1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Generic, I Don't Like Thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by Mr_Mistoffelees, 26 Feb 2018.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Fresh linseed oiled putty brings back many fond memories though what use it is in a PC's operating system is a mystery?

2. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Keeps Windows in the frames, dunnit.

<audio controls><source src="bdum-tish.aiff" type="audio/aiff"></audio>

The_Crapman, IanW and MLyons like this.
  3. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

Of course, how remiss of me not to have known that.

4. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Oh, another feature I didn’t want or need. Great!!

5. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

It really presses my buttons when companies use the term "gesture of good will" in place of "doing the right thing" or "fulfilling our obligation"

6. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I always thought that was a legal thing, in that if they say something like doing the right thing or obligation they're admitting fault and opening themselves up for further repercussions.

I'm not sure if this one is a "i don't like" thing or not, it's probably more a WTF in a funny way: People who go running/jogging but are no faster than someone whose walking, standing at a bus stop the other day by a park i watched a guy running around the park and a woman following with her dog and a mile later they were no further apart than when they passed me, what's the point in going running if i can walk that fast.

7. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Being made to wait outside a locked gate. On a Saturday. To do work. Having arrived early, and then given the person I'm waiting for a 45 minute window before thinking about leaving.

8. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

I hate share mouse software....

Causes lag !!

9. Mister_Tad

Cycle club, 30-40ish strong, matching lycra (of course), riding 4-wide at 10mph on a poorly sighted national speed limit road, and then on through a village with cars parked on either side, to national limit again. When I'm eventually able to overtake on a well-sighted stretch giving them a wide berth (because some seem too busy chatting to ride in a straight line), gestures at me and shouts abuse (or mouths it, I can't hear anything over the car at full chat anyway) because apparently having 4 wheels automatically makes me the c*

10. B1GBUD

B1GBUD ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Accidentally Funny

Being a Daaaahnhiller myself, I'm mostly on the dirt, but I have considered joining the fellow "Roady Scum" but I don't think I could do the whole coordinated Lycra and silky smooth legs thing. 4 abreast on any road is a dick move IMO and should be treated with a 6-7000rpm exhaust note and some over-run.

TheMadDutchDude and MLyons like this.
  11. Arthur

Arthur It's for 'erberts !

Fixed :)

12. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Things that don't do what they say on the tin, e.g anti-static furniture polish, central heating flush.

13. legoman

legoman breaker of things

That annoys me, local club here are similar an get angry if you state its two abreast at most by law. My local club dont wear team kit, because its bloody expensive.

14. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

the ballache you have to go through to cancel a mobile phone contract...

The contract is surplus to requirements... cancel the ****er... no idon;t want it cheaper, no i don't want to transfer it to a friend or family member, no i don;t want want other **** you're trying to sell.

I. WANT. THE. CONTRACT. CANCELLED.

'oh we understand, that's a perfectly sensible thing to do... don;t want to be paying for something you don't use...'

Then pissing do it you moron, cancel the damn contract... like i've been trying to get you to do for the last 45 ****ing minutes...

15. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Yeah, those annoy me to no end too.

16. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Imagine, if you will, having a red hot poker shoved up your arse...

Now you have an idea what a pain in the arse getting O2 to cancel was, for my wife this year. She was even threatened with court action, for unpaid charges supposedly accrued by the already cancelled account. Took from mid-January till a week ago to get it sorted.

17. Sajuuk

Sajuuk Outsider who isn't welcome.

The cost of LED bulbs.

Kitchen CFL died last night, suppose I should modernise and get a nice LED bulbs- oh, what's that, any kind of branded ( = decent? ) bulb costs £10-15... for a light bulb; hmm.

I will state for the record that I've tried cheap Chinese LED 'corn-cob' style bulbs and they are pure junk- had 6 of them, all died within a month ( black spot of death ).

What also annoys me is the fact LED bulbs are supposed to be 'better for the environment', yet they are filled with circuitry and plastic and capacitors that are filled with yummy electrolyte, compared to the old fashioned, evil incandescent bulbs that are just glass and a small amount of metal, and cost <£1. Does my head in...

18. Zoon

Zoon Hunting Wabbits since the 80s

Being poorly. Got a gastric bug Saturday and still not able to be out of bed for longer than a few minutes. Visiting family and supposed to be going home tomorrow but it’s looking unlikely.

19. Behemoth

Behemoth Timelord in training

Vicky's (thats my new partner) ex husband.

20. Mister_Tad

Just what form factor are you buying? £10-15 is a bit steep, unless you've got a really weird bulb. I've found the Philips bulbs to be reliable and produce the best colour, and despite being amongst the most expensive don't think I've seen them in that price range recently (aside from Hues of course).

I kitted my kitchen out with Philips GU10s 5 years ago and even then it was 'only' £8.50/bulb (and 14 of them have still paid for themselves a few times over compared to the halogens they replaced)