1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Internet died for 4 minutes, F**K

a few nice tags for my collection tonight

Last edited: 1 Jul 2012
  2. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Glad you could join us for some fun games. I got myself some Tags tonight too. Elton/Tigernos and Deadbolt xD

3. Elton

Elton Officially a Whisky Nerd

Was nice to play with you guys again. :)

I missed BF3..

4. Mr Happy

Mr Happy 4 8 15 16 23 42

Funny, i got those tags aswell :clap: :lol:

5. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

A whole week of Double XP for Premium users woo!

6. Achilleas.k

Achilleas.k Minimodder

Damn. I was planning on playing other stuff.

7. Bobman

Bobman What's a Dremel?

Having trouble with my internets - with Virgin but not particularly had issues before.

Joined temporarily last night (Elton got an easy kill ;-) but lag was sooo bad had to quit back out. Speedtest shows my upload connection to be 3Mb per second as normal but download is only a tenth of this :-/

Hopefully a global issue that will fix itself! Hope to shoot some face later if all ok again....

8. Phalanx

Phalanx Needs more dragons and stuff.

Well, I managed the 2nd service star last night on the MK3A1. How the hell do people use this gun? It's an absolutely horrible weapon. My only problem is I want to hit 500 kills with every primary, so I have to do it. I'm hating it.

At the moment I'm running with a Kobra RDS (for what it's worth with this gun!), Flechette rounds and a laser sight. Whilst I'm not totally terrible with it, it's so bad as a shock tactic weapon (which clearly it was designed for), that I'm screwed if I aim, screwed if I don't and screwed whether I get close or hold distance. What a terrible weapon.

9. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Maybe try frag rounds :D

10. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

I hate this in gun master! Its just so bad, I don't even know how Dice can justify its existence.

Personally I'd just sack it off and play with a gun you actually enjoy using!

11. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I ran it with the Kobra, Extended Mag and Flechette rounds. Got the 500 kills in 5Hrs 52mins. The first 200 were the worst to get through, but then I got to know the ranges and when to ADS and when to just hammer the fire. There's no real need for the laser sight I think as once you get used to the fire-cone, you can ball park your shots pretty damn well. For the most part I only ADS at range to just attempt to get some hits on target, usually it was just hip-fire.

12. Phalanx

I can't. My OCD will never let me live it down. :D However the second I hit 500 kills, it's gone!

I'm not that kind of player. ;)

Hmm, I figure the laser sight would give a tighter spread. I'll give extended mag a shot then. Cheers.

13. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Last edited: 3 Jul 2012
  14. Elton

Extended mag is more useful in this case. Just play a few games of Bazaar and you'll do fine. I haven't gotten 500 kills but I got a handful quite quickly.

Btw, Yes I did bobman, yes I did. :D

15. GregTheRotter

GregTheRotter Minimodder

Fixed. :thumb:

16. Digi

Digi The not-so-funny Cockney

I should be on tonight, had a very busy weekend and I started training muay thai again last night so my arms are like jelly. Should allow a few of you to actually kill me for once.. ;)

17. Elton

You do muai Thai? Sick! :thumb:

18. Phalanx

I had quite a few games on a dedicated Gun Master server last night (32 player). Whilst it was seriously fun, it's highlighted something I've suspected for a while now.

Gun Master, by definition, is all about being able to use a variety of weaponry and adapt to the situation.

It was pretty plain to me last night that a big, BIG majority of players have become so used to a particular gun and attachment setup, that when you hand them almost anything else, they completely lose it.

So many times last night I was accused of cheating, hacking, exploiting and all sorts, simply because I changed how I played as each weapon came up. Personally, I like to think it's because I only go for 500 kills per gun before learning another, which means I've gone through more guns and learnt them properly than most people I know (yes, I know. Not all people, most...)

Just wondered if you guys have found the same. It's amusing, yet somehow slightly saddening at the same time. People seem obsessed with using the same gun over and over, having tens of service stars on a weapon because they refuse to try new things.

Yes, I understand it's their choice, and even I get irate when I see ANOTHER one-hit kill with a M98B and service star 90+ or whatever, but then don't complain when you're taken out of your comfort zone in a game mode designed to test your all-round play. No?

19. Achilleas.k

Achilleas.k Minimodder

Screenshots from last night's sniper wars incoming.

This is roughly where I was aiming to get the kills:
    [​IMG]

Longest headshot:
    [​IMG]

And near the end, an amazing mutual kill with adrock. My distance didn't register, possibly because I was dead. It was again at 1330ish:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 3 Jul 2012
  20. Elton

Being a fairly diverse player (well minus bolt actions, I suck with those...kinda) I don't think GunMaster would be a problem for me. My problem is staying consistently good. Most guns I can adapt to quite well...even the FAMAS. :D