1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TribalOVERKILL's LiquiD EVOLUTION

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by tribaloverkill, 3 Jun 2007.

1. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

!!! Definitely THE ROTY, Reservoir Of The Year. I'd like to see a complete pc built to this standard :jawdrop: no prizes for guessing what award that would earn.
    As far as spinning the prop goes, i was thinking you would have the inlet on one side of the prop and the outlet on the other side of the prop, like an average fan, or have the outlet horizontal to the prop, basically arranged like your typical blower.
    Now i'm not 100%, but if i've understood correctly, i think you've got the prop spinning whilst keeping the inlet & outlet both below the prop, by sending the inlet through the middle of the prop, and the outlet goes through the outer part of the prop? If so, then NICE :thumb: original! But if not then i dunno whats happening :confused:
    Nice speed btw. Are there any friction issues? Or is there water between moving parts so there's no plastic to plastic contact/friction?

2. tribaloverkill

tribaloverkill Who needs sleep,... bah.

The problem with the out port being under the prop has been fixed with the pan. The pan forces the out port to draw from around the prop as oppose to drawing water through it. It works great! But the there is a problem with the pan itself. It tilts, hangin up the prop. As water get pumped through the pans in tube it pushes up on the pan. I tried the dual pan too and instead of tilting it from front to back its tils side to side. So I thought hard about it and there are a couple of ways to fix it but,... none of them are practical. Just way to tideous. SO! There's really only one way to fix this tilting problem and that would be to,...... glue the pan right to the end piece. Like I said,... I thought about this long and hard. I really wanted it so that you can easily remove the and prop and the sFX so you can use the res like a plain ole tank. You can still do that. You can either,... take everything out except the pan because it's glued,... or you can just buy another "plain" end piece. How much could a single end piece possibly cost?!?!? You know what I mean? So as of now,... there are going to be two bottoms. A plain bottom and a sFX bottom. The sFX bottom will come with a prop. This makes sense to me. It's easy to make because the end pieces are still the same except the sFX bottom has the pan glued in place. ACRyan has to make the pan anyways,... so whats one more stepp to glue it one?!?! you know what I mean? Anyone object to this? So,... im going to the studio today and I'm goign to make 4 more pans and then glue them on. Problem solved. The reservoirs will be spinning very nicely after this with no problems whatsoever. You know what,... i think the pan really helps to filter or keep bubble from rentering the system too! The reservoirs seemed to be more bubble free then without itt. I still have to test more before claiming this. So yea. I am definitely looking to patent this pan thing I made amoungst other things too.

3. tribaloverkill

MUAH HA HA HA HAAAAAAA!!!!

Nov-17-2007

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!! RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! *cries like a lil girl*
    [​IMG]

LOL. This is so amusing to me,... look at all this SH@#$! LOL. You know,... when I'm cutting and this stuff is spraying everywhere,... it's hot. I mean HOT! I usually have my head right up against the vise as im cutting so I can watch closely. This stuff lands like right in front of my face, literally. Now,... as it's accumulating, I can feel the heat from it! I mean its a lot of heat! So much that i'm still talking about it here instead of miving on to the cool pics,...
    [​IMG]

Very thin.
    [​IMG]

Breaks easily into a dust.
    [​IMG]

Look at all this! OMG, LOL. You know,... I bet I could use it to make a panel:) Crush it,... lay it on a cookie sheet evenly and then spray it down with weld-on, LOL. I think it would work.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

All of that fuzz from cutting these. Yep. Just these.
    [​IMG]

These things are so damn dead on its just blows my mind.
    [​IMG]

Bottoms added,... sanded and polished. So delicious.
    [​IMG]

Fixed! Glued that bad boy down. Easy right?!?! No more lifting/ tilting. It stays put and the only thing that floats is the prop and sFX. YES. As the sFX is spinning,... it's floating:)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

So hardcore,... the sFX was actually turning while I was taking pics.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Qhs! I havent forgot about you my friend. Your next! I have to update yours and get some pics and a video of yours. It's going to be just as hot man! I'm actually going to hook yours up seperately and then I'm going to hook both up in the one loop! I know both of them will turn! I need a splitter. I dont want one to spin slower then the other. Hmmm you think it will?!?!?

