1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. pete*

pete* Something witty here.

Mmm, yeah well. See thats the point. Noone dies when I shoot them with most of the normal
    default weapons.

The only gun I was getting frags with consistently was with recon, the gun looked a bit like
    the Scout from CS1.6, bolt action sniper. Loved it. But I don't have it, I picked it up. :(
    The default recon guns are pants.

It might just be my FPS making me lag too much to get good shots off with autos or something.
    I just found that, esp. with assault/engineer default guns, I hardly ever got kills. I'd be
    shooting clips in to people and nothing would be happening. Just feels like nothing connects.

Oh well, i'll spend time xD Too much uni at the moment really to get into it too much. :D

2. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

get into the habit of firing in bursts, i have issues in acquiring targets in time so i set myself up ready for them to come to me.

3. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

I don't mind either but I prefer the Littlebird's shorter length. One of the things I like to do when capping flags in them is to just circle strafe around the flag pole. All fine and dandy in the Littlebird but when in the Z11 I forget she has a fat ass and end up clipping a street light nearby or something :hehe:

4. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

last night I decided to try playing, scout. oh wow I felt as though I was playing crysis and was really enjoying getting long range hits on people, I just need a rifle with decent stopping power. here's hoping I get one tonight.

5. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

Smithy I don't think I have you on BattleLog. What's your ID?

6. Jake123456

Jake123456 Surprise!

SV98 isn't far down the line I think, unless you aim for the L96, which is a decent bit of kit..

7. Achilleas.k

Achilleas.k Minimodder

8. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

M98B is a really good sniper rifle, and so in L96. I do love instant killing people on HC with the M98B.

Though I do wish they would bring back the GOL it was such a sexy thing to use!!

yassarikhan786 likes this.
  9. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

Well I'll be looking at a foray onto the bit server tonight I think. Been playing on a load of noon servers to get a feel for it so I'm not a complete embarrassment lol. So far I have found that I'm awesome at dying. I have a couple of folks added but would like to add a few more, has anyone actually made a simple thread with a list of bit tech peeps? Perhaps have one in the first post of this thread if not.

I'm unpainted_target (in the sig to see how truly awful I am lol)

10. Achilleas.k

Achilleas.k Minimodder

@Throbbi:
    Your 7.5% accuracy is no worse than mine was for the first couple of months. Then again, I'm no sharpshooter in general, but it has been increasing.

The game can be (unsurprisingly) frustrating at first. You start feeling like the respawn screen is going to get burned into your monitor, but it's really no different for most people. I was even a BFBC2 "vet", played during the BF3 beta and because I bought BF3 a month after its proper release, I still felt like I was falling behind from the general population's skill level.

I'll add to what the others said about the first weapons: They're not bad at all. Unlock some attachments for them and probably one or two weapons for each class and you'll start seeing what suits your play-style. I started getting a better feel for the aiming in the game once I started unlocking short range scopes (red dot, cobra, holo), but I'm an assault rifle junkie so it might be different for you.

See you on the servers.

11. Jester_612

Jester_612 "Jammy..."

Try this server, it's got four rules to make it fun starter offs (and for school children). I still use it to pratt about, "watch this!" sort of stuff, try new things etc'. Sometimes there are ok too with good teamplay to compensate for skillz.

It's the equipment unlocks that are terrible, not the start weapons. I think they engineered all the weap's with unforgiving characteristics, compared to other games.

12. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Aesthetics is the only difference in these weps, there stats are basically the same. M98B is the last unlock but a beast of a sniper when you get there. Use the SV98 and the M40A5 until you get there.

13. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

I've only just started playing the recon class and I'm liking the SKS so far. A pretty decent weapon.

14. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I haven't played since november. Has the game been patched a lot ?

15. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

Fairly yes.. although there's a massive patch in the works coming out circa sometime this month. That's gonna be huge and looks to be all good.

16. Throbbi

Throbbi What's a Dremel?

That's heartening to hear lol. I enjoy the sniping a fair bit and did end up in a match 3v3 against 3 long time players. I think, honestly, I was beating them on accuracy but because i was using the truly useless starter rifles it would take 2 heads to down them where as their L96's and such we're taking me in one. I am improving though :D

Thanks jester, i'll give that one a crack.

17. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Right, I'm done with BF3, I stopped playing 2 months ago. I picked it back up now.

Half a map and I still have the same problem of it stuttering to **** making it unplayable. Pile of ****.

18. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

What drivers are you running? Check HDD usage during stuttering as well, could be problems with streaming textures.

19. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

It's been on my SSD since it was released. And the latest drivers.

20. nchhabs

nchhabs www.twitch.tv/dracaXL

Weird. What graphics settings you running?