1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. Votick

Votick My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.

No one is losing anything I'm the one with the power (of voodo, who do? the power of the babe... eerr wut)

My server and pano and elliot can't remove anything. XM and me have power over when the server restarts and stops.

I am also admin on the survival server even though I'm not on it often but any queries or comment about things feel free to PM me and I will look into it with XM.

I know Pano can be very annoying but he makes up for it by sorting the survival servers plugins and serving in the war against griefers.
    Which took a huge amount of time when 1.8 was released.

In fact we have put more effort into getting the server running than the official bit-tech server.
    (I'll give them the benefit of the doubt as they are with Multiplay the worst provider in the history of minecraft).

Also it's quite funny how the people complaining aren't as active as other for example MrsFio and JR don't seem to complain and are up to date on whats going on because they get involved more.

Anyway I just pay the bills, speak to XM if you have a problem or me and I can pass it onto him.

Last edited: 30 Sep 2011
  2. heh-

heh- curses.

Thanks for a level headed response Votick - and keep up the good work! :clap:

I have one small criticism - when testing stuff on the server, can you just say a few words on the chat in the server as to whats going on, like 'server resetting for next 30 mins' or something? It's not clear sometimes (even on teamspeak). Thanks :)

3. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

I certainly wouldn't be against people helping either :p I'm going on three days and still not done with the first, granted I'm only spending a couple hours a day on it. It's already got two or three empty rooms ready for some one to move in to!

4. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

+1:clap:

5. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

Geee, i wonder why that could be! I mean, people who are unhappy with the server should be on there all the time! [/sarcasm]

Unlike me, Fio and Jr are nice people, not nearly as confrontational. However i must point out that funnily enough, Jr's post was actually the first that brought up the "admin cheating" issue.

6. Panomama

Panomama I once signed up on uniform dating

I like Jr and Fio though.

7. Wicked_Sludge

Wicked_Sludge My eyes! The goggles do nothing!

its not about like and dislike. offering to host bit-techs services comes with a certain amount of responsibility. XM was more than happy to actually listen to the people that frequent the server. so far the new crew has been 100% less accommodating.

8. 985323

985323 I am Jack's smirking revenge

The survival seems to be down for us here in Canadaland :(

9. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I didn't realize that you live in Edmonton. I was thinking of moving back there, but winter is coming...

I was on the server shearing sheep when all of a sudden I couldn't do anything. And then it was gone.

Oh well, decent night of sleep tonight I guess!

10. 985323

985323 I am Jack's smirking revenge

Seems it's back up now

11. Panomama

It occaisonally crashes doing a backup, if it does its normally up again in a few minutes.

12. Xtreme_Machine

Xtreme_Machine Survivalist

Hello Survivalists,

I had an idea the other day which i think might make things much easier for all of us.

What if we make the world18 (MultiWorld) the main world and the current world(1.7) the/a MW-world?
    So generally speaking we would turn the 1.7 world into some kind of museum which we can still visit but the new players spawn on the 1.8 world and have functioning nether portals again :)

There is only one major drawback i can see which is the nether. The current nether would become the nether for the 1.8 world and because portals do not work on MW the links would be lost on the 1.7 world. I think the portals we would create on this world, will not line-up with the current nether spawn because we moved. So a new Nether spawn needs to be made i guess.

I have talked to #'s, Bogo about it and they are all for. I would like to have you guys' opinion on this :)

13. Panomama

You can do /mw goto world_nether to get to the nether ;)

And look!
    I made it pretty
    [​IMG]

14. Bogomip

Bogomip ... Yo Momma

Pano, how do you make your water look so nice? :O

15. lp rob1

lp rob1 Modder

I am all for it XM - the nether was really only a way to get to places quicker. I don't think anyone actually built there (but I got pretty close to making a house once). We really should have a standard for the nether paths - for example the most common and neat one was fire set back 2 blocks into the wall. And the main passage was partly blocked by two minecart start points.

16. chrisb2e9

Sounds fine to me as I never went into the Nether anyway. I would just be happy if everytime I died I didn't get sent back to the original world...

17. Panomama

That would be solved by swapping the worlds over, making world18 default

18. chrisb2e9

Lets do it!

19. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

Why not wait until 1.9 and then generate a new nether?

20. MrsFio

MrsFio THE Minecraft Woman

+1

yup and a new 1.9 instead of the 1.8 :thumb:
    - all arguments of the 1.8 world wiped away?