Osama Bin Laden Dead

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Volund, 2 May 2011.

1. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

wait what?

2. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Rationality is overrated, apparently.

It's amazing how this man, even in death, has so much power to bring out the worst elements in our society :sigh:

3. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

So they announce to the world that Osama Bin Laden is dead when he really isn't and what? Just hope that he plays along and doesn't release one of his tapes showing that he's still alive? What interest would Osama Bin Laden have in assisting the US Government taking away even more rights from US citizens?

As for your 911 conspiracy claims they've all been gone over in great detail in the past and shown time and time again to be nonsense. I am a little interested tho in how you think Osama had nowhere near the resources to hijack a few airliners and fly them into buildings. What sort of resources do you think he'd need that he didn't have?

4. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

5. Cthippo

Probably not all that impressive. My understanding is that they were getting video feed from a predator overhead.

This op could have gone wrong in so many ways and involved a fair bit of risk, both physical for those involved and political for those who ordered it. It could have ended up as another Blackhawk down or another Desert one, and in fact we did lose a helicopter in the process.

6. Ending Credits

Ending Credits Bunned

one US soldier > one helicopter, even the Americans understand this, now if only we could extend that to civilian life too.

7. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

8. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

I lol'd when I saw the 'mansion' on the TV. A mansion in Pakistan is a lot different to a mansion over here.

9. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I can't say I'm sorry to hear that this has happened, I mean, he wasn't exactly going to come peacefully or surrender himself, was he? Still, I hardly think it gives the families of his thousands of victims much closure.

Not sure if it's been discussed yet, but was this a total black bag op? From what I saw on the news, nobody in Pakistan knew this was happening until it had been done.

10. patrickk84

patrickk84 What's a Dremel?

I don't believe anyone in Pakistan knew of this. Very few if any. Hell, Pakistani Generals lived in the same community that this took place in... Why would we tell them what we were planning? Ha!

11. smart201

smart201 What's a Dremel?

proved to be nonsense by who ? the media? well they would say that wouldnt they , goverments don't tell the truth the sooner people who carnt see this FACT open there shut minds the better.

12. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Amazing what the Americans can do when the Playstation Network is down.

Pete J and Sloth like this.
  13. Cthippo

We didn't, which was one way it could have gone really really badly. They didn't know who these folks in helicopters flying around in the middle of the night were and in fact scrambled fighters to intercept.

All they knew was that someone swooped into a neighborhood in helicopters, shot the crap out of a house, and took off again, possibly with hostages. While the ISI may (or may not) have known who lived there, the local air defense people almost certainly didn't. You can see the headlines if a Paki F-16 or SAM battery had shot down the team on the way out.

I bet Dick Marcinko is feeling pretty good tonight.

14. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

So, it would be nice if this was like cutting the head off a Snake. But I think there's going to be a kick back soon. As reported he's no longer the leader of the Taliban so whoever is left is going to be mightily pissed right about now.

15. Xir

Xir Modder

You sir, were either a great guesser, or very well informed (looking at the timestamp of your post ;)

16. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

they have Nukes don't they? ... what do you think

17. leveller

leveller Yeti Sports 2 - 2011 Champion!

Well if they do go that route I'm not interested and offer no support. Osama's hatred developed over time. His dealings with us date back to the 70's? This story certainly didn't start with the towers, nor the ship, nor hotel bombings and nightclubs. This goes way back to when everything was sweet between him and us. We created him. We betrayed him? We certainly did something to have his wrath turn from the ruskies to us. I think these war games need to stop.

18. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

We've got a bit of Jack Nicholson's Joker vs Michael Keaton's Batman.... "You made me" .... "You made me first"....

19. Bungletron

Bungletron Minimodder

An interesting theory I have uncovered:

Osama Bin Laden has been held and monitored at Abbottabad for several years by covert US agencies and without the knowledge of top members of the US executive, he may have known he was captive or more likely believed his minders/jailers (actually US covert intelligence operatives) were his allies. This was done in order to gather intelligence from him. The facility is a US safe house secretly built without Pakistan's knowledge. Once Bin Laden was deemed as no longer being useful his execution was staged, the president was allowed to act on 'new' inteligence given to him and order the raid currently being reported in the world's media. This strategy allows the US to fully debrief the terrorist mastermind and avoid fallout from any capture and trial, at all points the US executive retains complete deniability.

20. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

I just wet myself at that. Seriously big tinfoil hat needed to believe that it was all an intelligence ploy.