1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project "Beanie's Vapo-Li" Window Pics - 26 September 04

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by MrBean, 5 Jul 2004.

1. P2D

P2D 99.999% Pure Spam!

wow.. that is amazing, it must have taken you HOURS to do all the wire-management! it puts me to shame, ill definatly be following this, great work and :rock: on

`P2D

2. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Thanx for the feedback....it is really quite an effort to do a good sleeving job on the cables, and route them properly, but, my main aim was to make the backside of the case as presentable as the front. So far I guess it is looking ok, now I need to focus on whatever eye-candy I need to make the mod a success....

I don't want to overpower the case with lights, etc.....just a clean look, with subtle lighting....and few gimmicks. No fanbus controllers, etc, as all fan-speed controls are done via the VapoLS control unit, from within Windoze.

Need to do the window cutouts, but still not exactly sure which design I want.....have a few ideas, but not to keen on them....that is why I am dragging my feet on actioning this item.....but, I will do something neat and unique...

Feedback/input/critisism as always appreciated. :D

Talk to you later, I am off to bed now. :)

3. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Have to say it's a very nice mod so far. Puts most people's cable organisation to shame and it's certainly inspired me to work more on the insides of my case.

Wizard Designs ship all over the world.

4. ModKid

ModKid What's a Dremel?

Bean u got my pm?

Ima getting my lightspeed hopefully next week, wonders me if Asetek ships as fast as they did with the waterchill sets I got. Anyway ( bought the vapochill, ima not getting it for free :( ).

See if rocks as much as you say so :p

5. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Darv: Thanx for the comments, I have seen some good cable management done in the Alu-Matrix project, think it was by Holly, and a few others, and this inspired me to be neat.

Post us some piccies of your setup, and let's see what it looks like. Maybe we can give a few suggestions, etc :D

ModKit: I did receive your PM, thought I replied to it..... :idea: stupid me, sorry.

I am glad you ordered your LS, it is really a powerfull setup, I think the max capability of the unit will only be realized with the next gen cpu's.....as proven by Bowman's independant review.

I know basically all of Scandinavia is "closed" for summer holidays, they should be back in action within the next week again. Asetek might be running on skeleton staff, maybe you're lucky and get it soon.....I'll hold my thumps.

Let me know when you get it, and if it performs according your expectations.

Baie Groete,
    Jou Vriend MrBean (Ek Hoop jy verstaan Afrikaans, naby aan Nederlandse taal)

6. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Hello Guys,
    Ok, I have been wondering where to get decent modders mesh, or similar....well, for my South African friends, I have discovered MeshCape , a manufacturer of all different kinds of mesh, woven stainless wiremesh, expanded metal in both mild/stainless steel and aluminium....even acrylic mesh...you can also get punched sheets with different patterns etc....go check it out.

They are about 5km from my house, in Pinetown (Durban), so I will visit them Wednesday morning to look at their huge assortment of mesh products, and decide what to get.

Need something to go ontop of the radiator, and make it look neat. Will keep you posted as to what I am getting, and now have an idea for my front grills on both the case and the Vapo housing, as well as the side grills on the VapoLS housing.....going to look quite...err....different.....wait and see.... :)

7. ModKid

ModKid What's a Dremel?

Yeah Asetek hasn't really been co-operative with email, d0h. mailed them three times but no response yet. I want to know if my money got somewhere where it belonged lol.

yeah I understood what you said, it aint perfect dutch but understandable :) cheers.

8. coccis-wez

coccis-wez What's a Dremel?

i got aluminium mesh on my case, behind some cuts and in the front, looks real great, so i recomends it ;)

9. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

I love the wire management on this, and how its not just one set of wires, its every possible wire. I can't help but think though, all the watercooling is going to throw off the ultra clean appearance though. If all the tubes are at exact angles, then the look will be preserved, but if they are looping here and there, its gonna look kinda bizarre to me. Also the large vapor tube would need to be going at definite angles too if possible. I know some of this may not be possible, but its just my thoughts. But hey, I didn't think anybody could wire this cleanly before I saw this case, so I'm not worried, you'll make it work.

edit: another thing, if there was any other possible place to relocate the VapoLS control chip I would do it. If you removed the empty hdd rack, it would make the whole case look that much cleaner. I have both of my hdd racks removed in my chieftec style case and it clears that interior up so much, can't imagin how much better it would make the Lian Li look.

