1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Games you wanted to finish, but never did?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Guest-16, 26 Nov 2008.

1. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

PC - C&C 3, C&C 3 Kanes Wrath, Doom 3, Max Payne 2, Star Trek Away Team, MOH PA, Homeworld 1 & 2. Far Cry, HL 1,

360 - Oblivion, Splintercell Double Agent, Crackdown, COD3 & 4, PGR3, Burnout Revenge, NFS Most Wanted, Grid, Forza 2,

PS3 - Resistane, Wipeout HD, Little Pixel Junk Monsters, Elefunk,

I still own all the above and will complete them eventually :)

2. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

Oh man I tossed off so many games because I always played on the hard difficulties. I always bring the disinterest upon myself..
    Far Cry - got stuck fighting some rocket-launching mutant in a narrow, flooded corridor. The game was on maximum difficulty.

Max Payne 2 - I hear there's an alternate ending after finishing the game on maximum difficulty. Couldn't be arsed to beat it three times to unlock that.

Far Cry 2 - Got lazy and abused the open world concept for diamonds and side-missions. Campaign becomes a bit of a marathon on max difficulty.

Medal of Honour: Allied Assault - who knows how long I kept replaying the D-Day segment and dicked around in multiplayer. Campaign was getting too frustrating against AI snipers and armour. Also on max difficulty.

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - I played through GTA III and loved it. But, I'm extremely thorough with games, and repeating my near-total completion of GTA III for Vice City was simply too much.

Dungeon Siege 2 - one of my favourite RPG franchises I've ever bought. I actually never played much of the campaign since the game is quite hard alone. You guessed it, max diff...

Tron 2.0 - Great game that was so underrated. I didn't stop playing on max difficulty because it was frustrating, but because I lost interest

X3: Reunion - are you fukkin crazy??!?!

Goldeneye 007 - Normal difficulty was hard enough. Had to use cheats to unlock Egyptian

Halo - Friend and I kept dying at the very last mad dash in the Maw on Legendary. Gave up.

Last edited: 28 Nov 2008
  3. twentynine

twentynine Can never win...

I make a point to try and finish every game no matter what just to see the ending...but a few games I just couldn't finish were -

Assassin's Creed - Not a bad game, great looking, but got boring though.

Far Cry - Disliked it alright right from the start...something about it just turned me off. Won't bother to buy Far Cry 2

Crysis - Great looking game, really boring though.

GTA: IV - Way to repetitive. I only got to 39%. If I get a chance I'd like to finish it. I couldn't imagine trying for 100% though.

4. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Thief Deadly Shadows - got bored
    Bioshock - found it lame, annoying, and boring
    Fallout3 - got bored of it
    Oblivion - too many things to do and way too open-ended
    Guild Wars - got tired of it + no fun without friends (mine were rarely ever on and couldn't be bothered finding new ones)
    C&C3 - got bored
    Spore - got bored of space stage
    GTA games - I've always downloaded a save game
    NFS games - same as GTA games
    CoD4 - never came back to it after the nuclear explosion
    NWN - friend stopped playing coop so I never bothered with it again
    KOTOR1 - did 2 levels and got bored
    Deadspace - found it annoying
    Nexus - space tactics got too tedious and drained the fun
    Force Unleashed - got seriously ticked off with aiming system and how combos can't be broken, drained the fun, got boring
    Fable2 - MEH.

I get bored easily..

5. Kúsař

Kúsař regular bit-tech reader

I'm hardcore gamer so I finished almost every game I liked so far. Except for Baldur's Gate 2.
    That's really one hell of a hardcore RPG. It's not unusual to repeat difficult fights 20 times. Last time I have took up quest a bit more difficult than I expected. Killing two werewolves of wolfweres or whatever they were was "funny enough". Then I got stuck on "bridge" trying to fight group of golems. I was looking on inet for some clues how to defeat them but nothing worked against the tough ones. Since then I haven't played it. But I shall return...

6. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Personally the game that's grated on me the most, out of everything?

Crash Bandicoot 2.

I, and Joe and both our missuses, and all our flatmates for that matter, have put hours, and I mean hours into that game trying to get 100% completion. TWICE! Endless replays of levels trying to get that one last bloody crate. Or the one last apple. Or in under 1 minute 38 or whatever the stupid task was to get the 98 odd special gems that unlocked the final ending. One hit death mechanism didn't help either.

One day, when I'm old and retired and have no more worries in the world, I'm going to lock myself in a room for three months and finish the damn thing once and for all.

7. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I'll say :S what games do you like? :)

8. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

bioshock imo gets better as you go along

9. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

It'd be quite a huge list :p

10. mooseguy

mooseguy Crazy Moose

TESIII Morrowind: Awesome game, lost my saves about 60hrs in and didn't want to play again.
    NWN2: Got bored =(

11. spudevo

spudevo What's a Dremel?

Grand theft auto, max payne 2

12. djDEATH

djDEATH Habari gani?

Yep, me too, that and the fact that although it was very pretty and looked good on my 7900GS, new games came out....

...and thats the one... i do like this game, kinda console for the PC type game, but thats maybe the problem, i'm sat at my desk, rather than on the sofa.

whereas COD4, and now COD5, are the most playable FPS ever. I really hope that i finally finish COD4, and get past those pesky Japs in COD5.

More for the list....

I was convinced that i could "complete" gauntlet II on the atari ST, but i swear my bro and i got to level 70 or something with no sign of let up, just a massive dragon on every 10th level, and never got any harder.

FF7, like evertyone else, i got so bored with this game. gave it to my little bro for christmas with his PS1, and he is now an AVID FF11 online player... he's also gay (as in he lives with his boyfriend in Amsterdam) so go figure
    hehehe

13. impar

impar Minimodder

Greetings!

Homeworld 2
    Started it but then other games came and now cant find the motivation to finish it.
    Think I still have a save game where I captured the Vagyr Destroyer in the fourth(?) level.

Max Payne 2
    Didnt buy it when it was released and now it seems to have wide screen issues.

14. NeedlesKane

NeedlesKane You're a Dremel

any game on wii.... ever!

not that i dislike the wii but i just dont have the energy to the wiimote for more than ten minutes without coughing up my own pancreas

15. Loom

Loom What's a Dremel?

Many, but if I had the opportunity I'll probably play a couple of adventure (or "quest", as we used to call it) games:
    Flight of the Amazon Queen (free, uses the SCUMM engine)
    Monkey Island 3 and 4
    Space Quest 4 and 6
    and if I have lots and lots of time I'll give the XCom/UFO series another go. BTW, UFO Alien Invasion is a free XCom/UFO remake. The last time I played all features were not implemented yet but it was quite enjoyable (and just as time consuming as the original, that's why I stopped playing).

16. smoothie

smoothie What's a Dremel?

MDK2 for the Sega Dreamcast.
    I think it's a very tough game; I think I'll try to play it again over my Christmas break. Thanks for reminding me about it. Cheers!

17. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

I never did finish Far Cry... and the last in the Myst series.. forget the name now.

18. Annihlator

Annihlator What's a Dremel?

Stalker Clear Sky
    Fallout 3
    still busy with those 2
    and couldnt be arsed to finish Oblivion yet either.

and Fallout1, but i had no intention left to finish it

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Half Life 2. Tried my patience, and I got very bored of it very quickly...
    Assins Creed - Once I'd killed 2 of the main people, it was all very similar...
    GH3 - DAMN YOU DRAGONFORCE!

And how can you not finish COD4??

It only takes like 5 hours to play the game end to end!

20. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Command and Conquer Red Alert for PC or PS, those frelling underground missions, just couldn't get past them.

Sam