1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi Elite - Dangerous by David Braben

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jedra, 6 Nov 2012.

1. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

In the radar display if the blip is triangular it is AI/NPC, if it is square it is another player.

Did you know you can just jettison cargo into space without docking or was this just greed?

Nice tip! I will have to try that.

2. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Easy. Disable flight assist, and any momentum is kept. This means you can line up on a target 20km away, slam throttle forwards to gain speed and then kill your engines and take them offline. You keep moving and don't lose any speed.

The 'standard' flight mode is the one we're used to, namely you have to keep thrust engaged at all times to keep moving, as if there was air resistance or similar that would slow you down. Both Elite and Star Citizen have flight modes where this model can be turned off and a more newtonian model is applied (although SC's modelling is way way more accurate). It's a very useful thing in the middle of dogfights.

3. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

playing the third mission, vs the crimson pilot, I keep over heating.

I don't know wtf is going on, I last about 35 seconds then some thing is critical temp, I am bouncing the max power to sys, then eng to catch him up some times, then lazers when he is in my sights and the lazers over heat way to fast. and then they don't seem to come back on line fast enough.

I figured out when I pull the hotas back beyond half way I go into reserves which the way I set it up the other week and is fine, and then forward is forward.

I got enough hits on the crimson ship but it just does not seem to stop him, seems like 15 direct hits is not enough :D

any tips for not over heating?

4. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

Cannae say much about the overheating side of things and I was flying around with KB&M when I did it, took me 3 attempts, but found that when I lined him up for a gun run, dropping my speed and veering to the side (essentially side-strafing) and keeping the distance very close made it easier to stay on target and nail him. Getting the shields down and then making a couple of good hull shots. Took about 3 manoeuvres like that to win it for me.

5. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Huzzah! Rhino is out for delivery! :D

Sorry, I am rather excited to get this piece of kit :p (you may have noticed)

6. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Just ordered a obutto revolution with table tops and warthog mount, also just ordered from scan for this weekend delivery the Razer Tiamat 7.1 Elite Surround and Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus Solo.

going to have the super duper man cave, testing out 7.1 in warthunder this weekend then setting up the virtual reality man cave pod, going to be lush!

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

Holy crap man! That's going to be some setup! :D

You better post some photos up once you have it all in place!

8. [ZiiP] NaloaC

9. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

just finished installing the drivers, thought Id post up before going and finding out if this is any good or not.

Elite is meant to support 7.1, and also primarily want to try in war thunder.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

be right back with thoughts

10. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Dude! Clean your intake filter!! :)

OK... is it worth paying the £50 for this? I'm starting to get obsessed and pricing up joysticks! I've being playing Frontier on an Amiga Emulator... jut ain't cutting it :)

11. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Can you refrain from posting above in this thread, 4 of those pics were just of the ends of wires. If you really want to do an unboxing of new hardware, create a new thread in the hardware section.

12. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

I have not tried it yet in ED but the headphones are totally different than I have experienced, the range of space is different and rear spacing is impressive.

Last edited: 30 Aug 2014
  13. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Its a lot of fun already! Do you think you can hold out til Decemberish? If you can, then wait, if you don't think you'll be able to, may as well jump in now, you'll get more beta for you money that way. From what I understand, the price won't drop between now and launch.

14. Pookeyhead

One last question: My current joystick has no POV hat. Is that a severe disadvantage?

15. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

For landing...yes. There's ways to work round it, but HATs are the best choice for landing controls. What is your current stick?

16. Pookeyhead

A crappy Logitech Attack 3. I will replace, but just wanted to know if the game is playable without the POV.

17. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Yeah, I'd geta T.1600M as a replacement. Elite will be playable with the Attack 3, but you'll find some bits (like landing) harder than they need to be.

18. Pookeyhead

OK.. I'm going in!!! :)

19. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

20. Otis1337

Otis1337 aka - Ripp3r

which one of the cheaper (£50 or less) joysticks would be best?
    Cyborg F.L.Y 5?