Last edited: 27 Jul 2004
  10. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Hello Everyone,
    Ok, I am only receiving my expanded metal mesh on Friday.....the metal Company had no stock, so they had to order it......they have in mild and stainless steel, but I decided to get it in Aluminium.....so, I can only finish of the rad section on the weekend.

No hurry, as sometimes Projects go quick, other times you have to relax and wait to get the better goodies....to make for a better end-result :)

Coccis-wez: Have you got a linky to your Case? I think I saw it a while back, with mesh behind the window, looked really nice.....was it yours?

Gigantor: Yip, it should look clean with the drive-cage removed, but that would mean me rewiring quite a lot...and I will rather not. But, I have another idea to make it look at least more sleek.....

Will keep you guys posted, thanx for all your input, I will post piccies again on the weekend.

Bye.

11. coccis-wez

coccis-wez What's a Dremel?

Doesnt belive that it was my case, cus i havent got any pics of the case after my recent mods, but as soon i get a camera i will post a link to some pics it ;)
    not 100% finsihed yet, but almost

12. GigantoR

GigantoR What's a Dremel?

Sounds good, I wouldn't want to mess with that great wiring either ;). Keep up the good work.

13. ModKid

ModKid What's a Dremel?

any new updates bean? Can't wait to see some fluid running in your lian :D

Btw what specs are you running?

here's a shot of mine, this wasn't stable though, just a screenshot for the ghz addicts :) ( motherboard not capable of delivering higher voltages which i need to get this cpu stable ) it runs at 4.07ghz right now @ around -20 a -22 cpu and rad fan @ 70% and the exhaust fan @ 40%, no probs.

ps: the 4ghz with the vapo classic wasn'st stable at all !!

[​IMG]

Last edited: 30 Jul 2004
  14. nastynate

nastynate What's a Dremel?

hey, if youre still looking for that aqua computer grill you can get it here: http://snt-systems.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21_30 all of the aqua-computer stuff is incredable. the twinplex water blocks are sick. if you get in touch with them (und sprechen deutsch) they'll custom build you components out of pure silver (conducts heat 2x better, +$70) if you havnt already you should deffinatly look into them.

15. nastynate

nastynate What's a Dremel?

16. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Hello Nastynate,
    Thanx for the linkie, will check it out.

The Project is still continuing, everyone, just been hectically busy at work and away from home for 2-3 weeks, but things are settling down again, I will post some updates during the coming week.

Watercooling for the gfx is coming together nicely, rad fitted to top panel, mesh and filter in place, will post piccies soon.

I also manage to purchase a HP L1925 19" LCD for my setup, with a 2nd one on it's way....need a decent dual-lcd setup for this rig..... :D

In the meantime, have fun, and enjoy your Sunday.

Br,
    MrBean.

17. noobidoo

noobidoo What's a Dremel?

where is the update???? :wallbash: :wallbash:

18. ModKid

ModKid What's a Dremel?

yeah bean, hurry up, we want pics.

19. MrBean

MrBean Minimodder

Hello Everyone,
    Ok, finally a few updates.
    I have managed to fit the watercooling to the gfx card, with new rad fitted to the roof of the box.

here is a few pics:

[​IMG]
    and no2:
    [​IMG]

Here is what kept me busy the last few weeks...sorting my desktop out to fit my 2 new 18" LCD screens :)
    [​IMG]

The left hand screen is for my new Linux box, which uses a Coolermaster stacker, Gigabyte K8NSNXP mobo, with 3400+ A64 Clawhammer and 1gig Hyper-X. I am running SuSE9.1 Pro on it at the moment :)
    [​IMG]

So, a lot of cash had to go to my Linux Project, but, the P4 Vapo-Li is still going strong. I only need to put in some good time now, and do the exterior mods....fortunately not much money involved from here on....whew.....

I purchased some 10mm stainless steel tubing, it will replace the ugly asetek clear soon...just testing out for leaks, performance etc.

any ideas?

Br,
    MrBean.

Last edited: 17 Sep 2004
  20. Leeum

Leeum What's a Dremel?

Excellent, look forward to seeing your next project also :D