1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trumpet Blowing 2016

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by debs3759, 16 Jan 2016.

1. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

Despite some connection problems with my rigs at the remote site, November was a successful month for me:
    • Highest production since I started folding again a year ago, with over 53M points
    • Now consistently producing > 2M PPD thanks to a couple of new cards - I remember a time earlier this year when I was dying to produce 1M PPD! Yes, F@H is still as addictive as ever! :hehe:
    • Made it to the top 20 in the team rankings
    • Climbed up another place in the top 20 producers list
    • Hit 300 million points

I also just plumbed a second GTX 980 Hydro Copper into one of the rigs last night, so my daily numbers should jump up close to 2.5M in the next day or two. My next move is going to be servicing and rebuilding a couple of the air cooled machines over Christmas. The fins of the MSI GTX 970s in them have become quite clogged up with dust and will need a good clean out, so I'll be rebuilding them into new cases with better dust filters and improved airflow at the same time. Then in the new year sales I plan on blowing what's left of my folding budget from this year on a 1080Ti to take daily production up by another million plus points! :D

Last edited: 4 Dec 2016
  2. desertbaker

desertbaker Steady Eddie

Well done Doc. Doesn't seem that long ago we were congratulating you on reaching 1bn and now well over 3 and in the top 15...do you let the missus (do you have one?) see the electricity bill?

Had an unexpected puncture and one new rear tyre was £237 and the nice man from Kwik Fit said the other rear tyre only has 500 miles left on it, so I will have to wait until the New Year for that 1070 upgrade :waah:

3. DocJonz

DocJonz Another CPC refugee .....

@Unicorn - sounds good :thumb:

@desertbaker - I don't think showing the missus would be a good idea :lol:

4. Scorpuk

Scorpuk Minimodder

:lol:

I can only imagine what yours is based on mine. :jawdrop:

When I get a smart meter its going to be frightening. :eeek:

5. gupsterg

gupsterg What's a Dremel?

Well Feb 16 rank was 148 , now 99 :D .

Happy new year members!:thumb:.

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

I managed to achieve another little personal goal that I set myself at the end of November; hit 70M points in one month. Looking back on posts from this time last year, I didn't expect to be running this many clients or putting out these sort of numbers when I started back into this in November of 2015, but I've enjoyed contributing to the project again and having the farm upgrade to work on over Christmas has given me something positive to focus on as a tough year draws to a close.

I am aiming to make another leap to over 4M PPD within the next week or two, which works out at ~120M points per month. Again, I never dreamt that I would be producing those sort of numbers when I fired up a folding machine for the first time in several years back in November 2015, so it's a big deal for me to be 4th (and soon to be 3rd) in the team producers table. I will do my best to sustain >4M PPD for as long as possible through 2017 and who knows what I'll be running this time next year!

Happy New Year everyone!