1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TribalOVERKILL's LiquiD EVOLUTION

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tribaloverkill, 3 Jun 2007.

1. Teyber

Teyber ******

hit the nail on the head....

2. hagatha

hagatha No Guts? No Glory!

Thats pretty close to whats happening... even with the res set up to flow the length (in one end, out the other) it has to do with the pressure on the front and back of the propeller. In order for the propeller to spin, there has to a significant difference in the pressure between the front side and the back... thats why the propeller spins while the res is filling... once it is full the spin will slow to an eventual stop... If there was ZERO resistance from the shaft, you might get a very slow spin... but I doubt it.

Tribal... If you figure out a work around... you da' man!

Lee

3. tribaloverkill

tribaloverkill Who needs sleep,... bah.

IT WORKS!!!! AND IT WORKS GREAT!!! The sFX spins twice as fast!!! They sFX spins at the same speed with a entire watercooling setup as the old sFX's with just a pump!!! Thats amazing! Also,.. this fix is within the reservoir and can be removed! I didnt change any of of the parts I already made and this fix only adds about 1/4" in length to the reservoirs height! Damn im good!!!! HA HA HA. I'll posts pics and a video when I get home.

4. theAlien

theAlien I know what a Dremel is....

that sounds great ............. can't wait to see some video action of the res .......... :thumb:

Alan

5. tribaloverkill

Yea they work great now. They are pretty damn smooth when spinning too for not having a vortex. They are spinning totallly by propeller on the jet of water from the pump. They spin so good that I'm pretty sure they will spin fin with thicker coolants such as fluid xp etc,...

I'm going to make these things again though,... I know of a better abd easier way to make them. Will mean a better product once done.

6. tribaloverkill

Ok,... here's the my fix on the spinning problem. The spinnign problem is simple to understand. Basically,... the "in" is flowing a jet of water against the bottom of the propeller wher ethe "out" port is pulling water from above the porpeller and trhough it which is working against the the "in" port. I need keep the "out" port from pulling water throught eh propeller. Here's how,...

Nov-11-2007

With this,... it's basically a pan with a hole in the bottom for the intake. The pan's out diameter is about 2-1/8" where the inside diameter of the res's body is about 2-1/4" which give a good 1/16" groove all the way around. It's actually a bit more,... more like 3/32". Anyways,... it forces the out port to pull from around the pan which means it will be pulling from around the propeller instead of through it. water being pulled around the pan will come from about the prop and even in teh pan itself but thats ok because the water has to go up to get over the pans wall. Water going up is fine. Thats what I want. So yea. It works great!!! OH,... the little tube glued to the hole is for the in port. I cut the diameter down so that tube fits inside the in port which keep the pan from turn with the prop. That holes has to stay aligned with the in port so the jet of water bypasses the area where the out port is pulling from. The jet makes it way up into the the pan to push the prop.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I am goign to remake these because im not fully happy with how they came out. I know a better way to make them. So I will do that today. I will have both re's done today and ready for the aluminum work. I will also start my new brackets to day too:) I ahve off tonight so I will be there all night working on this.
    [​IMG]

The pan only adds an additional 1/4" to the overall height of the reservoir which is pretty damn good!! I'm thinking about lowering the pan a bit more and giving the walls of the pans a tiny bit more height.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's the video. Remember,... what you are seeing is with a FULL watercooling setup and not just a pump. I cant imagine how fast it would be if I just had a pump hooked to it!

Last edited: 11 Nov 2007
  7. HeXeN

HeXeN Straight from Hell

Congratulations !!! You don it :) i'm shocked of results. It looks killing ~!!! I've got no words speed is excelent not too fast and not to slow.

8. theAlien

looks fantastic tribal ........... :thumb: nuff said

......and it got me thinking what would happen if the pan had 2 inlets?

Alan

9. Qhs

Qhs µ modder

Amazing. Such an small fix for a possibly monumental problem.

10. Teyber

Teyber ******

!

(jk)

Congrats! those are beautiful!

11. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

You slick b*stard! How do you jam all that stuff into such a tiny reservoir?

