1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LOL Videos of awesome

Discussion in 'General' started by VipersGratitude, 1 May 2009.

1. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

Same here.
    I think the problem (or at least the cause of the problem) is on youtube's side. Video links for embedding in general (youtube.com/v/<videocode>) are automatically redirected to youtube.googleapis.com/v/<videocode> now for some reason, and the page where you end up just has a link to "watch on youtube".

Last edited: 14 Aug 2016
  2. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

3. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

Same problem in Opera 41 Developer.

4. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

Has this problem impacted all forums or just bit tech, it must be a global issue correct?

5. Jarga the Hutt

Jarga the Hutt 300lb Fuzzy Man

It's not just Bit-Tech. I run a small gaming forum and our youtube tags broke the same day Bit-Tech's did.

6. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

7. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

I love colin but his disregard of safety is getting old.

It aint big and it aint clever.

Same goes for bear grylls i love the show but i dont want to see him die due to be being too macho to use safety gear.

If your guests are required to use it then so are you, lead by example.........

8. theshadow2001

theshadow2001 [DELETE] means [DELETE]

Don't worry, he had his safety tie on :)

9. d_stilgar

d_stilgar Old School Modder

Bear Grylls uses safety gear, they just hide it. There was one episode where he was supposed to be climbing down a waterfall with no safety gear, but in one shot you can see him slip a little and clearly grab his harness. Colin also has a harness on. You can see it in a few shots.

10. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

It's one of the bastions of backyard bodgery, for chists sake don't bring the HSE into weekend messing about & fun

11. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye :).

In all seriousness though, there's "having fun and messing about" and then there's "pissing around with an engine spinning a propellor at several thousand RPM". Doubtless Colin Furze knows what he's doing (or has had help from people who know what they're doing) but that doesn't come across in the video (although yes you can see a harness).

Like it or not some people have a difficulty in distinguishing between what they see on screen and what is actually a good idea to try in real life, especially when it's on YouTube. Is it too much to ask to take 5 seconds to say "Look don't f--- around, this stuff can seriously injure or kill you. I know what I'm doing and I know how to do it safely"?

12. Pliqu3011

Pliqu3011 all flowers in time bend towards the sun

13. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

If the prop blades let go they'll fly away from him, they're designed to run at that speed and are used by thousands every week without indecent.

If folk can't tell a good idea from bad on YouTube then the gene pool is better off for it.
    What when I was a lad we had something called 'personal responsibility' alas I fear it ran off in search of common sense, neither have been seen for many a year and both are feared dead.

14. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

I'm not interested in rehashing the "health and safety gone mad" fallacy, this isn't the time or place. And you know what? Things were cheaper when I was a kid too; we played outside until after dark without telling our parents where we were; we didn't have mobile phones or tablets or laptops either; we got into fights and ate dirt; we got told off for doing something stupid or getting into trouble at school; etc... Every generation says the same thing about the next: your parents did it, my parents do it, you do it, I do it, and if I ever have children then they'll probably do it when they're older too.

But we're not here for that, so let's carry on watching some cool/funny/awesome/superlative of your choice/etc videos.

15. d_stilgar

I follow Chris Franklin (@campster) on twitter and subscribe to Errant Signal. I watched this earlier this morning and shouldn't have. I've been meaning to get back to this game and now I'm sure it's at least a little ruined. He mentions Dear Esther, Gone Home, and other games that I really enjoyed. Oops.

16. d_stilgar

Embed vimeo video

My neighborhood is desperate enough for parking I wouldn't be surprised if someone did this.

rainbowbridge likes this.
  17. Byron C

Byron C Multimodder

18. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

Health and safety is a lot different to common sense lol.

19. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

The HSE would disagree.
    And just to stay on topic, an oldie but goldie

20. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

I spent good money to try to bring this track to Asseto Corsa 2 years back but it fell through :-( this would have been my dream track. Here it is.