1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK: Series of Explosions throughout London

Discussion in 'General' started by PaulW, 7 Jul 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Exactly. Nothing but a group of people looking for reasons to hate the western world for its traditions, which is no better than what they accuse us of doing. The difference is we choose to fight against soldiers, they choose to be cowards and hide their hypocrisy behind the deaths of innocent civilians.

2. slaw

slaw At Argos buying "gold"

have to agree. we cant let these people frighten us, but i may leave public transport for today and walk home

3. logan

logan flashback!

You'll probably have little choice! Think it's gonna be disrupted for a while...

4. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

I suppose the current question is which rutty **************s are truly responsible for this sick act? Sorry to hear about it guys; no one deserves this kind of ******** :(

5. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

G'mornin, Roto. I see you got the news bright and early...it's 7am over there, isn't it?

6. pranks7er

pranks7er mange tout

Last edited: 7 Jul 2005
  7. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

Man, I just heard about this a little while ago and am truly sorry. However, you have to admit that it's not a suprise this happened - especially now because of the G8... I know that some Al Quida affiliated group has claimed responsability, but has that been confirmed?

8. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

Last edited: 7 Jul 2005
  9. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

Yeah, it is pretty early here... I only got up early though because I went to bed early yesterday at like 7:30; got up at 6:30 this morning.

10. logan

logan flashback!

Casualty hotline number issued by scotland yard:
    0870 1566 344.

Herbicide - for some reason none of your links are working for me - seems to have some extra junk in the url. (an extra http://)

11. c.cam108

c.cam108 Minimodder

This really is sick. I saw those images of the bus blown apart on the news, and those people didn't stand a chance. It's scary when you have family down there as well. Anyone else have relatives down in London at the moment? My aunt and uncle, as well as their children live in the capital, and naturally I'm worried about them. You are all in my prayers.

_C (Colin Cameron)

12. Dad

Dad You talkin to me?

13. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

"Military raid", huh? Gee, I seem to be lacking the understanding of what is military. Last I checked, a bunch of innocent civilians on public transit to their places of employment did not constitute military.

Then again, I'm not an islamist extremist. Sick bunch of ****ers.

14. Potato

Potato What's a Dremel?

Guys, if any of you are down their or any of you have family down there I'm really sorry. ********in terrorists. Is this confirmed to be over G8 or the Olympics yet?

15. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Argh I hate the Al Qaeda I hate it when innocent civilians doing nothing more just trying to get on with life get blow apart in the bus...

I think now it's confirmed around 60~ odd casualties 10 of which are serious and the rest are ok... and 2 dead ?

Been following it on BBC World stupid local chinese stations still playing some stupid drama crap :rolleyes:

I hope the goverment finds these prats and the SAS "take care" of them :grr:

16. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Not as of yet. However, there is a lot of doubt as to any connection to the olympics. Would have taken too long to plan, and the announcement only came yesterday.

As for the G8, there's a *high* probability of relation. Either by the fact that they thought they could get more attention since all the big 8 were close by, or because the security in London was reduced to compensate for the possible issues in Edinbourgh. Again, though, nothing confirmed...all is speculation right now.

17. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

US reports are about 40 dead, scores wounded.

18. logan

logan flashback!

Seems like it's not a reaction to either - but the fact that the world is focused on the G8 Summit means that it's an ideal opportunity for the terrorist group responsible to get the widest coverage.

That's my personal opinion - but it has been voiced by other people.

19. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

Well I can confirm from my friend that the RAF and similar Military companiese are being called to maintain tight security over the time being ... I think they are scheduling pilots to fly over London providing air-security...

Methinks it is either a show of power from the cowardly Al-Qaeda or a start or preparation to further attacks as bad as it sounds..think about it they attack London during G8 summit where security is lowered a bit as concentration is in G8 and then they dampen transports and cause slight chaos... :grr: and then... who knows

20. Potato

Potato What's a Dremel?

In the US I just heard it was ~40 dead and ~300 hurt and ~150 seriously hurt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.