1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other How did your online name come about...

Discussion in 'General' started by BRAWL, 8 Feb 2011.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Got mine off a friend on a mashed up night when she couldn't see straight.

2. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

:duh: Even though I have read countless posts by yourself and must have read your location umpteen times, it actually hasn't dawned on me that we live that close to each other lol

+1 rep for actually knowing where we both live lol

Not a game I have ever played, but at least I now know I'd fit in well should I ever lol

3. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

Aha, it says Leeds, but I'm closer to Cas right now. If you know where Brigshaw High School is, then you are in the right ballpark.

Gaming night? :D

4. noizdaemon666

noizdaemon666 I'm Od, Therefore I Pwn

That would be amazingly awesome :D

Except I probably have no games that you have due to a severe lack of cash...and the girlfriend always has a go at me as soon as the words 'I'm just off on the computer..' leave my mouth lol

Soon though, I will once again be the master and there shall be GAMING AGAIN!!!! hopefully lol

5. sleepygamer

sleepygamer More Metal Than Thou

Heh, I am sure we could figure something out at some point.

I often have to go into Cas for Jobseeker's or for band practice, or to visit my bank, so if you see this arse walking about, say hi!

[​IMG]

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I don't have that link in my signature any more, so I'll copy it here :)

I have used the same screen name since I started playing online games, in roughly 2002. Lots of people automatically assume that "Unicorn" is a girly name, but the definition of the word that made me pick it as my screen name way back then was this:

The unicorn was believed to be fierce and difficult to capture, and also impossible to kill. Its horn was thought to offer protection against poison. Medieval writers associated the unicorn with Jesus, and they are mentioned in the Bible.

The avatar came after that, in 2005, when I stumbled across an artist on Deviantart called "Mythori". They had posted a deviation depicting a "Fallen Unicorn" which looked fierce and scary, and matched my style of play at the time perfectly ;) I have used the same image as my avatar and in game spray image ever since. The nickname "Uni" was coined by my fellow clan members on Ventrilo shortly after I started playing CSS because it was quicker to say in matches than my full name, and has stuck ever since. "Uni" means "one" which seemed to suit my style of play more and more with every match we played. I was often stuck on my own with nothing but an AWP to clutch against 4 or 5 players. As a result of all that practice with the weapon, I became the clan sniper almost straight away! The AWP has always had the phrase "one shot, one kill" firmly attached to it, so when I became the clan sniper, it seemed to imply that my nickname meant that "with Uni, it only takes one shot", and that phrase also stuck and carried through our league match days.

The only time you will ever see me named anything else is when I am playing on some public servers, where I occasionally call myself "Flame". Most members of my old clan know where that one came from, but for those who don't, all gK^ (Genuine Killers) members adopted alternate names so that we wouldn't get a bad rep for "clan raping" public servers. Mine was "Flame" because I got flamed for cheating a lot, an accusation which I always took as a compliment :)

[I bumped this thread for a merge with the other one]

Last edited: 2 Mar 2012
  7. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

Wow this thread has been dead for nearly a year isn't reviving it a bit like necrophilia :worried:

8. Unicorn

I'm not into that! And it was bumped for a good reason :)

:thumb:

9. lilgoth89

lilgoth89 Captin Calliope

a few years ago when i was hanging around with a load of my friend we were called the goth group, by a bunch of chavs ( im sorry unsightly youths ;) ) and while discussing said event on the way home, we discussed names for ourself,
    my name is both a shortend ' a little bit goth ' and an inside joke oweing to my ( then ) small stature

wow, didnt see the thread revival going on lol

10. Mark_Skeldon

Mark_Skeldon What's a Dremel?

I was born with mine :p

Normally use kwik_uk nearly everywhere else. Don't know why I didn't when I registered on here! Maybe I just fancied a change. Who knows.

11. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

My fault :lol:

12. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

I had always wanted an Anglo name, rather then the classic German one I have.

Jumeira is an affluent area in Dubai where the ladies like to lunch, they are called Jumeira Janes. So I took Jumeria_johnny as a play on that.

Also, the necromancy was at Unicorn's behest. He literally begged me to do it.

13. Unicorn

Guilty as charged :hehe:

14. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Used to use George.Yoda/GeorgeYoda because I'm called George and Yoda is awesome.

Then me and a friend wanted to start a computer company when I was in school, and we thought of various names, Storm Computers (or something like that) came up, and so I just kind of went with it.

I'm GeorgeStorm pretty much everywhere, apart from on steam, where I think my official login in georgeyoda, and my name changes quite often :p

If I could choose again I probably would have gone with Wadders (my last name is Waldie, and it was a nickname a couple of friends used to call me)

15. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Jeeez, I had to think about this one.

First lan party, the sudden realisation that I needed a player handle for CS, as the admin's were pissed off with seeing "Player1"at previous events so they made it a rule.

So whilst everyone was setting up somebody asked the group of us what a good OC voltage was for a AMD Athlon XP. Since I was the only other guy running an Athlon (XP-M), I joked and said "2.1v should do the trick (whilst laughing)" not expecting the numpty to actually do it.

So after this numpty stopped shouting that his machine won't post, and excepted he was totally at fault, since he tried to push from stock 1.8GHz to 2.6GHz in one jump without any previous experience with OC'ing. I gave him my spare 2500+ XP for the rest of the weekend, and the clan gave me my name, "burnout21" which actually started off as Burntout21 but didn't flow as well.

I miss those days, small group of 20-25. It's died back since to about 12 people since the online gaming makes it so much easier.

16. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

The main ones I go by...

Big Red - It was may favourite cheat code from the first Descent game, also i'm on the large side and like the colour red...

RedFlames - Kinda similar to the above... was originally chosen to piss off someone I played with/against who went by 'BlueFlames'

NinjaBrick - Because I was once described as being 'About as stealthy and subtle as a brick in a ninja costume'

Ahkonaut - Tribute to an friend, generally only used if my first picks are already taken...

17. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

My last name is Mansueto. Most of my friends always referred to me as Mansueto, my brother's friends referred to me as little Mansueto (as I'm the youngest of my brothers). Since than I've stuck with it for gaming, and I've also adopted Namsu or Mansu or Sueto (all short forms of my last name that people have called me in vent, ts, etc. from my WoW days).

It's actually become rather annoying as of late though, in a lot of games I've tried playing it seems Mansueto is taken. I do recall having someone in the States send me a message on the playstation network asking why we took the alias Mansueto, turns out we both had the same last name!

18. Mechh69

Mechh69 I think we can make that fit

When I got my first email account through the military some one else set up the account for me, the password was MECHH, he used that because I was a mechanic and the first initial of my last name. 69 was my pace count for 100 meters ( used for land navigation with a map and compass).

19. AmEv

AmEv Meow meow. See yall in 2-ish years!

Simple:
    Am(mon) Ev[redacted].

Sometimes I add a "7fam" to thend.

20. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

Jumping on the nercothread band wagon.

I have used various usernames over the past few years, for various reasons and what not. But I chose MrDomRocks as it had become used almost everywhere. And well I'm male my name is Dom(inic) and I :rock: