1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Logitech MX Revolution Mouse

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 8 Feb 2007.

1. xaanaax

xaanaax What's a Dremel?

Ok, first of all sorry for my spelling mistakes, I think it's ok now. Unfortunately, English isn't my mother-tongue GoodBytes.
    Thank u very much Tyinsar for advise:) At least one nice comment:)
    I see you're not very good FPS player GoodBytes. Sometimes when u play u have to turn more than 360-degree (for example when u're running in a circle around someone or somebody). My mouse is configured well, I am able to move mouse a cross my screen moveing mouse for 2 cm. I do not use mouse pad. My MX Revol. slides (almost flies) on the black, flat and smooth desk without any problems.
    And about my finger:p is't getting tired cause I don't play now as many games (and as long) as I used to play in the past (don't have now time for it:( ) and I was used to another logitech simple, wire, optic and light mouse.
    So... Don't be so smart GoodBytes, u haven't got the best hardware in the world and u're not the smartest one.
    Peace:)

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Tyinsar, that's right. See in Montreal, you have both English and French. They "shared" at about the same level 50-50, thanks to 3 known Universities, several English Colleges, and schools. Moreover, Montreal is THE, if not, one of the most multicultural area of Canada.

The a shame that SOME Quebecers don't share such mentality and are close minded to their French Quebecer (happy now) only world, with their traditions and culture, but that is another story.

3. xaanaax

xaanaax What's a Dremel?

Let me guess, are u the only child GoodBytes?:>

Well, I am not the only one having this kind of problem, chceck this link out: http://forums.logitech.com/logitech/board/message?board.id=hardware_mice&message.id=9685

Something is stopping free-spin, but it's working ok upside down. People complain after useing MX Revol. for 3 months like me. They have bought second and third one and after 3 months the same problem occured.
    U've got luck GoodBytes, I wish I had MX spinning for 15 sec ( wikipedia says that free-spin is up to SEVEN sec http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MX_Revolution ) like yours and no problems after almost a half year...

So thank u GoodBytes for all of your advice, but only keeping my hands clean and not splashing the mouse with water won't help:(

Last edited: 16 Dec 2007
  4. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

I am very confused with this post. You come in here as a new person to the community and make spelling mistakes. You flame another user, who contributes a lot to us, and is giving you advice. What is so rude about saying that you shouldn't use a mouse pad? I might not agree, but that is somebody else's point of view, so you should respect that. Also, I am not sure if it is just the translation process or something, but if you haven't played somebody, don't bother commenting on how good a gamer they are.

Anyway, if you want to sort out your mouse problems, pop an email to Logitech, they have great customer service most of the time, I haven't really heard many complaints at all. Otherwise, take it to the store you bought it from and ask them about it, they should be willing to help. Keeping your hands clean might help actually, and dust is probably clogging it up. I always make sure that my hands are clean, just in case.

5. xaanaax

xaanaax What's a Dremel?

Ok, I've fixed the Free Spin Stopping temporary:clap:
    Like someone said on logitech forum, the scroll wheel is getting gummed up or something after couple of months useing.
    For all of u that don't want to waste time contacting logitech support or putting the mouse on the warranty and waitin for new one, there is a simple solution.
    Just turn off MX Revol.. Look from left or right side at mouse and slowly free spin the wheel. U'll see that the gum on the wheel is not perfectly a circle any more - it's like an egg... There are places where the gum is thin, and there should be a place where the gum is thicker than normal. Try to press that thicker place with your nail to create better circle.
    I did it and the difference is huge.:jawdrop: From 2-3 sec now it's spins 13:rock: (so the wikipedia lies about 7 sec:p )
    It's not completely fixing the problem, but it's better then nothing. Its quick and easy. This is Logitech fault and I think the best thing to do would be takeing off the gum:p But for this moment I'll stay with just fixing the problem myself.
    Greetings for MX Revoluiton users:)

6. Guest-17499

Guest-17499 Guest

wireless mice definately arent for gaming

i can never see the point in these, so overpriced

7. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

It allows you freely move your mouse on your desk, and put it on any position...
    For example, I have a really large keyboard tray, well designed in my desk (something rare), sometimes for a specific move I want to execute in a game, I remove the mouse from the tray, get closer to my screen, and put the mouse on the desk itself, for more "precision". Doing something like this with a wired mouse is impossible as the cable is on the way. Also as you have no cable you never have teh mouse that pull itself away, or you have to fight for more cable.

Today wireless mouses are FAR better then 2-3 years ago.

As for the overpriced aspect, that is because you can't do shopping. I paid my MX Revolution, 60$ (59.98$) Canadian AFTER taxes (~14%), NEW (not refurbished or used). Actual price was 160$.
    No I did not steal it, or perform some tricks or wtv, nor price error.

It's all about price matching. Dell Canada was selling (on special) the MX Revolution for 60$, I went to Staples (Office Depot) [a store here, which that accept Dell as a store and perform price matching], and I did it, + a 10% less of the difference.
    How can you say no? Also the look of the mouse is just amazing.

8. xaanaax

xaanaax What's a Dremel?

To lamboman:
    How old are u kids? Everyone makes spelling mistakes, specially foreign people. The fact I am new on this forum doesn't mean I've got nothing to say and u can make fun of me.
    You think having clean hands is good advice? Every single child knows about personal hygiene.
    I've got nothing against using a mouse pad, but I just never used it.
    About logitech service, have u read the logitech forum (the link which I have pasted)? People had second and third one and still had the same problem. I haven't got time to deal with them.
    Peace

Last edited: 17 Dec 2007
Tags: Add Tags