Marketplace sold item problem

Discussion in 'Serious' started by phinix, 3 Nov 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

Oh dear.....

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

I did not say that you ranted about it. I said that you appeared to react defensively, because you appeared to challenge it., and this may explain phinix' defensive reaction in turn.

As I said, I'm sure that you don't mean to come across like that and perhaps I am misunderstanding, in which case I unreservedly apologise. On that note mutual apologies would be the next honourable action on both your side and phinix'. ;)

Last edited: 11 Nov 2014
  3. loftie

loftie Multimodder

Awesome communal diagnosing/fixing/diplomacy(ing?) by everyone. I feel everyone deserves cheesecake.

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Here ya go:

[​IMG]

5. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

I hate to quote my own post but I will in case it was missed. I think it's important that Phinix knows where he now stands.

6. oscy

oscy Modder

I wouldn't say confident is the right word, rather 'experienced'. It's my first build, and guides, no matter how many are read, only cover the general idea rather than go in complete detail from what I read. They seem more suited to a second-time builder who just needs reminding of the steps. Little things like thermal paste, grounding oneself, even the act of putting in a processor I found missing in some or all of them.

Also I have no fear of asking people for help on every little thing I may need help on or is new to me, just to make sure I have it all covered. Like when I had a problem with the other board, I worked it out myself but made a thread first just in case I may have missed something or couldn't work it out. I like to think asking for help 'too much' won't lead to a stigma, but I know it inevitably can, as evidenced by the opening post of this thread.

But after all, this is the only thing that broke. (Well, something else did too, but at least that one doesn't seem to be my fault.)

7. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

Who leaves the bliddy cabbage on their strawberries?:nono:

8. oscy

oscy Modder

The answer is yes, but I made the mistake of thinking that it would be stating the bleedin' obvious as I kinda already confirmed it. It feels like people are wanting a written declaration signed by all parties involved and their parents/guardians, and an absence of such is the equivalent of an essay post of denial and rage.

9. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

It wasn't obvious, no, or I wouldn't have asked.

Anyway, good luck with the rest of your build, I hope it goes well. :thumb:

10. dancingbear84

dancingbear84 error 404

I've just read this from beginning to end, out of curiosity really.
    I'm genuinely amazed at the level of support offered by other members of the community to help resolve this, Gentlemen or ladies, I applaud you all.

11. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I hope this is my last post in this thread.

I would like to thank spazmochad for going on site and helping Oscar in tests, Shuttlemodder for taking a travel to Oscar to pick it up and running tons of tests on that mobo and finally finding the problem. I would also thank lysaer, Margo, Gareth and other members who shared their experience and knowledge and offered help in this "hellish" situation.

Maybe I'm not happy as a hippo here, cause I lost lots of nerves, but I am glad and really thankful to all members that helped solving this. Thank you all that took time and shared their thoughts on this thread, it all will serve as reference for marketplace members in the future.

Huge kudos to all of you guys! :thumb:

12. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Ditto, I'm blown away by the community can-do spirit that came out around this problem. I've previously asserted that Bit-Tech, by its nature as an online community, is hostile, disparate, disinterested or asocial; I stand totally corrected. You guys are champs.

And condolences to Oscar, I feel for you bro. I've literally had the same experience (minus the community scrutiny). You handled it as well as anyone can.

13. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

I'm glad this has reached a conclusion :clap:

Kudos to the lads who've helped and offered to help. I could have guessed some of you would step in and try to rationalise what is a very difficult situation which does unfortunately crop up occasionally.

14. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Well, if there's one thing I think we can all take away from this thread, it's this:

15. Yadda

Yadda Minimodder

:)

The really impressive thing, as others have already said, is that forum members with the relevant skills and kit offered hands-on help to resolve the problem.

If that isn't the action of a true community then I don't know what is.

16. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

Having had an early morning trip over to engineering/electronics. They've said that it is hard to ascertain the size as they all seem to be varying and as such would like to pass on the opportunity to produce the magic smoke.

Oscy - Would you like me to return this to you? or ship it else where?
    :D

17. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

I do not think this thread is going anywhere except rapidly downhill and perhaps it is time for it to be closed.

18. Mojo

Mojo Multimodder

Think i said that 2 pages ago...:hehe:

julianmartin likes this.
  19. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

I indeed agree - thread closed and, in my humble opinion, issue resolved.

Kudos is obviously due to Shuttlemodder for his excellent work in diagnosing this problem and to others for their efforts also.

oscy - your attitude needs an adjustment I feel. From what I can tell Shuttlemodder has offered to diagnose and attempt to fix this motherboard for free and nowhere can I see that you have thanked him for his efforts since the problem was discovered yesterday afternoon. Instead you spent the next few hours accusing phinix of lying and typing out torrents of abuse at other members. Son, I am Disappoint.

20. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

EDIT: GK just closed the thread. nvm.

Last edited: 12 Nov 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.