1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. Xtreme_Machine

Xtreme_Machine Survivalist

Server is up and running with Bukkit and version 1.3 :D :D :D

Oh btw... you may want to find some Ob..... what's it's called again? Oh heck, i don't know... al i know is you might want to find it! ;)

2. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Damn... Dead Money or MC 1.3.... TOUGH CHOICE

In other news i PM'd Rogan to see if he can help us out with the MPUK server.

3. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

obsidian?

4. JrRRr

JrRRr Minecraft addict

The nether??? :jawdrop:

5. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

it's soooo scary!!:worried:

6. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Okay, i just created a new profile for the MPUK server and we SHOULD be running at 1.3 although without plugins for now. Let me know if i cocked something up.

Thanks again Rogan.

J, YGPM

7. Wicked_Sludge

well done to XM and Dragun for getting the 2 servers up and running on 1.3. both seem to be working well (though i did get d/c'd after attempting to connect to both at the same time :D).

i like that bukkit tells you how many people are online when you log in. the "helpful tips" are a tad annoying though. so far ive been advised not to burn my house down with lava and dont jump into shallow water or lava :lol:

mob spawners DO still work, which im severely relieved for. and the new lighting engine looks nice.

also, F3 is now totally cheating as you can spot mobs through solid surfaces by their mob number.

8. 985323

985323 I am Jack's smirking revenge

HEY The creative server is up!!!!!

9. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

You what? WHAT?
    Creative server is updated? Really? Why did not anyone tell me?

*considers skipping work today...* ... *checks calendar* ... aw crap! ... *ponders possibilitiy for postponing meeting...*

10. Wicked_Sludge

dont get too excited J, its running with no plugins ATM...but at least we can finally play with the new blocks :D

11. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Aww...so no hmod? No cuboid?
    How am I going to be able to do anything without cuboid? ;)

Edit: This is bad timing. According to package tracking I will be getting my second GTX285 tomorrow, which is hardly needed to play Minecraft. Yet I do so desire to play MC now on 1.3 - and I do so desire to mess around with SLI 285s this weekend. Ack, the dilemma will tear me apart!

Last edited: 25 Feb 2011
  12. Wicked_Sludge

no hmod yet. XM is running bukkit on his server and it seems to be running well...so that might be a possibility soon id imagine.

you should definitely play MC this weekend. since the creative server is finally back up after 2 months of non-upgradedness, it means youll have company/distractions for your MC antics for the first time in forever!

13. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

I'm guessing I will play MC.
    I've stayed away from the SMP server, and I have not played SP, so I do not know the new blocks. I am excited to put up some exhibits featuring them in the museum, and of course, having other players around to molest interact with has truly been missed. :D However, apparently the /give command will not work without hmod, and so we will be forced to manually dig stuff out of the ground! Imagine! Manual labour! The horror ... the horror! Of course, the /item command might still work.

14. Xtreme_Machine

/item does not. /give <player> <id> [num] does however :)
    Your name needs to be added to the ops.txt file and then you have access to that command (might need a server restart)

Hooray for vanilla :p

15. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Is it not enough that I am an admin already? ;)
    I was told that /give would not work without hmod, though I may have misunderstood.

16. Xtreme_Machine

No its not, you where admin once, in the hMod days :) Those days are gone now :p
    (what i am trying to say is, you where added to the admin group in hMod, no hMod, no admin)

/give works because it's a native server command. The server looks in the ops.txt to see if your name is in it because the server does not support groups like hMod did.

17. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

Can't connect to minecraft.net
    Hope they fix it before tonight.. I guess I'll have to find something else to do in lunchbreak today.

18. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

:jawdrop:
    But but but...aw damnit. Makes perfect sense of course, so while we await the new hmod on the 28th (presumably) - someone (looking at you Dragunov) will have to re-add me as admin.

19. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

What kind of noobcake do you lot take me for? I did port over the admins, i just might have gotten the format wrong.

Bah.

20. Journeyer

Journeyer Minimodder

Ok ok, my bad. No offence intended... (unless you wanted it to be of course).
    Well, I guess I'm all set for a night of Minecraft then (albeit without cuboid powers). Eeeexcellent. :D