My mic on my camera was working for whatever reason,... listen and tell me what you hear:)

4. Qhs

Qhs µ modder

And I haven't forgotten about those stress relievers :dremel: I'm supposed to send to you ;)

5. tribaloverkill

Dude your res is going to be sick man,... cant wait.

6. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

RESIDENT EVIL! Awesome reses!

7. tribaloverkill

You got it:) Resident evil it is. I just noticed it when I was watching the video on my pc. I thought it was cool that I got it in the video.

8. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

:jawdrop:Wild~ That video looks like an old push mower blade...covered in blood! I want to make one now too!:wallbash:

Funny you should mention it... I've been saving up shavings to try that too! I'm going to sacrifice a glass Christmas bulb to make a big sphere. -I'm just let if soak in a big jar of acetone.

9. tribaloverkill

Go for it! Lets see how we do:) I need a s@#$ load of acetone too. I want to try something else with it. Where you get it? I havent looked yet.

10. tribaloverkill

Small update. Qhs's res is done. Both just need to be cleaned up a bit. Going to start on brackets now. I have to clean up the studio first. A Nuke went off over here.

Nov-18-2007

Done and works greats:)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ok,... I took anothre video of the DayWalker res because I didnt like that last one. I found out that the new one isnt all that either. I need a better video recorder.

This is Qhs's custom reservoir. It's so damn smooth,... god I love it.

So,... I do have plans on getting better media equipment. Does anyone know of a really good video editor or something where I can add cool effects to the video's?!?!? Maybe some bleeping for the foul mouth, LOL. Let me know. Thanks.

11. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Dude, I'm really wantin' one of these now. Can't wait 'till AC Ryan streets these...

12. tribaloverkill

Me too. That will be exciting.

13. Cheapskate

Hardware stores or walmart in with the paint thinners. MEK should be in the same section.
    I've been putting this off because the fumes will knock your head off, so a whole can will probably wreck the entire block.:D

14. tribaloverkill

I work at night:) What I want to do with it is try and use to to polish an entire acrylic part. Sand what I can and what I cant I will try and make the finest cuts possible. Then soak it for like 15 minutes in the acetone for a polished look. I seen this done on "How Stuff's Made" on discovery channel:)

15. Teyber

Teyber ******

acetone is like 5(or 15?) at home depot. I never go to the depot but you need acetone to sublimate dice and lowes didn't have it.

16. tribaloverkill

I'll check the lowes by me and if not then home depot. I really need to try this,... teyber what have you been up too? I havent checked your log lately. You been stayin out of trouble?

17. Qhs

Qhs µ modder

lol who was the person that started the whole educational television is bad, trend?

18. Teyber

Teyber ******

yeah havn't been working on my case. I set it all up and havn't posted a final update. I got a different plan on the horizon. Not really in case making but the phase change plan fell through and 500$ arrives my way end of this month. Im going to build phase change. Working on getting epa certified :D But this is your log my friend... And yeah ive been stayin out of trouble.
    p.s. i havn't been posting here lately, but i always drool over your updates :D

19. Cheapskate

I remember something like that, but it was screwdriver handles. They are made of acetate (spell check, isle 3...)
    Dont put too much work into your dipping victim. It would suck if it f*cked up.
    Speaking of experiments, I just broke the Christmas tree bulb trying to clean the paint off it...:duh:

20. tribaloverkill

Yeah well,.. i'm not going to make anything fancy to dip in it. I just want to turn cut a rod or something and then dip it for a while to see what happens. Maybe turn cut a rod and die the end with the G1/4 die. I want to see what happens to the threads when dipped.