1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Osama Bin Laden Dead

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Volund, 2 May 2011.

1. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

You have more faith than I do, I'm betting they're still sifting through people's taxes without nearly enough employees to get anything done on time because the public sector simultaneously wants things done faster yet also with less money spent and the poor people actually doing the work are stuck on mandatory overtime to make that happen.

So maybe that's a little mini-rant breaking through. :lol: Point is, some people seem overly confident in the US government's supposedly limitless power.

2. nell

nell What's a Dremel?

i guess because it was a secret. sort of. and that was the excuse they used to topple a few bildings and invade a coupla countries. try as you may, you will never convince me otherwise. so bin laden is dead and america won the war. what a load of old tosh. pathetic. 5000000000000000000trillion dollars to kill the c. aaaarrrrrgggggghhhhhhhh!

Last edited: 4 May 2011
  3. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Out of curiosity do you have actually have a tinfoil hat?

4. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Ahem, this is the USA we're talking about, not Israel.

5. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

They had better have.

No idea how it is now, but when SEAL 6 was formed their 60 guys fired more ammo for training each year than the entire US Marine Corps did. Something like 200+ rounds per man per DAY.

6. nell

nell What's a Dremel?

i don't think so but i wouldn't knock it off anyones head if i saw one. now that you mention it, there is some sort of cool metal about my being. i shan't tell you where i saw it sort of thing, as i'll keep it a secret. :)

oh, and eureka ! waterboarding is cool.

7. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

To the ones who say they didn't kill him, i can say only one thing... Elvis is still alive as well. :worried::cooldude:

8. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

He and JFK have an apartment together in the Haight :p

9. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

[​IMG]

Word.

10. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

^^^ Epic film. :D

11. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Put a cap on him and it would be JHanlon! :jawdrop:

12. Jumeira_Johnny

Jumeira_Johnny 16032 - High plains drifter

What makes you think it isn't?

13. TARIKK

TARIKK Minimodder

Another fired employee...

14. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

The proof that he's dead is the fact that if he happens to turn up again and do another broadcast, then the US government would look like complete idiots. Unless, you suspect he's being detained for interrogation?

Anyways, this is what they supposedly used: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-13276467

Last edited: 4 May 2011
  15. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

If this has been brought up previously I apologise, but has anyone considered that he was unarmed when he was shot? I know that in the heat of a raid only so much information is provided and to quarterback this from afar is not always going to be fair. However given this was the case and there has been no comment about him reaching for a weapon should this be given consideration. Sure he’s dead and lots of people that’s great but wouldn’t putting him on trial be the true way of achieving justice. If he could of been captured which is what it sounds like why wasn't he? If they couldn't of captured him and they wished to stop another attack then killing has its place but this doesn't seem like that situation.

(I personally think killing someone for justice is a bit like ****ing for virginity. eg doesn't provide real justice and tbh is a easy let off. If I had a choice for a set of murders I had commited between life (70 years) and execution I know what I would choose.)

16. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

You do realize everyone in those planes and buildings were un armed. Can you imagine how long drawn the courts would have been.

Sorry I have no pity with this one

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

17. AcidJiles

AcidJiles Minimodder

So if all those in the towers happened have concealed weapons on them and perhaps some even fired at the planes to try and stop them you would feel differently about this?

Justice does not come from killing those you believe to have done something horrible without trial if the opportunity presents itself. If bank robbers fire at police and are killed then fine no trial could be held and others were put in danger. In the case of bin laden if there have been several bank robberies all with the innocents deaths at them by foreign bank robbers (unecessarily so, by this I mean not in cross fire but for the fun of it and to give a message) and police (armed of course) stormed their hideaway if they didn't have weapons and didn't significantly resist would they not deserve a fair trial rather than being shot on site? Bin Laden may have commited terrible atrocities of larger magnitudes than the bank robbers but does he as a human deserve a fair trial or do we stoop to his level and lose our humanity by our actions?

18. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Well, it was also said he was hiding behind a woman. How can you be sure he hasn't a gun there ? She could be taken as a "hostage" too (in a "if you don't let me go i'll kill her" way, no matter she was his wife)...

You know, many on internet are keyboard rambos, but in real situation they would run away ASAP.

19. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Although I agree in principle, having him at gunpoint is one thing; getting him to surrender, onto the chopper and back to the ship is another. This is not about justice --it's about sending a political message. And anyway, you reap what you sow: if you go around indiscriminately killing innocent civilians what do you think the response will be? The measure of a man is not just in his actions, but also how he deals with the consequences.

Justice? Perhaps not by our standards. Pragmatic? Definitely.

20. smart201

smart201 What's a Dremel?

havent they stated today they have photo's of him dead .... carnt wait to seem um
    bloody amazing what photoshop can do these day's lol