12. tribaloverkill

Magic:naughty:

13. tribaloverkill

Damn,... so I didnt finishing updating both reservoirs last night. I kind of,... killed myself at the gym and I was sore as HELL!!! OMG,... I was so damn swolen. Anyways,... I ended up sleeping late and didnt make it to the studio until like 3:30am. Anyways,... I also ran into some trouble making the new pan things. I'll explain.

Nov-12-2007

This pan assembly has a thickness of 1/16" all around. HEre are some 2.5"OD 1/4" thick rings to cut down to 1/16" thick. There are some 1/16" thick squares to make the disc's.
    [​IMG]

Goign to use this to cut down the rings.
    [​IMG]

Altough it works fine the first time,.. I needed a way to hold the rings tighter.
    [​IMG]

Solution. Made slits and I pushed in these aluminum wedges. Works great.
    [​IMG]

Cutting down,..
    [​IMG]

Looks cool.
    [​IMG]

Done.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

OMG I'M SWOLLEN! Ripped. Damn,... i can barely move.
    [​IMG]

Where was i,... oh yea. Done.
    [​IMG]

One of the rings fell of range so I cant use it. So,... here's an example of how strong this s@#$ is. This is just before it broke.
    [​IMG]

This is how I cut the discs the last time but this time I'm not using a 1/4" bolts. So this didnt work very well. I tried several times and wasted so muc time with this. Anyways,... this 1/16" acrylic rips very easily when cutting. I recommend cutting it at a very high speed and fed slowly. I cut mine at like 2100+rpm.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

A new stool,...
    [​IMG]

Because my fat A@# broke the other one. OMG I wish I had all my media equipment,... if the video recorder was running that would of been funny as hell to watch. I totally busted my a!@. The funny part was that I just didnt fall to the floor. I fell back and hit the wal and then slide sideways onto the floor. The whole time I'm trying to grab a hold of something but couldnt get grip so BAAM! LOL. I didnt know what was happening until I saw the chair. I'm like why am I falling!??! BAAM!
    [​IMG]

HA HA,... Anyways,... almost done.
    [​IMG]

Modder, TheAlien asked about it so here it is! Dual intake! OH yea! Sending this to the company too.
    [​IMG]

This is how im cutting the the little pieces. I didnt do it this way the last time and it took that much longer. This worked great! I used a spike because using bolts kept stripoing the inside. This was that much better.
    [​IMG]

Look at that!!! They are perfect! So tiny and yet perfect.
    [​IMG]

Dual in,... lets glue em.
    [​IMG]

Oh yea,... so hot.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I didnt use the 1/4" shaft in the middle like last time because this is easier and better. The larger center tube only has to be placed about center and glued instead of being inserted then glued. The larger center keeps the pan straighter too. The last ones had a slight tilt to them. I didnt like that.
    [​IMG]

Damn that looks great!!
    [​IMG]

Thats just friggin cool!
    [​IMG]

DUAL BABY!!! Thanks TheAlien:) Does this mean I have to test it out?!?!?
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Prop in place,...
    [​IMG]

Pan covers the props fully now,...
    [​IMG]

Thats looks so cool.
    [​IMG]

I just have to put the new pan inside darths,.. and I have to resive Qhs's and then install his. After that its time for the brackets.

14. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

God, if I only had a nickel every time I heard that line...

@ Tribal: Kick-ass, bro. Looking sweet. Glad you fixed the small problem with the original revision. They look great, man! Is AC Ryan gonna clone these things, or what?

15. tribaloverkill

Cloning will probably commence in the very begining of 2008:)

16. Qhs

Qhs µ modder

Looking sexy, uh, I mean the reservoirs :D lol

17. theAlien

:worried: yep............. would be cool if you would ....:thumb::thumb:.... for everyone to see
    if they spin faster than with one inlet ............

Alan

18. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I was wondering where you found that odd sized tube for the pan...:duh: I should have known. You are crazy! (The good kind of crazy - not the foil hat crazy.)

-I worked hard to make that not sound dirty, and here you go and turn it all smutty again!:nono::D

19. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Sweet. I'll keep my eyes peeled.

:D That's what I'm here for, man! :thumb:

20. tribaloverkill

Hey guyz just a quickie,... I figured out what im going to do with the problem I am having with the "fix". I really need to name that "fix", LOL. Anyways,... I'm going to be working in the studio tomorrow to finally fix the fix and get a move on. I'll explain everything in detail very soon.