1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Evolution

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Editor22, 19 Jan 2010.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Seems to fit the colour scheme better, so hell yes :thumb:

2. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

It looks just amazing! :thumb:

I've always been a sucker for blue, but I just felt like people (including myself) went over the top with it! - This is just perfect! :)

I like your new gfx, there's just one flaw... It neeeeeeeds water! :p

3. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Mankz approval... well I guess my work here is done now :thumb:

lol thanks Angel I would love to WC the card but I could only just scrape enough cash together to buy it let alone a block for it :duh: It's ok though one day ill do a fully water cooled loop... one day...

----

Just made a quick video...

Not going to win any Oscars but should give you an idea of how it looks :)

I suck at adding YT videos :( YT LINK

Last edited: 26 Jan 2011
  4. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

fixed that for you I did.

Editor22 likes this.
  5. bulldogjeff

bulldogjeff The modding head is firmly back on.

That new card look great. the rig looked awesome before but that just finishes it off. Nice build mate.:thumb:

6. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Hero......... +rep :D

Thanks Jeff :p

7. Nicksen

Nicksen Danish Kid :D

This looks so amazing... I just still dont understand why you placed that purple light in there... xD

8. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Thanks Nicksen :) the purple light is actually UV, it serves the purpose to illuminate the blue plexi on the mid plate and the fluid in the tubing :) once the side panel is on you cant see the cathode itself :thumb:

9. Nicksen

Nicksen Danish Kid :D

Aaah I see! :D

Then its aaall good! :thumb:

:clap:

10. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

How the >H< >E< >L< >L< could I have missed this project? Subbed and subbed again!

One small suggestion, though: the red PCI-E connector? Hnnnng.... not a fan!

11. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Thanks Nutman :D

The PCI-E connectors are the last thing I need to do, I did order some but when they arrived they were the wrong shape :(
    Since then I've been to busy to work on her. Next time I get a few free hours I may just dye the red ones black, call it a day and get ready for project number 2 :D

12. Nutman

Yes, sticking to your plan and always making sure to have the goal in mind, is rather important to lay down some real progress. You could nitpick at small things - too much, aswell - or you could just dye to PCI-E connector and move on to E22 - which I'm dying (pun intended) to see started! :)

13. voigts

voigts What's a Dremel?

Judging by the way this case turned out, I can only imagine what the next one is going to be.

I have to admit that the new GPU does fit the build a lot better.

Your photography still makes me jealous.

14. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

As I've already said to you, this was one of a few projects that I have been following closely on bit-tech for the past few months and I've been constantly impressed with everything from the initial design to your workmanship and attention to detail in building the case. It's turned out fantastically - the addition of the new card really finishes it off nicely!

Overall this was just a great project to follow and see finished, and I thoroughly look forward to your next one! The whole layout and "flow" of the project log is something that a lot of people overlook but I think you got it just right, with a nice balance of professional photography and workshop pictures and just the right amount of description. Again, as I've said to you before, it has inspired me to get my own workflow sorted out to make time to post some logs of my own in the near future.

Bring on project number 2!

15. Djayness

Djayness phwupupupup

Stunning work mate! This mod has taken a bajillion years but its been interesting all the way, the new graphics card is sex!

16. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Lol, love the pun :D I started writing a reply to your post but then got totally carried away so in the end I just added it all to the bottom :D

Thanks Voigts, I'd trade my mediocre photo skills for your godlike woodworking in a heartbeat :D

As with your previous message, you leave me pretty much speechless. I'm not that great at taking compliments and I'm even worse thinking what to say back to them so hopefully a simple thank you will suffice :blush:

A year well spent if you ask me :D :clap: I'm glad you enjoyed it Dan :thumb:

----

If I'm totally honest, Evolution was started as something to see what I could do and play about while learning how to work with aluminium, plexi and computer components in general. I never imagined it to end up gathering the attention that it has. In fact I was only really showing the log as more of a "watch me learn" blog :)
    However it is still in essence a trial run and there has to come a time when you say to yourself "is it worth spending more time on this when I could be starting something that will be perfection from the start?"
    So now that time has come and I've been fortunate enough to be able to put into motion E22 which will enable me to fulfil my dream of the next build and hopefully provide you folks with a few awesome products and services to help you make yours come true :)

17. Nutman

You do know that build no. 2 probably won't be your best build ever, don't you? ;)

18. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

I certainly hope not :D or else there would be no point in building more! :D

19. thetrashcanman

thetrashcanman Angel headed hipsters

I know i'm slightly late to the party BUT WOW what an AWESOME case, I've just spent the best part of two hours or so reading the project log, and its just fantastic, your attention to detail and care and attention are outstanding, your a credit to the modding fraternity. Also by complete couicidence you've built my perfect pc case...HOW MUCH? ;D :D :thumb:

20. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

It's never to late to join this party :D thank you for your kind words thetrashcanman :p
    I honestly don't think I could put a price on her :)