1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project Black Narcissus: 2006 FIN:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 28 Jun 2004.

1. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

Sclodion

I believe the best set up is to have the pump drawing it's water from the tank, since the tank has enough water to give it a 100% constant water supply.
    almost everyone has this set up -> water tank --> pump --> radiator --> water blocks --> water tank --> pump --> etc..

then.. i don't think it would matter much, but i would set it ut so the water draws water from the inlet on the top, then pushes it out of the bottom one. because then the water wouldn't have to fight against gravity in addition to the small pipes inside the radiator.. it probably won't have much to say though...

2. Sclodion

Sclodion What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the reply. The fass-o-matic hereafter called the FOM to save much typing, is really only in the system for show. The pump has a tank-o-matic header tank attached to it, so the flow will go pretty muc as you suggest, res->pump->block1->block2->FOM->rad and back to tank.

So i guess thats another thing i never thought of, is it OK to have reservoirs?

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

FOM->header tank->pump->block1->block2->rad->FOM is what I'd suggest
    Not to be rude but I'd suggest you start your own thread, you're kinda taking over. But welcome to the forums!

Oh by the way, really great idea with that... whatever it is... that you're running the tubing through. Honestly I kinda like the aluminum or steel or whatever it is as it is- it seems to match the inside of the case pretty well and I'd hate to go blind looking at all that chromage :hehe: I'd at least try a mock-up fit first just to see if you like it once you get it drilled before you get it chromed.

4. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Perhaps you are correct. I have the unit finished (need to take a few pictures) and will do a mock-up tomorrow.

5. modsquad

Man, I was counting on this program..I see (from a few other forums) you are looking for answers.. I hope you can get jaLCD to work..Please keep my up to speed on this Sho...Thanks in advance..

6. modsquad

1. I would think this would be fine.
    2. Doesn't matter.
    3. No, nothing special to drain the loop.
    4. No CAD for me (I am old school) measure twice, cut/drill once...Sorry

7. modsquad

AQ spare parts III

I finished up the Aqua-Computer external radiator mounting bracket, which will serve as a cover plate for the back side of the 5.25" bay area.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I then started work on the AQ 120mm radiator grill. I needed to cut-out for the hard drive's power and SATA cables. My hard drives will accept power from a standard molex or 15 pin SATA plug. The location of the SATA motherboard and power connections are side-by-side, which would require cutting two of the grill's bars in a very visible loaction. So, I decided to use the "old fashioned" molex connect to power the drives. That way I would not change the "look" of the grill as much.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I also decide to take firehed's advice and do a "complete area" mock-up before going ahead with the chrome plating for the two units. NOTE I also have the red acrylic side panel in place in the following pictures....but I misplaced the stainless mounting bolts for it!! (can't find them)...O-Well..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have to say I am happy with the way it looks, but as I have more parts for the chrome guy (for my other project) I could get these two plated "for free".. I still have to come up with a way to attach the AQ grill to the case (I am thinking velcro), but that is for another day........

Last edited: 15 Sep 2008
  8. fohkus

fohkus What's a Dremel?

um... you have a pimp case.. gosh damn

9. KAMIKAZE-FREAK

KAMIKAZE-FREAK What's a Dremel?

masterfull!!!
    just unbelievably masterfull!!!

10. greywolf

greywolf What's a Dremel?

You should be very happy, that looks great. The red plexi does a nice job of covering the drive cages and adding a bit of color. With the two new pieces chromed, it's going to be blinding! The red plexi on the drive cage is begging for some sort of design/graphic/case badge, understated of course. Perhaps a metal cutout, chromed standing off the center, backlit with a white LED?

Looking really good!

11. modsquad

Thanks for the idea, but I like the "plain look" of the red acrylic. Sometimes less is more.......

12. greywolf

Well of course your right. Just had that odd bit of misplaced inspiration.

13. Yaik

Yaik What's a Dremel?

great looking mod man, good job!

14. modsquad

Greywolf, I hope I did not offend.. I need ideas from " high-end" mod-dudes like yourself (your project Pinky2 is great) to keep BN moving forward. I may not use the idea but the input is the reason I started this project log....
    I ran across some VERY COOL Aqua-Computer prototype/extreme cooling stuff on the German AQ forum..
    [​IMG]
    I will post more pictures in Extreme Cooling tomorrow...........They have some RAM H20 Blocks I would kill for.....
    MS
    http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=76476

15. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Very nice looking! that grill came out quite nicely if you ask me :thumb:

16. Acid Burn

Acid Burn ..look but don't touch..

can you give us a link to that forum?

17. modsquad

18. greywolf

Absolutely no offense taken at all! Any opinions or ideas I might spout are freely given and entirely up to you as to their use/weight. It's your design and vision after all! I am by no means offended. If you don't mind me suggesting thing, I don't mind that you don't use them :).

19. modsquad

Tomorrow

I have my work lined-up (literally) for tomorrow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Play "hide the wires" for the two CCFL sets and a few LED's.. and cut the red acrylic screen for the Aqua-Computer Aquaero VFD..Speaking of AQ and SNTsystems (the only US distributor).. More delays (5) months for a black Aquaero face plate,
    [​IMG]
    and a month for a Nvidia Geforce6800 H20 Block
    [​IMG]

UPS tracking says SNT's "big package" is in Philadelphia..So perhaps I get my stuff next week.. You maybe asking yourself "what about MS's Innovatek NV40 GPU block?? he polished it and installed it on the video card".. Well when I purchased the Innovatek it was the only game in town..A few weeks later Aqua-Computer came out with there AquagraFX6800..I have a love affair with all things AQ..So I needed one...what can I say.. Until tomorrow.

20. ReFredzRate

ReFredzRate Relix Headshot!!

Nice gear you got there. I especially like the GPU cooler a lot. It looks quite a lot nicer than my simple waterblock :rolleyes: