1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UK: Series of Explosions throughout London

Discussion in 'General' started by PaulW, 7 Jul 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Ok,

Maplin, this was why I didn't think this belonged here. It seems we've opened quite a can of worms.

To everyone, this is not a thread on the politics of WW2 or US v. UK, I'm sure I speak for both of us when I say we're sorry to have entertained that notion.

I came back for a couple minutes to simply say this (before I found these last few posts):

This thread is not about us vs. them. It's not about US vs. UK. It's not about islamists vs. christians. It is about the horrid, sorry loss of life that happened today, for no reason. And for that there are great sympathies from the US to the UK, of which my feelings are a part of.

Maplin doesn't speak for all Brits (thank god), and I don't speak for all Americans (also probably thankfully). We were both passionately political for a second despite our own better judgements, and neither of us are probably phrasing our points the way we would like them to be understood by others.

Cheers and goodnight. Here's to a better tomorrow (preferably without smoke and bombs). And may better luck, understanding, and love bless BOTH our shores.

I hope tomorrow I find a lack of this divisive drivel following my post. We don't help anything by being against one another. :blah:

2. TJK

TJK What's a Dremel?

in response

We are all citizens of a country with an organized democratic government that the people have some say and we dont have to worry every day about soemthing happening to us. The Iraqis, Sunis, Israelis, Afghanis and all those other people do. As citizens of a first world country, we shouldnt be at each others throats fighting about this stuff. We need to come togther and realize that both countries were wronged, and those wrongs need to be righted. Fighting among our own kind isnt going to help. I would gladly give my life for the freedoms that we now enjoy, and I'm not just saying that. I havent enlisted in the army or anything, but if duty calls, I will not shy away from the battlefield. I am studying to become an engineer and with that I will be able to serve my country, even if I need go to war.

3. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

It just shows what the world is like when something which should be unifying people turns into a pissing contest between the very people who should be showing support for eachother.

Sort it out.

4. PrometheusCon

PrometheusCon What's a Dremel?

so you expect to be a middle man? Just someone who takes it and says "no it's okay just don't do it again." Whatever you're into...

5. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

THIS IS NOT A WWII THREAD.

I've just cleared out 5 WWII "We saved you, you owe us" posts.

John Cena, it is in your best interests NOT to post about WWII in this thread again, this thread is purely about the RECENT attacks in London which has claimed 55 lives.

I do not want to see -

Refrences on how America "Saved our butts" - believe me, I could reel off a lot of bad points about you guys. So lets not go there.

6. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

Would remove that bit if I were you buddy.. just to prevent backlashes.

BBC News says 37 are dead... google says 45? :wallbash:

7. WireFrame

WireFrame <b>PermaBanned</b>

I would have been threatened with "Moderator Review" if I had posted some of this rubbish. Please, stop arguing about who saved who and why the US/UK 'owes' the US/UK (delete as appropriate).

I'm sure he'll really appreciate that. Did you even read the rest of his post?

8. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

As much as all of you have valid points to make, that I'm sure fill you with countless words and feelings about issues you feel relevant to this event I am feeling more and more disheartened that you have chosen this particular thread to fill with with political assumptions, accusations and discussion not even current to the situation.

There are times when solidarity for the victims of this type of horrendous crime should come above and beyond any tit for tat pissing contests (well put KNA). Out of respect for those involved in whatever capacity; victim, relative of victim, emergency worker or anyone else directly touched by the attack I have decided to close this thread and let the ill feeling and flaming disappear into the database.

Thanks to those who had decided to show their concern, support and shared their feelings with us but it is time to perhaps remain silent and reflect on how you personally will do something about this not occurring again or end up being forgotten; be it by remaining more vigilant, supporting whatever political alliance you think will make a difference or simply by not forgetting the victims.

May the dead rest in peace, may the survivors be able to regain enough physical and mental strength to heal, forgive and eventually forget.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.