1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

I need something built like a tank as I get a little slam happy at times. :hehe:

Pete J and perplekks45 like this.
  2. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Finally put the TV together that came a couple of days ago after ordering last weekend.

[​IMG]

Forgot we had a Costco membership until the end of the month and picked up a QN90C 43" for about £670.

Big enough for our room and will avoid any burn in as it's used for general tomfoolery, TV channels with static logos as well as gaming/NUC duties.

Pretty pleased tbh even out of the box, will tinker this week. Surprised how good even the PS4 looks as I await the PS5 slim-not-slim to use 4K gameplay.

Plus this smaller screen goes up to 144Hz freesync when hooked up to a GPU that can do it so may be a future monitor for me. :happy:

E: I like things to last. The previous TV is an on Samsung and it's not missed a beat, it'll now be serving as a monitor for my backup pc.

E: Oh and a couple of these, probably unnecessary but on offer and I had vouchers

[​IMG]

And to finish off the cabling for all the TV area things some more probably unnecessary but on offer and voucher using items

[​IMG]

Think that's it for now...

Last edited: 19 Nov 2023
    Vault-Tec likes this.
  3. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

That's one snazzy looking network cable, I must say.

4. adidan

Amazon basics finest Ethernet cables. The braiding helps make tidying easier.

In theory anyway, behind the TV currently looks like a bear's deposited a tapeworm.

5. Andersen

Andersen I'm fine. I'M FINE! *banshee howl*

That description... No one's gonna drop a load greater than that today

6. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Ew.

Both of you.

Vault-Tec and adidan like this.
  7. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

Looks like the next release of OpenRGB will speak Kingston.
    https://gitlab.com/CalcProgrammer1/OpenRGB/-/issues/2879

Yaka likes this.
  8. adidan

Apologies, it was early and for whatever reason I could not think of any way to describe it. My brain has the greatest difficulty in the morning.

Think I'll wait a bit longer for my lunch.

Byron C likes this.
  9. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I'm guessing Amazon didn't like the vivid, but quite accurate, description and removed the review.

IanW and adidan like this.
  10. adidan

God damnit, that'll teach me for trying to be helpful.

* shrugs *

11. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

Boulies EP400
    [​IMG]

b1g-d0g likes this.
  12. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

I said to my partner sometime ago that I’d treat myself to an Xbox if the price was right come Black Friday. She scoffed and exclaimed “yeah right!”.

Since getting out of debt I’ve become painfully tight fisted to the point I rarely buy anything for myself unless absolutely necessary and utterly logical. Even then I sometimes avoid it…

Feeling guilty already… Xbox Series S flagged up as a very reasonable £189.99 I wasn’t bothered by the 2K/4K differences but the lack of disc drive, and therefore ability to buy preowned games reminiscent of my youth put me off… So I got this instead…

[​IMG]

13. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Double-check on this, but I (think I) recently found out that having a S-X and say, a disc from back in the 360 days does not necessarily a gaming experience make. It seems the box doesn't play from the disc, but more uses the disc as a form of previous purchase validation, then goes off and downloads the current back-compat version to install and play, assuming of course that a version currently exists (some don't). Thus rendering the disc (and the S-X for playing it) a bit moot. Better off with original hardware for some original titles, it seems.

I think.

That aside - welcome to the club!
    :rock:

14. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

Ahhh okay, I’m not uber bothered by backwards compatibility. More so that I could get some older Xbox Series X games from the fleabay and not be buying brand spanking every time :)

15. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

Review needed when you get it, I've been putting off buying an Aeron for ohhhh... about a 6 months now to replace my increasingly creaky office chair.

Last edited: 21 Nov 2023
    IanW and Weekly_Estimate like this.
  16. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

I hope you'll get that, mate. But both Microsoft and Sony are sneakily trying to bind bought games to your console's account and making resale impossible. Kind of like Steam and other distribution solutions for games on PC.

17. The_Crapman

Like the virtuosos before (and even my recon Dyson), it's in mint condition.
    [​IMG]

First impressions; it feels gigantic after using my mx Anywhere pretty much exclusively for about 18months, doesn't feel all that heavy even with all the weights in, although haven't tried without for comparison. Buttons are really light but crisp and springy for frantic semi-auto fire. Only bad thing I could say is the cable isn't particularly nice, but seeing as it's only for the odd occasional charging that's not too much of a downside.

Apologies for the disgusting keyboard. I spilled coffee on my ducky and haven't been arsed to clean it properly :rollingeyes:

IanW and Bloody_Pete like this.
  18. The_Crapman

Didn't European courts/parliament tell steam they had to allow resale of digital games?

19. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

I don't remember that, but they definitely beat the Steam refund policy into Valve over a number of years and rulings.

20. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Its weird they provide such a terrible cable with the wired ones have a lovely braided one, but it could be because its a refurb. I love Corsair's click, we have Logi mice as work, some have the soft no click and its horrible!