1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project : CopperHead: 6/4/09 Orange:

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by modsquad, 27 Jul 2008.

1. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

Thanks guys..
    You know that little "mesh-mod" was an afterthought. My only intention was to prepare the MB for my patented reverse-wiring® ... Just kidding Mino, your comment is the highest-praise anyone can pay me. Building a cool computer and not hiding as much wiring as possible would be a waste of time and effort. No matter how you cable-sleeve wiring (IMHO) it's still an eye-sore.
    The reverse-wiring works every time/every case.. As long as you have some room (about 15mm) behind the motherboard.

@ Langer: I am typing at you on Narcissus.. Still in service. Everyday. The only problem I have had (just about a week ago) is that it's Aqua-Computer aquaero display stopped working correctly. It was just reading out gibberish instead of flow rates and temps, I unplugged it in fear it would harm something else in the machine. I will just purchase a new one and plug it in (the reason I never alter stock computer wiring in my machines)..

Good news.. I am going to get a "kickass" tax return this year. I should be able to purchase a good-amount of parts for this project-puzzle. I am temped to start ordering gear today. But history has taught me not to "count my chickens before they hatch"..
    At this moment in time, it's best to wait.. My guess is that something is going to go-wrong and that money will fall in the black-hole that is my life.. :worried:
    Thanks one and all..
    MS

Last edited: 25 Mar 2009
  2. Langer

Langer Jesse Lang

Hahahaha.

I hear that man, Prometheus has had me fluttering on the brink of poverty for some time now... I've poured WAY more into it than I had planned. It hit a point where I decided to make no compromise regardless of expense... and I'm going back to school Mar 3rd - so funding will plummet drastically in a couple weeks. Bummer about the aquaero, but it's great to see that Narcissus (could you have a picked a harder name to spell?!?! lol) is still in use. I won't have the benefit of hot swapping parts without near complete disassembly - which I'm not overly excited about.

Goodluck with the tax return mate - I really want to see this project kickass after pulling the plug on your Indian Larry tribute. I grew up around choppers and old bikes so the IL tribute excited me. Man, those were some expensive components you collected for that mod. What did you end up doing with all that - I hope you have a bike to put it to use on.

3. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

Speaking about old MS mod project, my favoirite is the Soylent Green, too bad that most of the pics are gone :-(
    This year I hope you will have a big tax refound, I was hoping the same last year, but the luck was not with me...

4. modsquad

They are all still there BUT, about four months back photobucket changed the way they want pictures tagged. I have to go back and edit every post to fix the issue. I have been going "a page here and a page there".. It's very time consuming, the project has about 500 pictures..:wallbash:
    I will get it fixed ASAP. Glad people are still interested in the old projects. If you want to look at all my project pictures (there are over 4000)...

go to Photobucket
    log on : jeffrey9
    password : bn

5. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

6. headala

headala What's a Dremel?

MS, still loving the project! Great news about the tax return! Now get stimulatin' (the economy, that is)!

7. modsquad

Foxconn cleaned that board up. It looks much better. It's funny, they removed and upgraded just what I did. I am glad it includes no important hardware upgrades. I would hate to see my MB become obsolete before I could even power it up. Not glad about the lower-price.. BUT, what's done is done.
    MS

8. Degenerate83

Degenerate83 What's a Dremel?

Mods i completley agree with you!!! since we both had this board wit will be interesting to see what they do... aint powered mine up yet either...... will be interestin to see what they send me back actually as have had to send it back for repair!!

but otherwise i really am loving this build alot off my inspiration has come from your build....

degen

9. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

Hey, MS, you give me a good saturday night, now I'll go to photobucket and save all your pics , beginning with SG mod, i'm in love with the green skulls, really tnx a lot!

10. modsquad

Glad to oblige Mino. Be sure to drink some beers while saving those pictures, that's mandatory. There are about 4000 pictures, so it might take you some time. Have a great weekend one and all..
    My only suggestion:

GET Rhythm
    Please do so.. :thumb:
    MS

Last edited: 29 Mar 2009
  11. Mino

Mino Ganzerli Mino

Last night, pics by pics, beer by beer, I've finished 9 Guinness....
    Lol, I'm near drunk even now :)

12. .Fatality.

.Fatality. What's a Dremel?

hehe:thumb::duh:

13. modsquad

Not an update, but a progress report:
    I have about $250US in parts coming in from Performance-PCs
    The box should be in my hands Thursday or Friday.
    MUCH thanks to Hank and the good folks at Performance-PCs. Without there help, this project would be one of those "on hold" project logs..
    Stuff I had to pay cash for:

[​IMG]

from McMaster-Carr
    copper sheet, washers and tools of the trade.
    There is an outside possibility I could get this stuff before the end of the week. If that happens, I will get some work-done over the weekend. If nothing else, I will show you the stuff-received from performance.
    keep your fingers crossed for actual cutting and drilling this weekend..:dremel:
    MS

14. The boy 4rm oz

The boy 4rm oz Project: Elegant-Li

Nice order, can't wait for progress.

15. alpha_prime

alpha_prime What's a Dremel?

16. modsquad

April-showers:

Things worked out very-well for me this week.
    The package from Performance-PCs arrived yesterday. It's contents:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    bits-fittings, I will need these at the radiator. Space is "tight", these will help..
    da-drive:
    [​IMG]
    water-block:
    [​IMG]
    I am now locked in
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ATI 4870.. what a great block Heatkiller

[​IMG]
    the first little-mod.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    paint:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I will keep the case-location of this little analog temp-gauge to myself for the time-being..
    The package from McMaster arrived today..
    Some polished copper sheet and copper M4 washers:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    these are cool..
    The Evercool mod:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    IMHO, these are the best looking fans on the planet. This will be the machines 80mm exhaust fan..
    [​IMG]
    paint
    and polish:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

DIRTY-WORK
    [​IMG]
    sanding and polishing..:wallbash:
    BUT, the end-result looks pretty-cool (IMHO)....
    U need:
    [​IMG]
    Like So:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    FIN

17. brinkz0r

brinkz0r Minimodder

That GPU block looks terribly nice :jawdrop: The polishing is a great job also, my polishing is not nearly as good.

18. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Love the work on the fans, as well as the thermometer mini-mod.
    :thumb:

19. Attila

Attila still thinking....

Great work on that fan frame, it looks great and the work must have been mind
    numbing. :thumb:

20. Odin Eidolon

Odin Eidolon What's a Dremel?

lovely awesome fan frame! :clap: they look kickass

Tags: