1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xbox One The Xbox One Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by samkiller42, 21 May 2013.

1. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Hum, so there's rumours abound about MS dropping the price of the One weeks after launch, but nowwwww. The One wont be supplied with a Headset.

I'm almost half tempted to hold off my pre-order and wait to see if the price drop does happen.

Sam

2. rollo

rollo Modder

There's 1 reason we won't see a price drop both consoles will be difficult to obtain and it will likely be the middle of next year before we are talking price cuts for either console.

This Christmas launch idea means both will be on most kids wanted lists so they will be extremely tough to acquire and that is going to mean demand outstrips supply in most countries you don't reduce a price on a product you can not make enough off.

3. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

Well, from what i remember, the PS4 wasn't due for release in the UK till 2014 anyway, which might have been due to supply.

Sam

4. Blademrk

Blademrk Why so serious?

Their not supplying a headset because they think the Kinect does the job (tbh, I'd prefer a headset).

5. law99

law99 Custom User Title

6. VipersGratitude

VipersGratitude Multimodder

Slight deviation, but I happened to watch this, a "documentary" on this history of Sonic. Why is this related? Because it discusses Sega's marketing tactics against Nintendo. You might find it worth watching if you're interested to see if history will repeat itself.

7. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

8. rollo

rollo Modder

Microsoft have confirmed launch country's for 2013. Biggest shock is no Japan on the list they are on the tier2 country list instead of tier1 seems to me like another crazy decision from Microsoft.

Alot of eu country's are also not on the 2013 launch list.

Rest of Asia is down for late 2014

9. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Microsoft has never done well in Japan, with the 360 selling even less than the original Xbox.

It's home turf for Sony and Nintendo, and the America-centric design and marketing which has already gotten criticism from some UK and EU citizens doesn't help.

10. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Does the new Xbox have an external power brick? Eh?

11. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Yes, yes it does. Nobody is saying how big it is though. It also appears that the PS4 has an internal PSU again, which makes me wonder how MS can make a physically larger box and still not fit the PSU inside.

EDIT: Prototype here - http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=560781

12. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I haven't been paying attention, but glancing up the thread...have we still not got any concrete hardware specs yet? :(

13. CrazyJoe

CrazyJoe Modder

Specs don't matter. :lol:

14. chrismarkham1982

chrismarkham1982 Multimodder

He has a point though despite some of what he said being taken out of context (this was explained in another article which I cant be bothered to find tbh)
    Both are pretty much identicle internally expcept for the RAM and number of cpu cores, performance wont be that different despite what some people say and being consoles, you can bet that 99% of cross platform games will look and play identicaly with the difference being console specifics like MS cloud or exclusive content etc...
    Surely this then means that the only factor for someone looking for a games console is both console's exclusive titles?

this was well documented weeks ago, nothing unusual or underhand going on, a few quotes for you

also it was confirmed that it was the games developers decisions to use pc's or whatever.

15. law99

law99 Custom User Title

That doesn't sit well with the Japanese if I remember rightly back to the 360 launch. Of course, it probably just annoys most people rather than to stereotype a nation. But I do think I heard that it was scorned upon over there that an external PSU was needed which also inflated the size and inferred to those that cared, that it wasn't particularly the best designed piece of equipment out there. (Took less than a year for them to be proved right as well... imagine if they had put the PSU in there)

I think that is fair enough. Especially as they are going to be so similar this time. But then at the same time, if architecturally, development is easier, perhaps those small scale tipping numbers could make a difference... who knows.... I'm still not buying either... just interesting to see how it plays out.

16. rollo

rollo Modder

Depends how long both last if its another 7 year cycle the ps4 will eventually have better looking games as the xbox one will max out quicker.

If its a 3-4 year cycle then we will likely not see a huge amount of dif between the games.

17. chrismarkham1982

Now confirmed that MS have decided to bundle a headset with X1 now, id rather a battery pack or 2nd controller tbh.

18. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Confirmed where? I'm not seeing this on any of my regular gaming news sites...

EDIT: Also appears that the XBone is falling down Amazon UK's bestseller's list. It peaked at #3 in Videogames (PS4 was #1), but today the PS4 is at #5 and the Xbone has dropped to #12. Looks like the sales for the PS4 are definitely higher.

19. chrismarkham1982

20. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Well, to be honest, i am surprised there were a lots of people preordering ANY of the consoles in the first place.