1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Latest Purchases Thread: v2.0

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Followed @Pete J's lead - Shark Detect Pro Cordless (or IW1511UK, if you prefer)

[​IMG]

b1g-d0g, Arboreal, Vault-Tec and 4 others like this.
  2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Nice ! If mum's one comes up on QVC again for £250 I will jump. Talking of things that suck....

I had my sofa cleaned before I moved. I have kept the entire thing covered in a big blanky ever since. Problem is the arm on the side I sit at is filthy. I have covers on it now, but yeah it's nasty. I mulled over getting the guy back to clean just that arm (never sit at the other side) but the machine he had was enormous, and I can't see him being able to get it up here. So after mumbling under my breath about how I will never use I got this. It cost the same as what he charged me in 2017 to clean the entire thing.

[​IMG]

And.

[​IMG]

To be fair there is a tiny red spot on the carpet too (spag bol). I have a rug over that now, but yeah that will get attacked too.

Yaka, Arboreal, Pete J and 1 other person like this.
  3. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I’ve been tempted to just hire a rug doctor to go over all our carpets (I only have one flight of stairs to lug it up!), but then I remembered that they’re not our carpets and they needed replacing long before we moved in. So… f’em [shrug]

4. Vault-Tec

Thankfully my carpets are good. I have an incredibly strict no shoes rule in place and have adhered to it. So they still look virgin fresh. Well, apart from that tiny red spot at my feet. I have a pair of sliders I wear in the flat and only in the flat.

But yeah, mum asked me once why I hardly ever mop the kitchen floor. "Ma, I don't drop anything on it and no one wears shoes in here". So a daily vacuum is more than enough.

Now her carpets on the other hand? it's good she chose brown tbh. Every one comes in through the back door and no one takes their shoes off. She's got the decorator coming in on Monday. I am going over Friday to take the pictures off the wall and stuff, and move the fire place thing out of the way. She is staying with my aunt whilst the bloke does the entire downstairs. At which point it should be warm enough to have the carpet cleaner bloke in.

5. Midlight

Midlight Minimodder

They will look like that until you clean the spot and then they will look filthy. Happens all the time here. We are similarly strict with no shoes, regular cleaning etc. but if anywhere gets a spot clean the rest of the carpet looks dirty and the wife will get the carpet cleaner out.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  6. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

[​IMG]

My little switch upstairs finally gave up, or rather the power supply did and one of the 5 ports has been more than a bit touchy for a while, so I grabbed this to keep me ticking over until I get all the parts for the big network upgrade. If all goes to plan I shouldn't need this after I get everything sorted out, but that'll be a little while and spare switches are never a bad thing to have kicking about. Not bad for ~£11

adidan likes this.
  7. Vault-Tec

Did it a while ago. Didn't get the stains completely out of the carpet. That was my fault for leaving it and forgetting. They are considerably better, though.

Sofa arm sure looks much better, though it is still wet so again remains to be seen. This was it before. Very grubby, but hard to see in the photo.

[​IMG]

And this is it done. I would say it has deffo done the job. I also remember that light streak from before.

[​IMG]

Yaka likes this.
  8. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Lian Li UNI FAN TL LCD 140 x 4
    Lian Li UNI FAN SL V2 120 x 3
    for some extra bling lol, £300 on fans is probably a little overkill.

b1g-d0g likes this.
  9. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

2 tickets to see Justice live in Paris.

This is a dream come true for me. I've seen them live in Hamburg and Vienna before, loved every second of it both times. Seeing them on home turf will be insane.

IanW and Pete J like this.
  10. IanW

IanW Grumpy Old Git

11. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I guess that's pushed it from probably to yes, yes it is :grin:

IanW likes this.
  12. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

Just a smidge, I did order that controler at the same time forgot to list it haha £25 ontop from the smiley giant lol.

IanW likes this.
  13. Vault-Tec

Yeah can confirm, sofa is dry and looks as good as new. Worth the cost of entry tbh, will lob him in the bathroom cupboard and use once a year.

Might try a non plant based cleaner on the carpet, but tbh it is covered with a rug now any way.

Byron C, Arboreal and IanW like this.
  14. Arboreal

Arboreal Keeper of the Electric Currants

Sounds good, I'll hire it to do my car seats and carpets when I'm next over :D

IanW, Byron C and Vault-Tec like this.
  15. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Found the website and bookmarked it, looks just the thing to keep mine and my wife's chairs clean.

Vault-Tec likes this.
  16. Vault-Tec

Yeah at 70 quid? I reckon it would cost you that to have someone around tbh.

I remembered the light mark on the arm only shows when it is wet. It's like a scratch or something. Man I am glad my ex paid the extra to have it scotch guarded. I had to have it cleaned in '18 because she had dropped fookin chocolate all over it.

One tip I would advise on is put anything close by under a towel. Soaked the top of my sub ffs. Still, that got a clean too hahaha.

IanW and Mr_Mistoffelees like this.
  17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

Can confirm: this sucks... in a good way.

I'd still prefer to have spares on hand, but they're out of stock at Shark and I can't find the correct genuine filters anywhere else. The (pricey) replacement batteries are also out of stock.

18. Vault-Tec

God I am such a divvy. Emptied the machine out to dry store it, then remembered my Herman Miller needs a ruddy good going over /facepalm. So hey, I found another use for it :D

IanW likes this.
  19. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Needed a new vacuum cleaner because the old cheap Amazon basics one started constantly pulling in the cord and it drove me mad.

Got a good price on a Dyson Big Ball Multi Floor 2. Should arrive next week, let's see what all the hype is about.

Weekly_Estimate likes this.
  20. bawjaws

bawjaws Multimodder

Shark >>> Dyson

And James Dyson is a colossal prick, too.

IanW, perplekks45, Yaka and 1 other person like this.