1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Crysis...

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by BenKxK, 25 Aug 2008.

1. BenKxK

BenKxK 4870!

Yeah i know its getting old now...

But i only just got a pc to handle it...so i bought it...

I thought i would try medium difficulty...i could hardly kill anyone... i had to waste a whole clip to kill one man!
    On CoD4 i am red tiger on 2 weapons now, and have only had it about 2 weeks, and i can complete the single player on hard.

But Crysis...dear me, i tried easy, i died loads of times, i dont know what to blame it on, me or the shoddy weapons?

Anyone else had this?

Dont get me wrong Crysis is one of the best games i have played when i got used to the weapons, which was right at the end of the game, when you flew back to the island, thinking you would get some more owning of newbs, the roll credits!

Why so hard?!!!

2. UrbanMarine

UrbanMarine Government Prostitute

Crysis was good up to the alien part. I beat it fairly quick on medium. I used sneak attacks and guerrilla tactics to fight the enemies. I sniped most of the time in open areas and flanked alot. I rarely went head on with enemies unless I had no choice.

3. BenKxK

BenKxK 4870!

Ah thats maybe where i went wrong, im a sucker for head on fighting. But when i did snipe i spose i did do alot better

4. LeMaltor

LeMaltor >^_^

What advantage would a tiger have being red in regards to its ability to use firearms?

5. UrbanMarine

The intro cracks me up because if you try and run in to kill the enemy like the intro shows, you get cut down really quick. It's like the AI has auto-aim x10.

6. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Really? I've never had problems running in with gun blazing :S

Maybe I'm just speshul..

7. UrbanMarine

Easy, Standard, Medium or Hard?

8. specofdust

specofdust Banned

To be honest, if you're finding Crysis hard, you do indeed just suck.

Crysis on easy is a cakewalk. You could complete it without weapons without much difficulty. Even on Delta (Which I happen to be playing right now) the game is fairly easy at least for the first half or so. Take headshots, use cloak, don't get noticed, and it's all fairly simple and easy.

9. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Medium

10. BenKxK

BenKxK 4870!

Haha, i don't suck at other games, just i couldnt get used to the weapons.

11. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

Just use your steroids and throw everyone at each other... It's hilarious.

12. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

Thought you kicked the gaming habit?

13. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

the trick is to use the cloak (a lot) and take headshots only because most of the soldiers wear heavy body armour and thus require at least 6 shots to kill but this depends entirely on your distance from them. also, the stealthy approach is always the best, you can stay cloaked much much longer if you crawl and use the sprint button, that way you move rather quickly but you remain unseen and your energy level doesn't drop quickly. this allows you to get quite close to your targets. oh yeah, don't be afraid to use objects in the environment to kill your enemy (just make sure you have maxi strength on). hope it helps a bit.:thumb:

14. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Did. Just got back from a summer at uni and decided that the help of games most definitely had to be enlisted to aid my killing of a month of nothing. Not really worried about them eating up all my spare time anymore because at uni, tbh, I'd far rather be doing quite a few other equally unproductive things :D

15. freedom810

freedom810 Minimodder

Same. You can complete the game by almost killing 0 enemies, If you get stuck just run past.

16. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

The hardest part for me was getting rid of the first batch of 'knock-off' clones.

17. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

the hardest part is in the alien cave, zero gravity. kept feeling dissy and sometimes i even want to throw-up.
    hope Warhead don't include that kind of stuff.

the trick in tackling those solders (without cloak) is to use cover (like in most other games) and headshots. if you can't manage headshots, run in and use the shotgun. speedmode to go from cover to cover. and use strength mode for jumping on buildings (for temp cover and height advantage) or throwing objects at them.

18. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I found crysis punishingly hard, but I was playing it on delta, purely for gameplay reasons. Delta's the only difficulty mode that doesn't have all the flashy targetting gimmicks and koreamerican dialogue that detracts from the experience so profoundly. I really wish those features had been optional via the menus, rather than integrated into the difficulty.

The main thing to realise with crysis is that, unless you're a twitchy, skilled CSS-esque FPSer, you can't play it like unreal tournament. The game isn't forgiving: you die as easily as the NPCs. The only ingame advantage you have is your suit, so stealth is the best approach.

Towards the end, mind, I found myself beginning to use a weird mixture of tactics that couldn't be called stealth or gung-ho but a bit of both. I'd run in like a tit, kill maybe two guys, lose all my armour, resort to stealth and pick the rest off. And a mixture is what works best, which I suspect is the conclusion Crytek were trying to lead players into all along. What they call 'emergent' gameplay, I believe.

19. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

also,

..really? Cheap tactic against those: throw a few unsilenced rounds their way, equip the shotgun, crouch behind some boards and wait. They just come straight to you, and then...fun ensues :)

20. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

I just love the game for the chance to torment the enemy soldiers - lure them into ambushes or make them walk by exploding barrels. OR! The best one - get them into a building and punch out the supports!

Hilarity ensues.

Tags: