1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays New Monitor; 24"ish, nothing too expensive?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by llOriginll, 20 Jul 2011.

1. llOriginll

llOriginll Minimodder

Cool. All this said I think imma gonna settle on picking up a U2311H off the eBay for cheap sometime over the weekend :)

Thanks again everyone ^^

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

This is tricky: if you need the inputs, and improved colors and 16:10, and you have a good price. Yes. If not, the gap between the U2311H and the U2410 isn't as big as a TN panel jump to an IPS. As I don't have both side by side (or have in hand the U2311H) I can't comment on the percentage better. It might be big like very small. But I don't think it will be huge.

Right now, if you want something better than the U2410, you have to do the jump to a professional grade monitor (1000$+)

You have to see my other threads where I explain in an overview level each panel technology.

Thank you, but don't take my word for it, check this forum up. :)

Honestly, I think it worth the extra. Because I look at a product as whole, such as quality, and after sale service (well Dell and LG after sale service is equally good).

3. llOriginll

llOriginll Minimodder

Would said after sale service be worth purchasing it new rather than through eBay? (160 Vs 220 I think)

4. llOriginll

llOriginll Minimodder

5. LennyRhys

LennyRhys Fan Fan

If you really want after sales service/warranty etc then ebay is a no-no.

£199 for that screen is a very good buy - nice work :thumb:

6. Huge

Huge aka Dave

If you are looking for after sale care you don't want to use Aria, I've heard bad reviews about their customer 'care'. But, that is a good price for a new one.

You say ebay is a no-no, I disagree, if you know what you are doing you can get excellent service from ebay. My 22" developed a capacitor whine so I emailed the seller who immediately sent me a new monitor (next day delivery) and paid for mine to be sent back, no questions asked. The new one is perfect, it honestly looks brand new.

7. Xir

Xir Modder

about 100% ;)
    Talking about new screens, yes, you might find a used bargain somewhere, but for calculation, lowest shop prices count ;)

Ah...if you buy off a professional or reseller using Ebay, you've got the same warranties that every "normal" reseller gives you (here in Germany anyway:D ) .
    If you buy a used panel from a private person....good luck, it may be allright.

I'd say most true private sellers don't sell broken stuff, but there's a lot of black sheep, and Ebay isn't keen on differentiating between the two.
    Anyway, if you buy of a professional or reseller, you might as well use amazon marketplace and avoid ebay-costs and paypal shoved up your bum.

8. ResCyn

ResCyn What's a Dremel?

lol, I'd been looking at that U2311H on Aria this morning and had been thinking about picking it up on the way home as it's the last one. Having another would be nice but so would spending the £200 on a new GPU...

9. llOriginll

llOriginll Minimodder

Too late it's mine muhahahahhaha.

Will post what I think of it Monday ^^

10. llOriginll

llOriginll Minimodder

Hilariously there's now 20 in stock, heh.

11. GoodBytes

The new crappy U2410 called the U2412M is out at Dell U.S.

The good news... the U2410 is still there.
    http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/news_archive/24.htm#dell_u2412m_price
    (Ctrl+F5 if you don't see the article)

I am not exited about it, but if you really want 16:10 but can't cash out on the U2410, it might be an option. (6-bit panel, Display Port, DVI and VGA only, white LED back light, plastic stand, and I don't like the design).

12. llOriginll

llOriginll Minimodder

Sounds like they're just going along with 'Market trends' rather than providing 'Market leaders'.

Not good from what I see. Nor do I like the design. I think I'm going to be very happy with my purchase especially in light of the poor relative performance of the new ultrasharps.

13. GoodBytes

Definitly.

14. GoodBytes

Definitely

15. llOriginll

llOriginll Minimodder

THIS SCREEN IS SO GOOD.

(moar review later)

16. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

Did you get a U2311H?

17. Kemp

Kemp Minimodder

Now I want to get one of those... The reviews on Aria are all good too.

18. Huge

Huge aka Dave

If you can afford to and it would benefit you - I would. They are great screens. I use that and other variants at work and at home.

19. Kemp

Kemp Minimodder

I've been using one of these for quite a few years now: http://www.amazon.co.uk/HannsG-HW223D-Widescreen-Black-Silver/dp/B000PGTKBY

I can't say I have any problems with it, but I've been exposed to better ones since and I'm starting to get the itch. Given how hard it can be to find a good one at a decent price sometimes, I'm sort of getting the feeling that if one is available then I should grab it. Of course, the one you linked is only an inch bigger, so the main benefit would be better colour I guess.

20. Kemp

Kemp Minimodder

If I wanted to go bigger, are the rest of the Uxx11 series (such as the U2711) the same quality, or did they do something odd with the numbering that I should watch out for?