1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

I have at least 3 friends with an entire room devoted to their personal library, filled entirely with Billys.

2. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

My old man doesn’t move in his sleep, like a vampire. I find that mildly disturbing :hehe:

Vault-Tec likes this.
  3. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Billy 3 mates?
    It was Nobby No mates rather than Billy when I was young...his similarly sad cousin maybe?

adidan likes this.
  4. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Was always Billy Nomates here.

Our dog is called Jim, he is AKA Jimmy Noballs...

Vault-Tec likes this.
  5. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

A "Type 2" charging cable for my new car (it only came with a "granny" lead - 3-pin mains to car).
    A new backpack, suitably sized to fit the stupid check-in cages all the airlines use for carryon luggage now.

6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

upload_2023-3-27_15-0-57.png

Eight-seater folding picnic bench. The thing's supposedly weather-proof, rust-proof, UV-resistant, all the rest of it. We'll see!

Got a parasol for it, too, but that's not here yet.

Byron C likes this.
  7. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Get a cover for it, thats the only real way to protect it! Then it'll be dry and clean when you want it!

IanW likes this.
  8. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

I've been told I often sleep with my eyes open.

Must be a trust issue :happy:

b1g-d0g likes this.
  9. DeanSUNIAIU

DeanSUNIAIU Modder

You just don’t want to miss out on anything.

b1g-d0g, IanW and adidan like this.
  10. adidan

FOMO eye strain? Could well be.

11. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

My grandad used to fall asleep with his eyes open. Really weirded me out as a little kid

12. adidan

It can be annoying, I have to use eye spray sometimes because they get so dry.

It's the most useless superpower :happy:

13. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

I had to look this up as I thought it couldn't be real, but it is!

Obviously, because I don't suffer from it, I can't understand the mechanics of it. I mean, how do you actually fall asleep? Do you have to be in a very dark room? Does the smallest amount of light wake you up?

Damn. There are SO many ways our bodies can screw themselves over. Kind of a miracle most of us are walking around at all.

14. adidan

Yeah I do need a dark room although a bit of light can help as it reminds me I need to close my frickin eyelids!

I have got much better, I usually just tell myself to close my eyes now but, yeah, a little bit of light after I'm asleep can wake me up pretty easily if I have a full vacant sleep stare on.

Bodies are weird. Maybe I'm just part frickin dolphin, apparently they sleep one half of their brain at a time. Or did I just make that up?

Edit: As for going to sleep, well my brain just goes to sleep. Not sure how the mechanics work tbh.

Pete J likes this.
  15. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

With all of my recent luck something had to go wrong, didn't it?

A few days ago I was using my phone viewing my build logs on forums. All of a sudden the phone froze, and Google Assistant piped up asking me if I needed help. I could not get it to stop doing this, and the screen became unresponsive. FFS. After several reboots as soon as I opened Chrome back to that page? it happened again. And again. In the end I managed to move to a different website, problem solved. Sort of. Last night I was on a completely different forum and it happened again. The bottom half of the touch screen becomes unresponsive. This sucks, because it is a ROG phone 3. Which costed me £460. Problem is I have had it three years, so what are you going to do?

I didn't want to go mad mad, but I did fancy a change. The ROG phone has had no OS updates so it is still stuck on a very old Android, and updating it is very difficult given it is a specific version of the phone (Tencent edition) and thus is very complicated. I have 0 experience in it, and I could well brick it. I may ask someone for help on that later, maybe send it to someone and see if a newer OS fixes this issue IDK. Right now though I do need a phone. I wanted a better camera, though, given I am now making videos of my bike collection, so I went to the dark side. I got the 11 Pro Max, renewed from Apple for £350. Which is about my hard limit on phones now.

[​IMG]

I did however pay up for the case. £25. It is genuine leather though, not like the nasty PU one I had on the ROG phone.

[​IMG]

I'm a bit peeved by this but life I guess.

Weekly_Estimate, Byron C and b1g-d0g like this.
  16. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

We're on a water meter 'ere, which is super annoying. Doubly so 'cos there's nowhere to fit a water butt to the main house or conservatory. There's one on the outbuilding, but it's in the back corner and awkward to get to. I'd had a crack at hooking a hosepipe to it, and while it technically works there's just not enough head pressure even when full.

I do have a Karcher pressure washer which would help with that, but it's a bulky bugger and a pain to set up - drag it out, hook the lance up, hook the hose up, find the RCD, hook the mains up, use it, then do everything again backwards. Not worth it for small jobs. So...

[​IMG]

Ryobi One+ battery-powered pressure washer. Gets marked down in reviews for being "not much better than mains pressure," but mains pressure will do me fine - I'm mostly looking to use it to water the garden, not blast off ingrained grime!

There's a newer-gen brushless model with nearly twice the pressure (41 bar to this one's 22 bar), but it's only available direct from Ryobi at £171; this one was £89 in the Amazon sale. If I need more pressure for a job, I'll just drag the Karcher out to play instead.

Byron C, IanW and Arboreal like this.
  17. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Great bit of kit GH!

A couple of friends are both kitted out with Ryobi battery pressure washers having independently got into that ecosystem.

I used one last year for cleaning green algae off a boat stored uncovered over the winter, it was pretty good as there was a hose but no mains power there.

Gareth Halfacree likes this.
  18. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Phone got. It looks brand new. First things I did after setting it up was check it for True Tone (on) and Face ID. Both work fine, so the phone must be all original unless Apple repaired it themselves. Only caveats? the battery health is 82% which from what I have read really ain't bad, and secondly the supplied charger(5w) is total poop and so is the Lightning cable. Easily fixed for £20. I wanted a 6ft one, I hate the short ones.

[​IMG]

I think I have a 18w Anker at home, but just to be safe I got these for a tenner.

[​IMG]

19. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

To mis-quote Britney, "Oops, I LEGO'd again..."
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Byron C, perplekks45, Pete J and 2 others like this.
  20. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Your house must be starting to look like mine!

IanW likes this.