1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Elite - Dangerous by David Braben

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jedra, 6 Nov 2012.

1. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Hell no. If you buy a FLY5 you should be shot. As has been said many times already, the T.1600M is the one to buy.

2. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

Yeah looking at reviews it looks nice but falls apart pretty fast apparently.

Thrustmaster T.16000M it is! :) cheers

3. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Had a great evenings flight time yesterday!

First was a simple cargo transport from one station to another one 2 systems away. Piss of piss. 325 credits, nothing to gloat about.

Then... a slightly dodgy cargo mission to pick up some Battle Weapons which were floating around the station I was in at Dahan. 8,500 Credits for this, but if I get scanned by security forces, I'm history. Line up one cargo cannister.... too fast, it smashes off my hull. Line up the second, slow speed, bingo! Locked in and time to dock... Line up the station, thankfully no security vessels in range... Boost the engine and blitz into the station and avoid any scans! Result! Easy money.

Pick up a third mission. Combat in the area against Federal Combat Vessels. I take myself into super cruise mode and find a conflict zone and start zeroing out targets. Heavily target-rich environment. No time to target components as the sky is buzzing with them, so just line myself up behind an Anaconda and start nailing its shields to help my wingmen to dish out some damage. All of a sudden an Eagle fighter jumps into the fray: a dedicated fighter. Slam my ship into reverse thrust line up a strafing run and hammer at its shields. A few more volleys by being a bit smart with my maneouvres and POW! Goodnight sweet prince and it's on to the next one. 4 more ships go down before I'm through with them and the mission is complete. Blast back into super cruise mode and head on back to DAHAN Station to collect my money, another 1,350 credits!

Is it that easy? Nope! Along the way, I get interdicted and pulled out of super cruise. Sometimes these are just security vessels scanning you for illegal goods, this time it was some psycho in an Eagle! I've already taken a battering from the previous battle and not too fit to fight, but I can't outrun him either. Balls to the wall, here we go! Flipping my ship upside-down and slamming engines into reverse thrust, I get the drop on him and take his shields down in a single good volley and make a few dents in his hulll... he's down to 80%. He spins around and opens up with gatling guns and my shield take an absolute pounding and then they're gone. No shields, lasers recharging and he has the edge in terms of position on me.

I slide my ship to the left and push the throttle hard and essentially circle-strafe him and hammer him with my lasers and get him down to 20% just before his shields come on line again and my lasers are empty once more. I've got one more chance to make this work. My shields come back on line and no sooner have they done that, he strafes me again and drops my shields completely and my hull down to 23%. Another run like that and I'm toast! Kill the engines, all power to weapons!!!! I stay still and pivot my ship as he banks away and I light the dark of deep space up with glorious ionised beams of energy, raking his shields down to nothing and getting through to his hull. 10... 8.... 5... 1% BOOM! He's toast and a healthy 200 credit bonus to me.

Not waiting for anyone else to show up, I put all power into systems and engine, lock the weapons away and head for home. Line up the station, slip in underneath a cargo ship almost scraping his hull with my ship and nestle into my designated landing bay and complete the mission. Over 11K in the bank, but damages done bring me back down to 9.8K but ****ing hell, what a ride!

This. is. awesome.

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

^^^

For those of you who found the above tl;dr, here's a summary:

:D

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Pretty much! :D

6. Tichinde

Tichinde Minimodder

Interdictions are kind of a waste of time.
    As soon as you drop into normal space, assist off, boost, press j, jump back into super cruise (turn assist back on just before the jump bar fills, stops that confusing moment when you actually want to come out of SC and can't steer :) ).

I don't even wait for radar signals, as soon as I've been interdicted, I'm on my out of it.

7. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Yeah, it's actually really easy to get out of interdiction when you remember to turn flight assist off. They need some kind of supercruise blocker (not just slow it down) to be effective.

8. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

If any of you guy want me to post your Love letters to the game devs just let me know.
    They are round the corner :)

9. Nexxo

Tell Braben he is a GOD.

10. [ZiiP] NaloaC

^^ Wot he said! :D

Bought a second copy of the game for a mate of mine, foolishly not realising that it would be linked to my account, whoops! Support are sorting it out though quickly enough. The ZiiP wing grows!

11. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I've already expressed my man love for Mr Braben via Twitter but if you're passing please do pop in and do so in person on my behalf :thumb:

12. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Just finished playing Elite with the DK2.

I forgot I chose to play as a woman..... I have tits!

13. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Last edited: 2 Sep 2014
  14. DLDeadbolt

DLDeadbolt Space Cadet

As much as I would absolutely love to have a setup like that, A) its too expensive for me, B) I have no room for it

Keep meaning to buy this as it looks damn good and I'm already backing SC

15. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

DAMN YOU!!!
    (Last month's CC bill has only just arrived! :wallbash: )

16. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Yeah, I would absolutely LOVE one, but I mean £540 is ridiculous. My desk was £45 and my chair £60 (both second hand) by comparison.

17. Nexxo

Totally justified.

18. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

I'm going to be forced to sit like a fighter pilot position, at the moment I'm just sitting on a chair like this, the vr is enough for me to forget every thing, but when the seating position and centre stick is in place its going to be cool.

[​IMG]
    NO OVEN COMMENTS, I will clean it on the weekend.

19. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

20. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I have started playing this, but I just cannot play it with a joystick so I am playing with a keyboard and mouse.

The joystick just moves the aim from one side of the screen to the other with a minor touch on it, and no matter what I do it just will not slow down.

I even went out and bought a Thrustmaster Hotas and that did the same, so I passed it on to my dad and it works perfectly fine on his pc but on mine it just won't work properly.

Tried multiple different USB ports, multiple different settings in windows and in the game and it just doesn't work properly for me, but in other games both work perfectly fine.

Either way it's a good game and I am looking forward to the actual release of it.