1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Epic PC Kyubu: Help me donate to the Tsunami! | 21.3.2011

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Djayness, 21 Sep 2010.

1. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

[​IMG]

Okay so things are getting interesting now. The bill of laiding arrived for my machine and I will find out where it is quite soon. Its most likely two weeks away from operational though and I was getting impatient so I did two things.

[​IMG]
    I got a new sponsor!

[​IMG]
    Stelios at the Kool room sent over some goodies, most notable of which was this MIPS ram cooler. I actually really like the black acetal on it and I am not usually an acetal fan, I havent decided whether or not to machine my own top for it. I will decide later.

When I say I got impatient, hell I got really impatient, so much so that I am now getting the guy who bought my old CNC to produce the first parts of the build that are ready to be machined.

[​IMG]
    I have been designing this case almost every second day for 2 months and I have pretty much thought of everything (I hope :p ).

I also ordered a HV40 Camcorder from the states on the cheap (thanks B&H :p ), I will be making some awesome vids regarding this build. Also bought a steadycam stabiliser for the video as well as a nikon tripod :)

Last edited: 5 Oct 2010
  2. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

[​IMG]
    Tried a new polishing technique, what material do you think the grill is made out of?

3. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Acryl or acetal? Either way, looks great.

4. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Yeah Acrylic, had a lot of people saying it looked like brushed metal though.

5. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Yeah I would have guessed metal if I hadn't brushed/sanded black acryl myself ;) It's a great effect, IMO looks infinitely better than the usual gloss.

6. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Yeah Im pretty over the gloss, more of a matte person now :)

[​IMG]
    Just a teaser, thanks go to Aaron from OCAU for his fantastic skills.

Razer2007 likes this.
  7. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Kinda knew it was plastic but yeah it does look like nicely brushed anodised alu :thumb::rock:.

8. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Another project Dan? Damn, you are really busy, I can barely keep up with 1 project, uni and work and here you are running 4 projects and everything else. Major props man.

I am really liking the whole internal water cooling idea. If you can pull it off it will be awesome.

P.S. I may be sending a PM your way in the next few months. I am looking to get some custom rad grills made if possible.

9. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Nice Cheers for that,

I will be testing out the internal panel watercooling and I am unaware if its ever been done in this kind of capacity and with this type of sealing. Should be quite interesting to test it out.

For the o ring I bought a really good silicon that my builder suggested, its real premium stuff and used frequently in professional aquariums, PM me if you want the name of it.

KidMod-Southpaw likes this.
  10. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

11. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Holy cow, my fingers automatically typed this themselves AND opted to sub this thread, too!

There must be something really special in store here...

12. Razer2007

Razer2007 Building Proxima

Wow I bet this will be pretty HARDCORE!

Rep + Subd! :D

13. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Cheers mate :)

Something very special in store here. CNC is arriving Monday and yeah, quite eager to get a start on this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Until then, here is a machining preview of the backplate. It will hold over 1.6 ltrs of water and will scale the entire case. All the machining on this is of a pocket nature and is particularly slow. Modest estimates place around 12 hours on this piece alone.

14. Nutman

Best mobo tray ever - it's also a res???

15. Nutman

Ah, there I go:

"... and the case houses an internal waterloop that will have the least amount of tubing of any case. All the water will be routed inside the 10mm clear panels that make up the three sides of the case and a custom res will complete the look of the build, this thing is going to be awesome"

16. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Hmmmm, Simply awesome, look forward to seeing it in action :rock::jawdrop::thumb:.

17. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

I know! Im pretty keen to get started!

Yup, the base of the case, midplate and backplate all have internal watercooling.

18. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

[​IMG]
    I wonder what this is? :)

19. skullen

skullen Minimodder

Looking forward to this build :thumb:

20. Nutman

So, you decided to do a topplate for the MIPS Freezer yourself anyway, eh? ;)