1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Blogins, 24 Aug 2015.

1. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I've never played this game series.
    What is ti about? Why this guys has something black sticking out his forehead?
    Why there are so many "F.E.A.R." like monsters/weird black things happening there?
    And why this gorgeous girl has black eyes and disappears?
    I saw that bit where she plays with rain water.. daiiimm....:naughty:

2. oscy

oscy Modder

He was in a chopper crash.
    Supernatural enemies.
    Supernatural allies.
    The guy who makes (made) these games is quite a big perv, all his games seem to have titillation and boobs somewhere (even underage ones, Japan's age of consent is 13) and plenty of sexism. That and poop jokes, ho ho.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

you have never played an MGS? :eeek: metal gear 1 and 2 you can kinda skip, start with Metal Gear Solid and work your way up in order.

5 is a bad place to start if you've nfi whats going on.

4. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I'm a sweet graphics junky, so don't want to play old games;)

But I guess it's similar to Splinter Cell series - kinda sad starting from the latest one.

5. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

6. legoman

legoman breaker of things

That is always useful, im only on Mission 8 as im trying a non lethal approach which at times is a ball ache. Kill list so far is two Russian soldiers with a sniper rifle an the two tanks, oh an the truck :s that wasnt in the plan but he deaded.

Random animal find of the day, hedgehog mooching around the crawl spaces under a base. To small to Fulton out so you end up with him in your pocket!

7. Pete J

Pete J Employed scum

Due to my OCD, my extremely slow play style and the fact that I have to capture every outpost I pass, I think I shall be able to complete this game by 2037 (up to mission 10 so far).

@phinix: shh, don't ask questions. Just go with the flow man...

Apparently you can get D-Horse to poo on the road to cause vehicles to crash. I haven't managed to do this yet:also, what?

8. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

its true, you need his relationship bar maxed (just ride him around) road **** will spin out jeeps temporarily knocking everyone in it out, be sure to fulton the jeep before they come to their senses.

9. bagman

bagman Minimodder

I have never played it either. I own Metal gear solid 2 (but never played it), so where can you buy it?

10. legoman

Unlocked my stun sniper rifle earlier along with D Dog then came into the mission capture Quiet, shes annoying till you realise DDog can spot her for you :D Tip, she doesnt respond well to rockets!

11. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

there was a pc port many many moons ago but your better off looking for the original playstation discs as both ps2/3 and i think 4 have ps1 backwards compatibility, make sure you get it in the ORIGINAL cd case.

or you call a supply drop on her head :)

12. Instagib

Instagib Minimodder

Don't kill her with rockets! She's a buddy. You can capture her and she acts as a scout sniper; sending her in ahead of yourself to tag targets in and around outposts. Down side is is she's pretty over powered. And if you don't equip her with a tranq sniper, she'll happily go about headshotting everyone in an outpost as soon as you engage. Extractions at that point are strictly of inanimate objects.

13. creative

creative 500rwhp

I am the same! Hence not finishing Witcher 3 yet. :D

I just hate the thought of going past an outpost and not attacking. lol

14. oscy

oscy Modder

Lethal and non-lethal makes no difference in the Quiet battle. Rockets is the easiest way.

15. suenstar

suenstar Collector of Things

Finally got myself clear from being Demon Snake, it took some major effort to remove that 50,000 points of evil but I now have Big Boss looking back to his regular old Venom Snake appearance.

Finished building all of the platforms for Motherbase as well so now I can focus on getting my division levels increased to unlock more fun equipment. Having some good fun creating custom weapons now that I have the legendary gunsmith too.

If anyone is overpowered it's definitely D-Walker, that thing is just unstoppable when you get its relationship up a bit and can command it to intercept.

Though I must say, she does makes fighting the Skulls so damn easy with her silenced rifle.
    They simply chase me around in circles and as soon as one of them becomes vulnerable, Quiet goes to town on them. :D

Same here really, I can quite happily spend my entire day just wandering around doing side-ops, capturing bases and fultroning wild animals... I even picked up Quiet by total accident through wandering into her area and unknowingly triggering the mission to fight her.
    Now I spend a lot of my time seeking out more A+ and higher soldiers to replace my current men, so far removed all the E and D class and am working on clearing out the C's.

16. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I was reading the rocket comment, and then the supply drop comment, and thought "You're all monsters!"

Then remembered I shot her in the face, then spent so long looking for the unconscious body that I had to shoot her in the face a second time.

Apparently if you tranq her on the top of where she starts, the body moves down to the ground for your extraction convenience. Whoops.

17. legoman

Found this out, I think I was more annoyed at her sniping me to death a few times. Used D Horse to get in closer then swapped to D Dog to spot her an used a rocket at close range.

I need to start being smarter with my kidnapping every sole thing im sat with 72 people in the waiting room at the moment. Place must be enormous! Also what platform is the zoo on? I collected about a half dozen more hedgehogs last night.

18. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Man, what kind of kit do you all carry around that you use rockets?!

Tranq rifle, tranq pistol, assault rifle, C4, live capture cage, stealth doberywhatsit, bandana, sneaking suit, stun arm. That's pretty much all I take, and I'm loath to re-kit in the midst of battle.

And how much **** do you steal, legoman, holy hell. I've got ~1500 staff and never once had anyone in the waiting room

19. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Well, got the key code, so will try it out tonight:)

20. legoman

I see people, I steal people. I usually bait them, snipe out a light so a patrol comes out, Fulton out said patrol and repeat. Amazing how quick you rack up the numbers! I've only just done mission 11 as well :D

Rockets, you always need rockets how else do you blow things up! :naughty:

I only carry them if there are tanks as I cant Fulton those out at the moment. once thats done ill go back to an assault and tranq rifle combo.