1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education We Like to Ride Bicycles

Discussion in 'General' started by RTT, 8 May 2008.

1. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Bike discount and Rose bikes are both good and I believe also both in Germany saves you on postage that way.

Picked up the first saddle this is the only one with a cutout and my its a huge one.

[​IMG]

Also ended up having to get a new tyre, well two so they match, plus a tube after picking up a cut down the side wall. Continental Grand Prix classic's are a go! Loving the look of them only done the front one so far changes the way the bike looks though an I like it.

[​IMG]

2. Thorium19

Thorium19 What's a Dremel?

Now this is a good thread indeed, I do like my bicycles (If the three I have are anything to go by)

Anyone got any experience with a quad lock bike mount? I've ordered one for my road bike so I can start using strava and was wondering if there was anyone who has/had one.

3. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Haven't posted in a while so I thought i'd start with bycycles. After riding a Yeti ASR for 7 years I thought it was time for a new mountain bike so I went for a Cube Stereo 140 HPC.

[​IMG]

Also went on a bike skills course at http://ukbikeskills.co.uk/ I had a lot of fun doing this and it help me improve on my technique and get rid of some bad habits. Definantly recommend it.

4. Tekku

Tekku What's a Dremel?

Thank for the hints guys, and keep them coming, it's always nice for someone that is not so deep into the matter :)

5. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Multimodder

Two of the lads I ride with have ordered Reverb's from ProBikeShop which I think is in France, shipped over to the UK

6. bdigital

bdigital Is re-building his PC again

Cant wait to get out on thr bike tomorrow! Surrey Hills for a blast on the bronson

7. legoman

Seen this, now stupidly tempted Frame and fork are about 300 then wheels etc I can build

[​IMG]

8. bdigital

Cleaned the old girl up ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Spanky

Spanky Multimodder

Thats a sweet looking bike Bobby. Where abouts are you riding? Have you been to Friston yet? Im getting bored riding around Bedgebury forest and wanting somewhere new to take mine.

10. RevDarny

RevDarny Minimodder

Is that saddle comfortable to sit on at that angle?

11. bdigital

Mainly Surrey Hills. Theres some awesome trails around there, so many too. Fristen is a good shout havnt taken it up there yet
    Yup.

12. dynamis_dk

dynamis_dk Grr... Grumpy!!

Looks great that does! Love the colour scheme on that every time I see it. I'm trying to find more time to get out and if I get back into it I may treat myself to a new Santa Cruz frame - maybe the 5010 :p

13. bdigital

Yeh i rode the 5010 before settling on the Bronson. Great frame, very lively! Pne thing the Santa Cruz are great at is pedalling.

14. dynamis_dk

I've got a heckler at the minute and find sometimes the travel is maybe a bit more then I need. I think for me the 5010 might be a wise move as didn't like the superlight and the Bronson might be a bit more of a machine then I need :)

15. bdigital

The Bronson is more bike than i need, but it suited my style much more than the 5010. I rode them back to back and while the 5010 is suited on paper, it was a bit too much to handle for me. Needed a lot of input. The bronson felt like a beginners friend, agile but willing to plough through stuff. Get yourself a demo, oh and also check out the Whyte T-130. Awesome bike, similar to the 5010 in geometry but cheaper

16. dynamis_dk

hmm bit of something for me to think about, cheers for that :)

I'll google up on that Whyte and see when I can get close to one in person

17. Pootana

Pootana What's a Dremel?

This thread reminded me I need new tyres for my langster

18. wecrookie

wecrookie Minimodder

My Focus has developed a creaky bottom bracket:miffed:

Any suggestions for a decent degreaser & are these chain cleaners worth the money??

yours wecrookie:confused:

19. legoman

Three I use a fair bit

Morgan Blue - amazing stuff can be diluted

Muc Off Bio Degreaser - smells really sweet an synthetic but works. Pro tip never spray on your hands an put them in water

WD-40 Chain degreaser - Its a motorbike one but amazing on chains.

Chain cleaner wise ive never been a fan they never seem to clean the sides properly when I use them. I prefer to use a small tub take the chain off an scrub it in there.

20. Lance

Lance Ender of discussions.

I've been using Juice lubes dirt juice and it think its excellent.

I would also suggest getting a set of brushes. I bought these and I'm very happy. I particularly like the paint brush one for applying the degreaser to the chain and the big pipe cleaner for getting between the breaks.