1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Last Game You Completed?!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by MrDomRocks, 24 Sep 2012.

1. Yaka

Yaka Well-Known Member

FTL -for some reason years after first playing and just trying it coz i was bored the other week and am now addicted to it all over again.

2. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I completed a playthrough of Total War: Warhammer as Skarsnik today. Been an off-and-on thing for about the last four months... :sigh::duh:

3. TekWarrior

TekWarrior New Member

Am a total war fan, so although you win is great playing with the different factions, just playing the new warhammer one now, won it with the dark elves now trying it with the dwarfs

4. creative

creative 500rwhp

Battlefield 5..... I know, late to the party and it wasnt online, but I have always enjoyed the campaign side of the BF series. Enjoyed it but wow is it short! Had it finished in a few days, got to the end and was looking for the next part only for it not to be there! Oh well, I enjoyed what there was.....

Onto the next game!

5. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

LISA: The Painful
    On its face a pretty solid TB RPG with some interesting quirks, but the world, the writing and the storytelling really set it apart. Just like a few other games inspired by Earthbound/Mother it uses a particularly effective mix of comedy and lighthearted weirdness, combined with (increasingly) adult and disturbing elements.

This game goes to some extremely dark places, and not just in the subtext,
    Particularly egocentrism, regret, drug addiction, depression, suicide, abusive relationships and generational cycles of trauma and abuse (both physical and mental)
    but manages to do it in a way that somehow never feels cheap or just for shocks.
    It's also interesting how the subject of suffering was worked into the gameplay: the game often unexpectedly breaks genre conventions in cruel ways, creating a constant feeling of dread and uncertainty. It goes out of its way to make sure you never get too comfortable.

All of this is interspersed with a lot of great jokes, visual comedy and delightfully weird characters. I really enjoyed it and highly recommend it.

The soundtrack, by the way, is also perfect for the game. It goes from suitably bizarre (like this masterpiece), to disturbing, to pretty cool and relaxing.

6. Jeff Hine

Jeff Hine Nothing special

Dunno I've ever completed a game... the only game I currently play has no 'definitive end' in the context inferred/implied (@Gareth Halfacree - leave it! :p ) here, any way.