a great one. I was cutting the 3.5 bay down to size today when i remembered i had these sitting around.
    [​IMG]
    They're from my keyboard tray that I'm no longer using. very smooth and high quality.

So this got me thinking. I always liked sliding mother board trays, but how can i use this in my mod with out becoming tacky and losing strength. That is when i started working on this.
    [​IMG]
    By removing 3 inches off the slider I get a perfect fit for my case, I will be using both sliders on on top and one on bottom. There will also be some sort of a support on the left rear corner (from looking at the back) to keep it from flexing when sliding out.

Last edited: 6 Oct 2009
  15. 500mph

500mph The Right man in the Wrong place

You might have to modify the back of the top panel if you are going to do that.
    Looks killer though.

16. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

I like the sliding rear idea. What harm can come from trying? that's what we live for :D

17. WolfandAngel

WolfandAngel Got fins?

yes to that

18. MarkW7

MarkW7 Total Noob

Interesting, watching :)

19. Pashtet

Pashtet MonstaMods

looks promising
    it's going to be air cooled, am I right?

20. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

Yea it'll be air cooled for now im not ready to make the jump to water, would hold a 2x120mm, possibly a 3 across the top. if i moved to a slim line drive. any way with air cooled i can use the cool master v8, and there new red/black 120mm led fans. should look pretty snazzy.