1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multi No Man's Sky

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by iancowell, 9 Aug 2016.

1. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Well-Known Member

The buried tech things for your base sell for a good amount. Seems a bit imba compared to other non refined items. This is the first time I've played it, so I think it is awesome after all these major updates.

2. oscy

oscy Active Member

Can anyone copy/paste their TKGRAPHICSSETTINGS contents?

My game's been stuttering quite a bit but the solutions talk about adjusting lines that aren't even there.

3. N17 dizzi

N17 dizzi Well-Known Member

I have not been at my PC but I will next chance I get

4. oscy

oscy Active Member

Don't worry, it doesn't matter now. Deleting it generates a new one, but I had been looking at the folder where my first standalone game was, but now I'm using GOG Galaxy so it's in a different folder.

5. daveypro

daveypro Member

Wait til you find Ancient Bones or Salvageable Scrap planets, Kerching,

after that its off to the activated indium farms, i wont spoil it by telling you how but when you get there......MONEH!

kind of bored now i have everything....guess i am not that much of an explorer.

ahh havent ridden animals yet. thats tonights plan.

tried to quote n17 dizzi but failed.

6. oscy

oscy Active Member

I spent too long last night going back and forth to get tritium to turn into deuterium to turn both into friagte fuel. I spent my money on frigates and bah gawd I'm gonna fuel them up with 500 fuel for at least 1 journey.

There wasn't rreally anything to spend it on anyway. I'm not getting a new ship as, while mine is small, it already had all the hyperdrives and other tech from week 1 years ago, and anything notably bigger is crazy money.

I'm just trying to go through the missions now without getting distracted, then maybe I'll explore a bit more, then that'll be me good for another few years.

7. oscy

oscy Active Member

Ugh, I think I've tried all the 'fixes' but I still get the odd occasion where it freezes and then slows down until I turns shadows down, and still it'll eventuall freeze completely. Not every time, but often enough after a while. And this is with a 980 TI.

8. oscy

oscy Active Member

That's me done for another few years. Now I've played about 100 hours of it in total.

I did the story missions. It was better than launch week 1 (when portals didn't even work let alone have a story attached to them) and it's nice to see Polo and Nada have upgraded their space station big time... I suspect all the people there who don't say anything new will end up doing something in later updates.

Still an anticlimactic ending. It's like cutscenes are missing, and there's certainly no closure. I guess it was kinda pointless but oh well. It was great how meta it was and was based on real life. (Particularly trying to meet up with the other guy and you're in the same spot but can't see each other!)

I stopped not long after finishing the 'story' as I think I've seen everything. It's hard to remember how it was in week 1, other than my ship always conveniently launching straight into orbit from lift off. In my head there was more variety in planets back then, I still remember specific planets and my adventures on them from 2016, but now thanks to the internet I know planets are quite samey and have a handful of categories and I think I've seen them all.

I have a big fleet of frigates now. Those freighter missions made me rich quick so now I have over 100m units but nothing to really spend it on. I kinda wanna do like in X3, invade an AI-controlled sector with my fleet and have an epic space battle.

Turns out the stuttering and freezing was from the memory used starting at 5.5GB, and my GPU is 6GB. I never thought this game would be so demanding today.